“Great hotel”

Ranked #354 of 1,068 Hotels in London
ballycotton
“Great hotel”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Stayed here for two nights in July 2014. Hotel is so central. Just steps from bond street tube , easy access to all London attractions .
The room was spotless,and
Staff are super helpful, we had a particularly sweet room cleaner, who did a fingertip search of the floor before hoovering after she noticed just one earring on our bedside table. And she found it.!
We were in room 601 and it was very quiet, with very little street noise.
We had both breakfast and dinner here and both were perfect.
I thought the room offered very good value, it is small as are most city centre hotels, but it had almost everything.
The only thing I dropped a point for was the fact there was no reading lights other than individual ceiling spotlights, which could be disruptive if someone was a light sleeper.
There was a lovely touch in the lobby, a large urn with lots of fruit and water with ice, a very welcome touch after a hard days shopping!

Room Tip: We were in room 601 and it was quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank BallycottonFlora
BarbaraFrigiolini, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear BallycottonFlora,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your thoughts of your recent stay with us at The Berkshire Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. We are very proud of our luxury boutique hotel, tucked away and hiding in plain sight on Oxford Street itself. The staff and our fantastic location are what make us stand out from all the rest! We hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Just a step off Oxford street right at the middle of all shopping madness that Oxford street offers. Frankly for me far too noisy as rooms are quite small as the corridors. In case u need to sleep during the day forget it. However I was very highly impressed with all the staff. I would not pass the corridor that some of the staff would not smile at me. The cleaner press the button on the lift once he saw me approaching and that is what I call going extra mile. Not mentioning people at reception, breakfast room and restaurant downstairs! I really feel sorry for the noise of this charming hotel squeezed in the middle of Oxford street....however if I would be going to London for shopping and having a good time instead of working I would come back. ( of course I would not need gym on my holidays which this hotel doesn't offer)..... Although u can just go and jog in nearly High park :-). Once again very good customer service.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Annalocanova,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback of your recent stay with us at The Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff here at The Berkshire are so enthusiastic about delivering the very best customer service. They always go the extra mile to satisfy and please. I am glad that you noticed and appreciated their efforts. I really hope we get to invite you back in the future to stay with us for a holiday and not for work!

South Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2014

This Hotel is just off Oxford Street, so close to all of the best shopping and just a short cab ride to all of the London attractions including theatres and museums. The rooms were spotless and the breakfast was plentiful. We couldn't get into a restaurant after leaving the theatre one night so came back to the hotel and had a lovely meal there, the next day just before leaving we decided to try the afternoon tea, what a good decision, you must try it!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank J B
BarbaraFrigiolini, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear JBW_2244,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback of your recent stay with us at The Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you managed to find your way into our restaurant this time! A lot of work has gone into updating our menu recently and in introducing the Scoff & Banter concept. We are very pleased with the results and are glad that you are too. Thank once again, we are looking forward to your next visit to us.

New York City, New York
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I love London, the pace the locals, the pubs. I travel on business at least once a month from NYC. I needed to stay downtown this trip and my travel booked me into the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Berkshire Hotel. What a wonderful experience.
First the staff greeted us, we were early so they took our bags and offered us a spot in the restaurant( that was not open yet) to work. They checked in constantly to see if we were ok. Once the rooms were ready they sought us out and handed out room keys with BIG SMILES. Before we went up to the rooms we had lunch in the restaurant it was perfect

The rooms were neat and clean, with great AC it was hot. FREE WIFI what a find...... and it worked the whole time.

Centrally located and in a great neighborhood shopping, food and pubs. It will be the place I stay any time I need to be in the area.

Thanks
Andy

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Byrneaj99
BarbaraFrigiolini, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Andy,

Thank you ever so much for this glowing review of your recent stay with us at The Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Hotel. We are absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our location is fantastic, tucked away yet actually right on Oxford Street! All our staff are dedicated to offering the very best service to each of our guests and I am pleased to hear that they took good care of you. And yes FREE WIFI is certainly a bonus for those travelling on business like yourself.

Looking forward to seeing you back at the Berkshire Hotel very soon.

Kindest Regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Room was absolutely spotless with glasses and cups in sealed bags. It was reasonable size for Central London and next to Debenhams in Oxford Street. Very convenient and comfortable.
No air conditioning as period building but windows open wide to provide plenty of ventilation. Only drawback was noisy revellers who were shouting/singing up to 4 in the morning. Not really a problem unless light sleeper.
Staff were fantastic and the service was slick and quick. The lift was security protected by your room card so no uninvited visitors.
Only complaint I had was that you have to vacate your room by 11am. Not a problem in the week but on a Sunday none of the shops open until noon so you are at a loose end fighting for a space in Starbucks until they open.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lottiemonkey
OxfordStreetSB, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Lottiemonkey,

Thanks a lot for you excellent review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location and service to be 'excellent and fantastic'. Indeed we are a passionate bunch of people who genuinely want to make sure that all our guests have a fantastic time with us, and return to our hotel every-time they are in London.

I hope to see you back soon.

Barbara Frigiolini
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

I've lost count of the amount of times I've stayed at this hotel, and I've never had a bad experience, in fact they go out of their way to be helpful.
Last visit, my television was broken, but they had workmen up replacing it immediately!
Friendly charming staff, and always incredibly helpful.
The location can't be beaten and I look forward to my next stay here.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Hongkonglil
BarbaraFrigiolini, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Hongkonglil,

Thank you so much for leaving this high praise for us here on Tripadvisor. We are delighted to receive your feedback and I will ensure I share it with all of the hotel teams. I am so glad to hear that you love to return to us time and time again. We do so love to see a familiar face here at The Berkshire Hotel. I hope you will be returning to your luxury boutique London home very soon. We will surely welcome you back!

Kind regards,

Sweden
Reviewed June 22, 2014

This hotel is centrally located right on Oxford Street, only a few minutes walk from tube station Bond Street. Arrived at 3.30pm only to be informed that my room wasn't ready but that I had been upgraded as I am a Club Carlson gold member. Was offered a complementary drink in the bar by the service-minded receptionist which was a nice gesture although I of course had preferred that my room had been ready on arrival. Had to wait over an hour which was quite annoying.

Other than that a hassle-free stay, albeit a bit overpriced for what you get.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Surfdude,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Berkshire Hotel here on Tripadvisor. I am delighted that we were able to offer you a complimentary upgrade for your reservation, recognising your Club Carlson Gold membership status. I am sorry however, that your room was not ready at 15:00, our regular check-in time. I am glad to see that one of my diligent colleagues offered you a drink though, and took care of you during your wait. Of course this was not an ideal situation, when the hotel is at near full capacity, these situations do occasionally occur, and for that I do offer my sincere apologies. I do hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Kindest Regards,