“Cheat! Deceiving photos!!”

Dylan Apartments Earls Court
Ranked #994 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I travelled to London in April 2012. I had booked this hotel after seeing its room pictures on its website. It showed that they have spacious and newly renovated rooms. But on reaching there, I saw, to my dismay, that the rooms were match box sized and the reception staff acted shamelessly at their cheating. I took an upgrade but it did not really make any difference to the size apart from me shelling out an extra 30 pounds for it. They made me pay for wifi and it only worked in the lobby. They also claim that they are serviced apartments when they do not do anything except clean my room every alternate day. My advice: STAY AWAY!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed August 12, 2012

The room felt like something out of a horror flick and I burst out laughing after going inside.

My friend and I wanted a decent room- even if we planned to be out most of the trip.
The room had the most pointless bathroom possible complete with a hacked-up, make-shift 'door'.. the "kitchen area" was a cupboard with a sink, kettle and micro fridge.. we also had a luxurious pitiful storage space filled with christmas decorations and I left a magazine ontop of my bag and returned to find someone had pinched it before I had finished reading it.
The heating was on permanently so we were baking in our sleep and we had to leave the window open throughout the day (we were on the ground floor). If you tried to swing a cat, you'd probably lose your arms.
The only good thing was that it was close to a tube station and was in a pleasant area for an evening stroll after dinner..
I wished i took pictures. Just find a Premier Inn or something.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lilith B
Reviewed July 21, 2012

first day my brother arrived on his own and found out his reservation was canceled with out any prior notice. Funny enough it was not only him but same thing with another person had the same issue.

The hotel offered him another room at 3 times the price he refused to pay they said there is nothing we can do you can come back with the other reservation the double room thats for me and him and check in then.

He had to go around london to find a hotel which is pretty hard during the peak season so he had to crash with his friends until i come in 3 days.

3 later we come and check in in the world SMALLEST room there is not space to put your bag even. Its the world worst place dont even waist your money going to a hostel is better

Room Tip: Don't book this hotel
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank JuniorZee
Reviewed July 16, 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Like other readers I wish I had looked at the reviews! Our room looked nice enough at first but the "ensuite" was tiny, the shower water pressure was way too high and the temperature kept going from hot to cold. The toilet was blocked and the maintenance staff said there was nothing they could do. There was no cooling, AND to top it off, on our last night I noticed that both the kitchen sink and the bathroom sink taps were covered in mould. I just hope we don't get sick! Also the kettle and toaster were practically on the sink, not particularly safe. Oh and the kitchen sink was clogged.
It was ridiculously over priced. £60 for sat and Sunday and £110 for Sunday!
Never again.
Do not stay here.

Room Tip: Anywhere but here
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Rissad
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Don't do it !! - i wish that i had looked at tripadvisor comments before booking - the fact that there's a company rule which prohibits you from looking at your room before paying is indicative and probably illegal. much higher quality accommodation is available for the same price elsewhere - the walls are like paper

i left 6 nights before the end of my booking - costing me £660 quid - but it was worth it....

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ANDY S
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I have stayed here a few times. You get what you pay for. Simple as that.

The photo's used are usually NOT what you will get. I have always had a very small room, usually with one of those all in one fridge/hob/microwave units. TV is on the wall, old style. I had a small toilet, squeezed into a space next to the shower, which was a fit even for me! Not all rooms have en-suite, I had to pay more, so watch when you book! Usually, the non en-suite rooms are cheaper, so they are suggested first. Ensure you pay a little more if you want your own.

The room itself needed a paint and a good sort out. The bed sheets were clean though. And it was very hot in there too. Also, the trains run under the apartments, so expect some noise and a little shaking as the trains run through.

As always with London rooms, you get what you pay for. If you're there a night or two, just need a safe base and won't be spending a lot of time in there, it's fine. If you're looking for a romantic weekend in London, then I don't recommend this hotel at all.

Also, they sell chocolate and cold drinks in Reception, be careful, very expensive. £2 for a small bar of chocolate, pop to the shop on the corner of the road.

Room Tip: always check you have a en-suite if you want one
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo