“A very pleasant hotel in a very convenient location.”
Review of Rathbone Hotel

Rathbone Hotel
Ranked #283 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed two nights here and it was lovely. All the staff were really friendly and professional. Everything was very clean. Rooms were ok. Plenty of room to swing a car if we'd had one. Loved the breakfast. Just two things ... For breakfast use butter and in the bar Jusy offer some nuts/ crisps with cocktails and drinks. Lived the art deco type interior. Also appreciated the 10% off several local restaurants. the Italianon Catherine Place was lovely. I'd come here again.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank PeterCGates
MDellomo, Front Office Manager at Rathbone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

It was great reading your review and I thank you for all your kind comments. Our staff are delighted every time we pass our guests’ observations on to them. Customer service is our priority and we are grateful when it is acknowledged and praised. So is the cleanliness of our rooms and public areas, therefore I appreciate you mentioned that as well. Likewise, thank you very much for your nice remark about our breakfast, we constantly strive to improve in every area of service, introduce new products and control standard of service so that our guests stay here with pleasure, enjoy their visit in London and wish to come back as I hope you will in a not too distant future.

There are newer reviews for Rathbone Hotel

Reviewed December 1, 2012

I know you are not supposed to expect to much of London hotels, but...
The best thing about the hotel is the location. And it's rather cozy and welcoming in the bar/front desk area. The staff is also very friendly and helpful.
As for the room, I stayed in a Junior Double room, and the room was really small. But the bathroom was even smaller... The decor is also very old, and in desperate need for renovation. Everything felt cleen, though.
The bed was good, but with a window towards the backyard, there was a constant humming from some fan back there.
If you have no plan staying in your room for other purposes that sleeping, I could recomend the hotel. But if you are travelling with your partner, you have to go for a bigger room than this, otherwise you want have room enough for your things.
If your travelling alone and have business in the area, it's a good choice.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

I appreciate the time you took to post your review after staying at the Rathbone.
It was a pleasure to pass your kind comments about our staff to them, we are all very happy when our efforts to provide the best customer service possible are acknowledged. As you mentioned, our many room types are suitable for different purposes. A junior double room is perfect for a short break or a business trip and if our guests are looking for a comfortable longer stay we offer them some of our more spacious standard or executive rooms. Regarding our hotel’s traditional style, it maintains many original features of unique décor which often prompts positive feedback from our guests. Our ongoing maintenance programme ensures that we continually monitor the upkeep of our hotel and I’m sorry if you felt we fell short on this aspect. Thank you for noting our cleanliness and commenting on the comfort of our bedding. We are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Just returned from a 2 night stay at this hotel. Booked a Junior Double as we didn't plan spending much time in our room. Room was spotlessly clean, comfy bed and nice duvet, pillows. Bathroom a little on the small side but no real complaints re the room. The hotel is lovely in the reception, bar area. Great location, close to Soho, Oxford Street, Theatreland etc. Many lovely places to eat nearby Palms of Goa very nice and some nice old fashioned pubs. We did not have breakfast in the hotel and ventured a few minutes onto Tottenham Court Road where we had breakfast at Cafe conccerto (I think that was the name!, nice tables with red tableclothes) Was lovely, full English with Coffee for less than £12 for the two of us. Nice stay would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sunshinekeighley

I appreciate the time you took to write your lovely comment following your stay at the Rathbone. Since we provide many room types of various sizes I am glad you found the room allocated to you suitable for your purpose. Thank you for commending our cleanliness as well, it is very important for us to ensure we provide a clean and comfortable environment to our guests. This includes the bedding which I am delighted to read you enjoyed. I am also happy that our public spaces was to your liking, it receives a lot of kind comments from our visitors. Needless to say, our location is perfect for visits to London, be it a shopping trip, a cultural exploration or a city break to visit the capital. I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again and you will give us the opportunity to taste our breakfast as well, which I’m sure you’d enjoy.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

This hotel is situated in 3 minutes walk from the Oxford street, the location is perfect! The quet little street, with the wide range of restaurants nearby (Indian, French, Italian etc.)
Nice and cosy rooms, clean, polite personal, and rather democratic prices! I do not advice to take the breakfast because it is very poor, but if you turn right from the hotel and then left you will find the great place Cote! Tasty Eggs Benedict and fresh yogurt will make you day. Nice atmosphere+tables outside.

One more thing about Rathbone hotel, I think the best recommendation is when you want to returne to this place more and more, and I do!
If you are searching the best located nice, clean and quiet hotel with rather big rooms (according to what I saw earlier) this is the great choice.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Vikashub

Thank you so much for your lovely review of the Rathbone.

I am delighted to know how much you enjoyed our location, facilities and staff. I also appreciate your feedback on our breakfast.

All feedback we receive, whether it is good or bad is very helpful in maintaining high standards of the services we provide. I am sorry that on this occasion you found our breakfast not up to your expectations. We usually receive nice comments about the choice of food we provide with our Continental buffet or full English breakfast. As you expressed the wish to return to us, which indeed is the best recommendation we could receive, I hope we will be able to convince you that our breakfast is in fact quite varied and tasty.

We look forward to seeing you again in 2013.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I booked this hotel as its location is spot on for visiting London. Just North of Oxford street, near Euston. Kings Cross and St Pancras train stations and easy to walk to theater land. So much so we didn't go on the underground at all during our stay. The room was fine, clean, comfy bed and pillows,and quite adequate for a one night stay. I think if we had been staying all week we would have booked a larger room. We used the concierge facilities for storing our luggage before we booked in on the Saturday and after booking out Sunday. This made life very easy for us, with no luggage to cart around. We didn't partake in breakfast in the hotel as there are lots of restaurants in the area to choose from, in fact the choice of local restaurants in the vicinity is excellent and another big plus point for staying in this hotel. Well recommend to all.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Swallow11

Thank you so much for your lovely review of the Rathbone.

We are extremely happy to know that you enjoyed our comfortable bedding. We also appreciate your feedback on our concierge facilities and great location in central London.

Furthermore, I am pleased to inform you that we provide a great variety of room types, the smaller ones ideal for a short stay and larger ones, including our spacious standard double rooms, perfect for a longer city break.

Thank you for your recommendation and we would be delighted to welcome you again.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Great location at the heart of the West End, minutes away from the Soho, Oxford, Regent, Covent etc. Tons of excellent restaurants all over, best area of London. Hotel is a bit dated, but I liked the 'old English house' feeling I got when i stepped in. I would recommend however to re-do the bathrooms. rooms are clean and comfortable and specious with lots of storage space. staff is friendly.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Alonlif

Thank you for sharing your comments with us following your recent stay at the Rathbone.

It has been wonderful to read that you liked our hotel and acknowledged our perfect location. To make our guests’ London experience even more pleasant, please rest assured that we are continuously upgrading our product. I am also grateful for your recognising the friendly service delivered by our team.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another seamless stay.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

This is an ideal hotel in a brilliant position for exploring london. Convent garden is five minutes awaya and we didn't need to use the tube at all, clean, lovely furnishings and fabulous breakfast! All the staff were wonderful and it has a lovely lobby area with a bar.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emma B

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience after your recent visit to London.

It was great reading your review and we are delighted that you enjoyed our central location, perfect for exploring the wonders of the city. Your kind comments about our staff and breakfast are much valued as we constantly try to provide the best service possible.

We are looking forward to seeing you at the Rathbone again.