Righto, there's a bit of a theme with Dylan Apartments - wish I read the reviews before I stayed there for a week.
Don't even bother looking at the photographs on their web site - the rooms are simply nothing like them. Here's the feedback that we sent them when we left:
The staff were friendly and responded quickly to our concerns. Certainly no problem with human resources at this hotel, however we feel sorely disappointed after staying at your hotel.
Our reasons are as follows:
- your website displays magnificent renovated and refurbished rooms, our rooms however were like hovels.
- in our first room, the bed was old, creaky, uncomfortable and broken. We've slept on comfier floors. The walls were covered in cracks, holes, band aids, stains and some organic material that I recommend you get tested. It was either blood, snot or faeces. The bathroom flooded twice in less than a day. The hair dryer was broken and the kitchenette was barely functionable. For example, the microwave plug didn't reach the socket. We complained and were "upgraded" to a "triple" room.
- the triple room consisted of a single bed and a king single that you are trying to pass off as a double. Again the walls were full of cracks and holes, the carpet (like the first room) looked as if it had been used externally for several years before being relaid in your hotel. In the shower, the plug was full of hair. The bathroom was barely big enough to turn around in. The heater had a thick layer of dust inside it. The curtains didn't cover the whole window so we were woken by the sun each morning. The curtains were also filthy with stains. The room was so hot and the heater was unable to be turned off so we were sweating all night. The windows were useless as they only opened a couple of inches and two were inaccessible behind the kitchenette and wardrobe.
In short, your website is one huge false advertisement. Similar feedback to this has been left on Trip Adviser about your hotel and you will be featured in a YouTube video about what not to do in Europe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a group of Studio Apartments in Central London, based in Earl's Court, Kensington and Paddington. We specialise in short & long term lettings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Fastbooking, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dylan Apartments Earls Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dylan Earls Court Apartments Hotel London
- York Hotel London
- Dylan Apartments Earls Court London, England