The Rubens at the Palace
  • Breakfast included
Great 4.5/5
Very Good 4/5
4,485 results
All reviewsbuckingham palacevictoria stationlibrary restaurantafternoon teaold masterscavalry barred carnationjames parkking roomfull english breakfastconcierge deskwonderful hotellovely roomgreen parktrafalgar squarebig benlocation was perfect
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Gorgeous smaller hotel. Giant fluffy towels, Fragonard toiletries, super-clean and a staff that falls all over themselves to help you. Directly across from buckingham palace. Wish we could stay longer-enjoyed a fabulous English tea with champagne in posh surroundings. . .loved it!

Room Tip: Direct view of the royal mews from 4th floor superior twin room
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2014

We traveled through Dublin, Wales, stopped in Chester and Stow-on-the-Wold...made our way to the beautiful Rubens Hotel...Our family enjoyed the attention to detail and kindness of each of the employees at the Rubens;Joanna--and her staff--made birthday celebrations possible for my son and myself...Nathan--his smiling face and considerable care with our luggage, helped make our stay comfortable...Suki and others were so kind and helpful during our stay.The Hotel itself is wonderfully appointed; breakfast was abundant; the bar and lounge were great; suggestions for dinner reservations were always top notch--the 'bbar' is next door and superb.We were pampered by all of the staff and were happy to have spent our time in an authentically furnished hotel across from the Mews. The location is wonderful and we highly recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank lcetraveler
Reviewed August 2, 2014

As a single person travelling with a dog you often have a pretty hard time. Some hotels allow them but only barely, telling you not to bring them to breakfast while at the same time not letting you leave him unsupervised in the room - leaving you with a breakfast you paid for but aren't able to consume.

This place is different. Beyond different actually. Upon arrival we were greeted warmly, especially my little George. Everybody wanted to pet him, coo over him and in general lavish him with attention he enjoyed very much. They even took a picture of him which they later printed out on a certificate of stay - so cute!

I was told that I was more than welcome to take him to all the restaurants, bars, etc. with me, which turned out to be so very convenient. They simply placed me slightly to the side, out of the way of other customers and that way nobody was bothered by us.

And things didn't stop there. In the room we found a little bed, a special room service menu for pets, a little toy he loved instantly as well as a bowl with bottled water and a gift bag of treats - some may call these things unnecessary but they definitely help with making you feel welcome.

Aside from that the room was spacious, beautifully decorated and had a wonderful AC unit which was nice in the sweltering heat we had that weekend.

The hotel also offers a pet sitting service which I took advantage of during a trip to the theatre - I came back to a very happy and exhausted dog and could sit back and enjoy the show knowing my furry friend was taken care of.

To sum things up, this is my idea of a perfect hotel. Luxurious, friendly and accommodating. The location is hard to beat to and despite all that I still found it competitively priced. I can recommend this hotel whole heartedly.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
5  Thank MakaniValur
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

We had a lovely afternoon in the
Salon connected to the Hotel. I returned after an incredible tea 3 years before when visiting from the US. This was a celebration for my Granddaughters 21st Birthday and they made it an afternoon to remember. The location is around the corner from The Palace...the service is also royal.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank timmy610
Reviewed July 30, 2014

The hotel is lovely and very unique but what makes the Rubens outstanding is their staff. Whether it was the bell staff, front desk or concierge, they all went out of their way to make our stay special. My husband had mentioned at check in that we were going to be taking our daughter to Wicked (the theatre is just around the corner from the hotel). The night of the play we returned back to our room to find it transformed with green candles, "wicked" cupcakes and a signed poster. it was the perfect end to a perfect day. My thanks again to the Ruben. Other strong points - it is a block from Victoria station so both tube and train are easily accessible. Good sized rooms - because there were 3 of us, we went for a junior suite.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family