We stayed at the Rubens a few wks ago as the first stop of our four country European trip. The service was not surpassed by any other hotel during our trip, even the 5* ones. The staff were friendly and helpful, housekeeping was excellent, the location is central and the food pretty good too. Our 7 yo was very welcomed and made to feel very special. As a result, she felt London was her favorite stop. The guest services manager, Marta and the night manager were particularly helpful, professional and courteous. When we had an issue with our phone and wake up calls the first day, the manager rectify the situation. The rooms are a bit small (exacerbated by the rollaway bed for my daughter), as many european hotels are. But our room overlooked the Royal Mews. No sightings of the Queen however. The only problem we had that could not be solved was the wifi not working on our iphones and ipad. Even though the night manager himself came up to our room to help us solve the mystery, none of us could figure out why.
The concierge recommended the Big Bus which stopped at the front of the hotel. I bought the tickets from the hotel concierge but in retrospect it was not worth it due to our time constraints. If you have a lot of time to sit in the bus and enjoy the sights on this one way loop, it's not bad. If you have limited time and lots to see, not worth it. Also, ask for family fare for the bus. We were sold the individual fares which added up to be more than the family deal.
Overall, it was a great stay for our family. I spent a lot of time researching for a hotel prior to our trip and it paid off. We'll be back next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional, Edwardian-era hotel, originally built as a debutante hostel for nearby Buckingham Palace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Rubens at the Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rubens At The Palace Hotel London
- Rubens At The Palace London
- Rubens Palace
- The Rubens At The Palace London, England