“Great location with a great staff”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire
Ranked #347 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Kuwait City, Kuwait
“Great location with a great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

I stayed in this hotel over the new year vacation. The location is the best location for people who love shopping. It is just next to debenhams and overlooking the oxford street. Rooms and toilet are clean and seems to be newly furnished. we stayed in two rooms ( single and double room). the rooms are small, just like most of the hotels in London. No lobby in the hotel.

Breakfast room is small and no enough choices in the buffet( especially of you are vegetarian).

The staff are amazing. They have the best staff ever. I stayed in more than 9 hotels in london and the staff in this hotel was the most friendly, kind and helpful ever. they treat you not as a guest, but as a family member within their group. My mam got sick and I talk to the staff for a possibility of getting a doctor and they really helped me and show their care and patience ( especially a blond lady I forget her name).

If I would return back to london, I will definitely stay in this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Farah83
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Farah,
I appreciate you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you have been pleased with both the stay as well as the vibrant Oxford Street area. I couldn’t be happier to see that you have also been satisfied with our ever friendly and caring staff who indeed are willing to help with any request.

We hope to welcome you back soon again and until then, please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything I can assist you with.

Best Regards,
Barbara Frigiolini

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

I stayed here for a few nights over the Christmas/New Year period. The location of this hotel is perfect. With Bond Street Station opposite it was so easy to get around. Situated between Debenhams and Selfridges made it a great location for sales shopping too! Whilst Oxford Street is very busy (especially at this time of year) I felt comfortable walking down the street at night as there were so many people around. Also plenty of places to get some nice food close to the hotel.
The hotel itself was lovely. The staff were very friendly and helpful - although the staff in the breakfast area could have been a little more cheerful and friendly. Speaking of breakfast, it was quite busy and the choice of food was limited. For this reason I only had breakfast there once. My room, a standard double, was a perfect size although the bed was uncomfortable as it felt like it had been slept in many times before by the shape of the mattress. I had to sleep in the middle of the bed as it was the only part that didn't slope. I had no difficulties using WiFi although I did have problems using the internet in the Business Centre as the websites I wanted to use would not display on any of the three computers available there. The bathroom was lovely although water did go all over the floor from the shower as the screen did not seal to the bath properly.

The outside noise was not an issue for me. The only noise that was annoying was that the door must have been quite thin. Every time the people came in and out of the room next door I heard them (and their door closing) and around 7am each morning I could hear what I assume to be hotel staff because of its consistency coming in and out of another room close by. There was work occurring outside the window to develop Bond Street Station and it did begin early in the morning but it wasn't really an issue as the noise was minimal.

It would have been nice to have had a newspaper delivered to the room in the mornings as other hotels I have been to have done in the past. I did see some in the reception area at one point but was not told whether they were for guests - I felt that if this was the case I should have been told when checking in.

I would certainly consider this hotel next time I visit London. The only thing that might stop me from staying here again is the price - it is a great hotel but I guess you pay for the location!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at The Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Hotel and for taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor.

The team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your room , location and service. It really is encouraging to read such a wonderful review.

May I also thank you for highlighting what a wonderful location we enjoy here at the Radisson Blu Berkshire Hotel. It really is one of the best in London and so convenient for anything and everything!!

Once again, thank you for sharing such kind comments, I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

If I can be of any help or assist with any future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel reception.

Warmest Regards,
Piacenza
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Returned yesterday. Booked for a single and breakfast included. Very helpful an kind people at the reception. Very good single room with all the amenities you can think of. I think the breakfast bar can be organized differently. The blond girl rushing to clean and serve was the only one with a smile. The manager and other personnel were disorganized and slow... probably not very happy with their job. A big shame ... the same place used in the evening as a restaurant was completely different in the attitude and very good quality food! Will probably still return to this hotel for the wonderful position, rooms and reception service!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear Manuela,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Berkshire Hotel on your recent trip to London. As you mentioned, we are very lucky indeed to be in such a convenient location, a short tube ride and your in the middle of the city centre.

With regards to your comment, I would like to assure that action has been taken to avoid the issue re-occurring in the future. We have re-organised with all the members of the F&B Team further training and we are monitoring on a daily basis. I would like to thank you again for bringing your concern to our attention and to give us the opportunity to improve our customer experience.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon for a return visit. If I can be of any further assistance please don’t hesitate to let me know via the hotel phone.

Kind Regards,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

The room was lovely, and the staff were very friendly. It may sound silly, but as a traveler from overseas, wi-fi is quite important as I use my evenings to catch up with loved ones from home. From my room, you couldn't connect to the wi-fi - I had to stand in the hall way to connect, and then walk back into my room. Once back in my room the signal was really weak; facetime / skype was not possible.

If wi-fi isn't a priority, then this hotel was outstanding. But as I was overseas for a long time, being able to connect with my loved ones was important, so I've given a rating of 4.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Vanita,

With regards to your comment, please be assured that I have personally shared your comments with the relevant management team in the hotel to ensure the details are followed up accordingly and dealt with immediately.

We genuinely appreciate all feedback we receive as it helps us to see which areas of our service need to be improved further and how we can make the experience for our guests all the more pleasurable.

Kind Regards
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

This hotel offers an outstandingly convenient location, while the hotel itself is comfortable, albeit small - I guess that's what you get being in the centre of Oxford St. I had a two night stay at the Raddison Blu while on business. Being directly across the street from the Bond St tube station meant I could get to my meeting destinations quickly and easily, while in my downtime, I was near to great shopping and cafes.

Rooms are well appointed and the bathrooms modern. Wi-Fi is not easily accessed in the room which was a little annoying as I had emails to pick up for work purposes and this wasn't easy. Rooms are not overly large, but I guess that's the trade-off you make for a very central London location.

Staff were helpful and friendly. I would definitely consider this hotel again for the location. It was superbly convenient.

Room Tip: Request one of their larger rooms if possible, or book the executive size room. Not a great deal mo...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sharon,

Warmest Regards,
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

Stayed in December for a week.

LOCATION: Location of this property is excellent. Plenty of shopping and food options. It's a very short walk to the Bond Street station which connects to the Central and Jubilee line. Oxford Circus, Regent Street are also within walking distance. Surroundings of the hotel feels safe, even late at night.

ROOM: Room is unexpectedly small. Everything is clean and in working order. Brightly lit (I'm personally not a fan of dim hotel rooms). Pleasantly surprised at the counter space in the toilet. The bar fridge has those automated sensors that detect if you've removed items; but you can get the staff to clear it out.

TIP: If you're taking a cab or Uber, tell the driver to enter from Marylebone Lane.

Overall, I find this hotel expensive but you're paying for the excellent location.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank slfzzz
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate that you took the time to review The Berkshire on Tripadvisor.
Our room sizes varies from 15 to 60 square meter, depending on the room type and therefore I would advise you to perhaps book a deluxe room which are always more spacious than the standard category.
If you do decide to return, which I do very much hope, please contact me via front office so I can personally oversee your reservation and allocate a room of your preference.

Kind Regards
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

Formerly a run down old hotel, renovated, but not up to modern Radisson standard nor well maintained.
Small rooms, in room WiFi very weak, shower flooding bathroom, calling elevators required using up for down, and with a final lopsided grin - a welcome tray with a note 'courtesy of the hotel' presented the glasses - without the bottle.
Front desk staff was very helpful and friendly.
Good breakfast buffet. Dining room staff was too efficient - I went for another cup of coffee, to find my table cleared :)

Room Tip: If important for you - check WiFi reception before unpacking.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Radisson Blu Edwardian berkshire Hotel and sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

It is very disappointing to read that you did not find the Hotel up to your expectation. However, we do appreciate all feedback – positive and negative – as this is the tool we use to measure ourselves, not only a hotel but as an organisation. Rest assured this will be discussed with the Management Team.

I do hope you would consider staying at the Berkshire hotel again, as I am confident we can exceed expectation. I kindly ask that you contact me prior to arrival so that I can oversee every aspect of your reservation.

Kind regards,