“Great location, that's it”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire
Ranked #354 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Formerly a run down old hotel, renovated, but not up to modern Radisson standard nor well maintained.
Small rooms, in room WiFi very weak, shower flooding bathroom, calling elevators required using up for down, and with a final lopsided grin - a welcome tray with a note 'courtesy of the hotel' presented the glasses - without the bottle.
Front desk staff was very helpful and friendly.
Good breakfast buffet. Dining room staff was too efficient - I went for another cup of coffee, to find my table cleared :)

Room Tip: If important for you - check WiFi reception before unpacking.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Radisson Blu Edwardian berkshire Hotel and sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

It is very disappointing to read that you did not find the Hotel up to your expectation. However, we do appreciate all feedback – positive and negative – as this is the tool we use to measure ourselves, not only a hotel but as an organisation. Rest assured this will be discussed with the Management Team.

I do hope you would consider staying at the Berkshire hotel again, as I am confident we can exceed expectation. I kindly ask that you contact me prior to arrival so that I can oversee every aspect of your reservation.

Kind regards,
Barbara Frigiolini

Write a ReviewReviews (2,012)

Reviewed December 23, 2013

We have stayed at several Radissons in London, usually Leicester Square or the Seven dials, Monmouth Street. This time although we were seeing Jude Law as Henry V, we were Christmas shopping and chose to stay near the main shopping area. Superb choice. They were so helpful and friendly and nothing was too much trouble. They made the day better after a truly awful start with Virgin trains. (My daughter has a rail card which I used to book her 1st class train ticket. Unfortunately she had her purse stolen the week before we travelled and it didn't occur to us that the railcard was in the purse. The guard at the station wouldn't let her board the train even when she opened her railcard account on her iPad for him to check. He demanded a penalty fee of £200. So needless to say we all missed our train.) I had two children with partners that had tagged along so we had booked 3 rooms and therefore went for basic rooms considering London prices and only needing them for 1 night. The hotel had upgraded our rooms when we arrived, which was a lovely surprise. The staff were very courteous at all times even allowing my husband and I to wait around in the lounge area in the afternoon, before departing to the station to catch the train. Thank you Radisson for another great stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Jean,

Thank you so much for such positive feedback, our staff are indeed always keen to provide the best possible service for all of our guests.

I am sorry to hear of the difficulty you experienced during your journey to us, but delighted that we picked up your spirits on your arrival. We at The Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire are very proud of our excellent location but are even more proud of our wonderful staff, they always give their all in assisting our guests and ensuring they have an enjoyable and memorable experience of London.

Thank you once again and we hope to see you again in the future on your next visit to London.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Front desk/reception service is very warm and welcoming. However, not the same case for the restaurant - not the friendliest lot. Room is ok, can't be spacious as it was a single room but not a box sized room either. Bed and pillows were comfortable enough for a good night sleep. Very good, central location. Clean and breakfast selection was good.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing The Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Hotel.

Your positive comments about our excellent Front Office will be shared with the team and I am sure they will appreciate your kind words. I am sorry to hear that you found the service in the Restaurant less than what you were expecting. Further training has been planned for all front of house staff beginning in the New Year and we hope that this will improve greatly the experience of all of our valued guests.

Thank you once again for choosing The Berkshire Hotel and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed December 16, 2013

This hotel is in a great location, in between debhenams and self ridges on Oxford Street.

It's a pretty basic hotel, but a good standard and good for business travel.

I got a good rate through lastminute top secret hotels, but I would find the rack rate a little too pricey.

Bit of shock in the morning as well having to pay £19 for a lack lustre breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at the Berkshire Hotel.

As you also mentioned, the Berkshire is located in the middle of Oxford Street with all the main department stores (House of Fraser, Debenhams, John Lewis and Selfridges to name a few)being located less than 5 minutes walk.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Berkshire Hotel in the near future.

Merry Christmas and Happy new Year from the Berkshire Team

Kindest regards,

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Amazing location close to Bond Street tube and between Debenhams and Selfridges. Just set back off Oxford Street and rooms very quiet and peaceful. Its like walking into a little oasis from the craziness of London!

We were so impressed with the hotel we stayed there three times in four weeks. The staff are so helpful - Juan and Akin in particular. They phone when you are in your room to check all is okay. On the first occasion we did have a small problem and Juan dealt with it in about 3 minutes. Very kind and very efficient.

It is worth booking a King as the other beds are very small for two people. Breakfast is good and worth having at the hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at The Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Hotel, and for taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor.

I am ever so glad that we were able to make it right for you whilst staying in house with us. We take our guest concerns and feedback very seriously and we do all we can to resolve them as soon as possible.

I do agree with you, we have fantastic people working with us here at the Berkshire Hotel, and I will make sure to share your comments with Juan and Akin and the rest of the team.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Berkshire Hotel on your next visit to London. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

In the mean time we wish you a wonderful Christmas and a prosperous New Year!

Warm Regards

Reviewed December 14, 2013

The room was one of the smallest hotel rooms I’ve ever stayed in. At £150 for a nights stay it felt very overpriced and certainly not what I expected.

I hardly slept. Between the constant noise outside my window (Shops shuttering up, noisy revellers) to a recent shop/pub emptying out the bottles at 1pm isn to the paper thin walls to the room next door I was awake almost ever hour between 10-3. It wasn’t until about 4pm I finally got to sleep and woke up at 8am, late, and had to rush breakfast (which was actually very good). The glass msut be paper thin as I could hear almost everything from the street.

I also didn’t appreciate the late reception call (9:45 !) to check if I was okay which resulted in a deciphering of technology of how to get messages, stoping TV bleeping and phones flashing. Not conducive to resting.

All in all a disappointment.

(Staff were excellent however as the breakfast one of the best)

Room Tip: Don't get one Oxford Street side!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear Phil,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us, although naturally I am disappointed that you feel your stay was not as it should have been.

I have already discussed you complaint with the Maintenance Manager for him to take action and would like to apologise for the inconvenience this may have caused.

With regards to the room size, indeed some of our single rooms are quite small and I would perhaps suggest that you to book the next room category for your next stay with us.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused, and I hope that you will visit us again in the near future.

Wish you a wonderful Christmas and a prosperous New Year!

Kind Reagrds

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Everything pretty much excellent at this hotel. Great location in at Oxford street between Marble Arch and Oxford Circus. Within walking distance of Leicester Square and most of the shopping (Oxford Street, Carnaby Street and Regent street).

Very friendly staff, very helpful. I arrived ahead of checking time. The room was not ready, but staff called me on the phone once it was. Got a free room upgrade.

The room was pretty good, very clean and modern. TV a bit old and generally on the smaller side (the room), but that's okay for a central hotel.

Room Tip: The street may be noisy at time, just ask for a room not facing Debenhams
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Dear Thomas,

Thank you very much for taking the time out to leave a feedback about your stay with us.

The team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your room , location and service. It really is encouraging to read such a wonderful review.

May I also thank you for highlighting what a wonderful location we enjoy here at the Radisson Blu Berkshire Hotel. It really is one of the best in London and so convenient for anything and everything!!

I am pleased to let you know that we are in process to change all our television to flat screen. The project will finish by next March

Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and a prosperous New Year and looking forward to welcome you back soon!

Kind Regards,