We stayed in a twin room here. The room was lovely and the bathroom was huge. The shower was really good and there was plenty of hot water. The only small issue we had with the room was that the beds were so close to each other we may as well have shared a king bed! Luckily we are very good friends, but I have friends I go away with who would have found this close proximity of the beds a bit too invasive!
The hotel is gorgeous and the staff are very polite, friendly and have great knowledge of London. The breakfast was probably the best one I have ever had in a hotel. There was a huge choice of food and the full English was fresh, hot and the crispy bacon is to die for. You also had your eggs cooked freshly in front of you - fab!
The drinks in the bar are very expensive - £8 for a shot of Baileys - but I guess this is what you would expect from a hotel of this star rating in central London.
There are plenty of great wine bars and restaurants within easy walking distance and the hotel is about a 5 minute walk from Victoria tube station
We will definitely go back to this hotel - is really made our trip extra special
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional, Edwardian-era hotel, originally built as a debutante hostel for nearby Buckingham Palace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Rubens at the Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rubens At The Palace Hotel London
- Rubens At The Palace London
- Rubens Palace
- The Rubens At The Palace London, England