“Great position”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire
Ranked #354 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Pleasant hotel, just seconds from Oxford Street. Friendly staff, very helpful.
Rooms clean but small and rather expensive, but paying for the location.
Breakfast chaotic, smallish room and hotel very busy so no spaces left for guests to eat at peak time.
Overall would stay again in view of people and location.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank KAB1122
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2014

Dear KABEales,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Berkshire Hotel on your recent trip to London. As you mentioned, we are very lucky indeed to be in such a convenient location, a short tube ride and your in the middle of the city centre.

With regards to your comment, please be assured that I have personally shared your comments with the relevant management team in the hotel to ensure the details are followed up accordingly and dealt with immediately.

We genuinely appreciate all feedback we receive as it helps us to see which areas of our service need to be improved further and how we can make the experience for our guests all the more pleasurable.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon for a return visit. If I can be of any further assistance please don’t hesitate to let me know via the hotel phone.

General manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,010)

Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a couple of days while on business in London, my experience was very good, the staff were polite and attentive, the room wasn't huge but perfect for one, or two people, bed was so comfortable, and despite being so close to busy Oxford Street, it was surprisingly quiet and peaceful. Was so happy I'll be staying here again next week!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Johnny,

May I thank you for staying with us and for sharing such positive feedback.

I am ever so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found all our staff polite and attentive. We always want our guests leaving the hotel having had a fantastic experience, and we do our up most to achieve that goal!

Looking forward to welcome you back next week.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed June 4, 2014

I stayed for one night having flown in from Australia to watch my football team Cambridge United in the Conference Play-Off Final (thankfully we won!!).

I arrived very early on a Saturday morning (around 7am) but was able to check into my room and get a couple of hours sleep which was very welcome given the 24-hour flight I had just endured. The single room was comfortable, albeit a little on the small side - but I didn't spend much time there in any case. Furnishings very nice and the staff were all very friendly.

One slight problem was that, of the two lifts, one was unavailable the whole duration of my stay and the other was out of action for part of the Saturday, which meant a walk up the stairs to the seventh floor! One lift was back in action later that day, at least.

The location of the hotel is superb, right in the heart of Oxford St and I'm very glad I stayed here. I would definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Dear Jessica,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Berkshire Hotel - we do appreciate you sharing your comments with other Tripadvisor users.

We do always try to have the room ready for when the guest arrives, even if it is before the 3pm check in time. If it is not ready then we are more then happy to store luggage while the guest either goes to a business meeting or shopping! . I am glas to let you know that both lifts are working now following a refurbishment of the mechanics.

I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Berkshire hotel and if I can be of any assistance with regards to future reservation's please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Stayed here with my friend in May. Staff were very pleasant. Room had everything we needed. We both agreed the beds were the comfiest ever. Great bathroom - good toiletries. Very clean. Bottle of water provided in room. Our room was at the back of the hotel - so it was very quiet.
Couldn't believe how central it was for everything. Bond street underground near.
We didn't eat at hotel but must say the drinks were VERY very pricey.
If you get a chance - explore the streets at the back of the hotel - lovely unique eateries and fashion shops.
Would definitely return.
Ps - barman at night was -,the best!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Listit,

Thank you for staying with us at The Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Hotel and for taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor.

The team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your room , location and service. It really is encouraging to read such a wonderful review.
May I also thank you for highlighting what a wonderful location we enjoy here at the Radisson Blu Berkshire Hotel. It really is one of the best in London and so convenient for anything and everything!!

Once again, thank you for sharing such kind comments, I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.
Looking forward to welcome you back

General manager

Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Really happy and pleased with the berkshire. Booked through last minute.com as a secret hotel. Brilliant location right on Oxford Street next to Bond Street station (though pretty much closed due to works). No problem though as Oxford Circus is a 5min walk. Had a double and a single room. Both were reasonable size but expect huge. Both had nice bathrooms, comfy beds, hot showers. Air conditioning. View limited by store, but private. Overall though very pleasant and would stay again!

Stayed: June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to leave such a wonderful review of the Radisson Blu Berkshire Hotel!

I was very happy to read that had found the location of the hotel so convenient - there really isn't a better location in London! I do hope that when you return to the hotel you will have the opportunity to enjoy dinner in our fabulous restaurant - the menu is very seasonal, the dishes are the best of British and very reasonably priced!

If I can be of any assistance with future reservations please do not hesitate to let me know,

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Stopped at this hotel for its location to the shops and theatre...We didn't get the rooms we booked and one person had to sleep on the floor. But they did get an extra quilt and pillows so we could be comfy "ON THE FLOOR".
Breakfast service was shocking having to wait over 30 minutes for eggs and croissants and they still didn't arrive.
We were very disappointed with the whole hotel experience as it ruined our weekend away. When paying good money like we did you expect a lot more than we got.
As you can imagine we will not be staying there again and will not be recommending that anyone else does.

Room Tip: Rooms at a different hotel will be a lot better...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Paul N
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Dear Paul,

May I thank you for staying with us at the Berkshire hotel.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused during your stay. It is always disappointing to hear that a guest did not enjoy their experience. However I am alarmed to read your feedback and kindly ask you to contact me as I would appreciate more information so that I can investigate this matter immediately.

May I kindly ask you to contact me personally via email on frigiolb@radisson.com in order for me to be able to investigate the matter further and follow up with the relevant departments.

I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed here because it was close to the U.S. Embassy. However we didn't realize what a central location it is. Just a few blocks from Oxford Street where all the high end shops are. It's surrounded by shops and pubs and things to do and see. Just outside is Ben's cookies which is the perfect place to snack after a meal. Gorgeous, clean hotel. I would definitely stay there again next time I'm in London.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
BarbaraFrigiolini, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Dear Jennifer B,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Hotel. We are indeed a hidden gem on Oxford Street. Tucked away net to Debenhams we often get overlooked by the passer by. This does however create a feel of relaxation at The Berkshire. You can retreat to your room after a busy day on the high street and completely unwind, undisturbed by the busyness going on outside!
Glad you found us, and we hope to see you back with us again soon!

Jonathan Ware