“Weekend trip” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #344 of 1,086 Hotels in London
Stoke on Trent
“Weekend trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

We got this hotel as part of a package, we found the position to be first class on Oxford street, with easy access to many attractions. Reception was friendly and very helpful with staff who's local knowledge was very good. The bed room although on the small side, was clean and comfortable with the bed very good for a hotel. The only down side was the air conditioning was noisy. Breakfast was excellent for choice, quality and price but the plates were cold, which was a shame. Over all we had a good experience

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank johnwhalley
BarbaraFrigiolini, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Dear Johnwhalley,

I am delighted that you came away pleased from your stay with us in London. And thank you for taking the time to write this review. Our staff work tirelessly here to make sure every one of our guests is looked after with the very highest level of service and etiquette. I do hope that you will be returning to us very soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

I've been to this hotel twice. The location of the hotel is really great, right in the middle of Oxford Street. Since it is just across the road from the Bond Street metrostatio, and maybe 4 or 5 minutes from Oxford Circus it's easy to get to. The rooms (at least the ones I've had) are quite spacious to London-standards, and are nice and clean. The breakfast was really disappointing, since it is very little to choose between. It's not worth £24 or £12 with a dicount. I havn't tried the resturant, but it seems nice.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
BarbaraFrigiolini, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Dear tdallokken,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your thoughts of your recent stay at The Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Hotel. I am glad you found our location convenient during your visit. We are indeed in a fantastic location with all attractions in London either a short walk or underground journey away. I am sorry to hear that you found our breakfast selection to be limited. We have a full selection of cereals, pastries and fruit as well as a hot buffet with additional items made to order but I do appreciate that obviously everyone's tastes are different and I am sorry that there was not enough on offer to interest you. We do hope that on the whole you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back to stay with us very soon.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

Stayed here for a very special mother of the bride shopping trip. From the moment we walked into the hotel we were welcomed by super friendly happy staff. My daughter & I were upgraded without asking & found the room to be beautifully designed with a lovely bathroom, walk in wardrobe with all the usual facilities But liked the fact that all the cups & glasses were sealed in plastic so kept clean a good idea we thought.
Only ate breakfast but again lovely helpful staff with lots of choices of food & got asked if we required more tea & toast something that doesn't usually get offered freely.
Had drinks in the bar which was comfortable with the staff playing a big part in making you feel welcome.
All in all loved staying here & we have stayed at several London Hotels now & this one of the nicest. Great location with Bond Street Tube just across the Road to get where ever you need to go & right in the centre of the shopping. But credit to the Staff they are the ones that make it special. This Hotel is a great choice.

Room Tip: 807 is a good choice
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
2 Thank april2007
Dear April2007,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with such lovely feedback from your recent visit to London. We are ever so proud of our fantastic staff here at The Berkshire Hotel. As you have said, they are what make the difference. Always willing to go the extra mile to make our guest' experiences extra special. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and we very much hope to be welcoming you back in the near future.

I almost forgot! Most importantly, was the shopping trip successful? Did you find the Mother of the Bride outfit?

Kindest Regards,

Yorkshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

Booked through my corporate travel site which makes no mention of the redevelopment work adjoining the hotel on west sides. noise & vibrations are noticeable on that side so be aware. Moved to a east side room which was fine and in keeping with the brand.
Excellent location & services otherwise

Room Tip: Rooms on east side away from tube building works
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BarbaraFrigiolini, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear YorksTraveller_9,

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback for us here on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to hear that you were disturbed by the nearby work that is being carried out as part of the crossrail project. The site do try to keep the noise to minimum, however, on occasions this can still disturb some of our guests and I apologise for the inconvenience or stress that this may have caused.
I am pleased to hear though that you were pleased with the service and the location of our Hotel. The staff are, in all things, diligent and committed to the happiness and enjoyment of all of our guests.
Thank you for staying and we hope to welcome you back very soon.

ballycotton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

Stayed here for two nights in July 2014. Hotel is so central. Just steps from bond street tube , easy access to all London attractions .
The room was spotless,and
Staff are super helpful, we had a particularly sweet room cleaner, who did a fingertip search of the floor before hoovering after she noticed just one earring on our bedside table. And she found it.!
We were in room 601 and it was very quiet, with very little street noise.
We had both breakfast and dinner here and both were perfect.
I thought the room offered very good value, it is small as are most city centre hotels, but it had almost everything.
The only thing I dropped a point for was the fact there was no reading lights other than individual ceiling spotlights, which could be disruptive if someone was a light sleeper.
There was a lovely touch in the lobby, a large urn with lots of fruit and water with ice, a very welcome touch after a hard days shopping!

Room Tip: We were in room 601 and it was quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
      Location
2 Thank BallycottonFlora
Dear BallycottonFlora,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your thoughts of your recent stay with us at The Berkshire Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. We are very proud of our luxury boutique hotel, tucked away and hiding in plain sight on Oxford Street itself. The staff and our fantastic location are what make us stand out from all the rest! We hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

Just a step off Oxford street right at the middle of all shopping madness that Oxford street offers. Frankly for me far too noisy as rooms are quite small as the corridors. In case u need to sleep during the day forget it. However I was very highly impressed with all the staff. I would not pass the corridor that some of the staff would not smile at me. The cleaner press the button on the lift once he saw me approaching and that is what I call going extra mile. Not mentioning people at reception, breakfast room and restaurant downstairs! I really feel sorry for the noise of this charming hotel squeezed in the middle of Oxford street....however if I would be going to London for shopping and having a good time instead of working I would come back. ( of course I would not need gym on my holidays which this hotel doesn't offer)..... Although u can just go and jog in nearly High park :-). Once again very good customer service.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Annalocanova,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback of your recent stay with us at The Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff here at The Berkshire are so enthusiastic about delivering the very best customer service. They always go the extra mile to satisfy and please. I am glad that you noticed and appreciated their efforts. I really hope we get to invite you back in the future to stay with us for a holiday and not for work!

South Wales, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

This Hotel is just off Oxford Street, so close to all of the best shopping and just a short cab ride to all of the London attractions including theatres and museums. The rooms were spotless and the breakfast was plentiful. We couldn't get into a restaurant after leaving the theatre one night so came back to the hotel and had a lovely meal there, the next day just before leaving we decided to try the afternoon tea, what a good decision, you must try it!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank JBW_2244
BarbaraFrigiolini, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear JBW_2244,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback of your recent stay with us at The Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you managed to find your way into our restaurant this time! A lot of work has gone into updating our menu recently and in introducing the Scoff & Banter concept. We are very pleased with the results and are glad that you are too. Thank once again, we are looking forward to your next visit to us.