“Great hotel all around.”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire
Ranked #353 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Plympton, United Kingdom
“Great hotel all around.”
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Lovely hotel, fantastic location and the bar next to it is great, along with its name "scoff and banter". My hotel room was in the process of being cleaned on my arrival so they gave me a complimentary drink in this bar. Great customer service. Staff always politely greet you on arrival and departure.

My room itself was lovely. Came with toiletries, towels and extras. Complimentary bottled water. Good presentation of the room and my room view looked out onto Bond Street Station. I was also called to check whether the room was okay and extra services are available and shown clearly. Room had a good air con system, great shower, TV, cushions, nice bedding, coat hangers provided and a bonus is the iDock radio!

Quiet hotel and would stay again. The only odd thing was that someone opened my hotel door at 7am and shouted "Helloo" and when I replied, they said "oh sorry, I was told no one was in this room". Perhaps it was the maid? Never the less, it was strange haha!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank EFEE1
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Warm wishes from the Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Team and thank you kindly for your feedback, for which we are most grateful.

I am really pleased to have just read your review and delighted you chose to stay with us. The team here really does appreciate your nice comments and delighted to see that we live up to our motto, to make people feel special with a genuine "Yes I Can" attitude. I'm extremely proud that we have ticked all the boxes.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Berkshire Hotel in the near future. Please feel free to contact me via the Hotel and I will always be delighted to assist you with your reservations requirements.

Kindest Regards
Barbara Frigiolini

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed July 12, 2013

For the second time I ordered afternoon tea in this hotel. Reservation through the website afternoontea.co.uk, which is a site with nice offers. Well, I suppose I don't believe that after my experience. Arriving at the Berkeley, I was pointed out in a rather impolite manner that I just had a reservation. As if I didn't know that. Anyway, they still had to prepare our table, so I suppose that even the reservation wasn't noted... Before I forget: the price mentioned on the website-offer: no, we don't do that, this is our price (which was 5 pounds pp more than mentioned). Comes the afternoon tea, which was good, i'm not sure if it's wurth 25 pounds pp, but is tasted... Kind of strange that they put one little glass of jelly with fruits -for 3 persons :-(- but we're kind poepje, so we shared. When I wantend to pay I couldn't use my creditcard, believe it or not... So paying b cash and off on the streets to find and ATM. Don't think i'll go badk there...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank KarinC15
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for writing a review in regards to your recent experience with us . We were disappointed to learn that you did not enjoy your afternoon tea as much as you should have.

May I kindly ask you to contact me personally via email in order for me to be able to investigate the matter further and follow up with the relevant departments.

I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards
frigiolb@radisson.com
Middle East
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. Location is excellent.. Right on Oxford street but a little tucked away from all the noise. Many restaurants close by, and concierge provided excellent service: booked us last minute tickets to mama Mia; recommended a fabulous Italian restaurant around the corner called Olivetti; helped us get to Legoland in Windsor. Great buffet breakfast, clean but small rooms, and free wi fi in the rooms. I would stay there again!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank buddahMiddleEast
Dear Guest,

Wow! Your review speaks for itself...what fantastic comments. I am delighted you are already considering returning to the hotel.

Your comments about the staff will certainly be passed. I am so pleased that you felt the concierge was very helpful and I am certain they will be more than happy with this feedback as well.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future. I would be happy to assist with any queries by contacting me directly through the hotel.

Kind Regards,
Martock, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Tucked away from the busy high street this hotel is also well situated for Oxford Street shopping. The hotel offers wonderful service, pleasant helpful staff, plus the usual good quality seen with Radissons hotels. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff, they also made us feel at home and relaxed when nothing was required with none of the staff 'hovering' over you like some hotels.

Room Tip: We had a twin room on the 5th floor, high enough to be away from any street noise, room 518 had good...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for posting such a glowing review in regards to your stays with us. It is an absolute pleasure to read your feedback and we are very much looking forward to continuing to be your home away from home and hope we can welcome you back very soon.

Until then, please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything I can assist you with.

With kind regards,
São Paulo, Brasil
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I had to book on short notice, and accordingly paid over 400 pounds for my room (yes, this is not a typo). Accordingly, I had the expectation that everything should be pretty perfect. Unfortunately, this was not the case.

Next to the hotel is a construction site were heavy work went on until 11PM. Afterwards it go somewhat calmer, but the windows did not really isolate well from the noise on the streets. So also after the end of the construction works, don't go there if you are sensitive to noise. The room size was adequate. The furniture was ok, not super modern, but clean and homely. However, there was no desk, so I had to work at a coffee table. This is a first time ever in this price class. The service was so/so. The receptionist was very friendly, but it took them 15min to bring up a power adapter. On the good side, the bed was really good. The bathroom was functional. What I liked, even if I did not use it, was that they had iron, sewing kit etc. in a small closet.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank DanSampa
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hotel and sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

It is very disappointing to read that you did not find the Hotel up to your expectation. However, we do appreciate all feedback – positive and negative – as this is the tool we use to measure ourselves, not only a hotel but as an organisation. Rest assured this will be discussed with the Management Team.

I do hope you would consider staying at the Berkshire hotel again, as I am confident we can exceed expectation. I kindly ask that you contact me prior to arrival so that I can oversee every aspect of your reservation.

Kind regards,
London
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed in London to celebrate my wifes birthday, this hotel is very centrally located for west end/mayfair and is in fact right on Oxford Street opposite Bond Street tube station. We had a really nice room overlooking Oxford Street. The reception staff are all extremely kind and helpful. Room was very nice, compact, luxurious. Had no noise issues as room was tripple glazed although on the weekends maybe they nearby construction sites are quieter. Room had all ameneties, lifts are small but work perfectly. Hotel is cy secure as you need to insert your room key into the lift before you can use it. I would use this hotel again for a London trip for sure although not at their full price. I booked with lastminute and got a good deal here. To sum up, very nice and well located hotle where the staff will look after you.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a nice view at the front.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank davebryant
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at The Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Hotel and for taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor.

The team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your room , location and service. It really is encouraging to read such a wonderful review, and keeps us motivated to deliver the absolute best service we can provide so that every guest enjoys every second of their stay!!

May I also thank you for highlighting what a wonderful location we enjoy here at the Radisson Blu Berkshire Hotel. It really is one of the best in London and so convenient for anything and everything!!

Once again, thank you for sharing such kind comments, I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Warmest Regards,
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I spent one night here in a single room. I can honestly say it is the smallest hotel room I have ever seen.
It was also very expensive at 240 pound for the night.
The shower was good but the bathroom was quite smelly. There was also a whirring sound from the air conditioning unit all night.
Breakfast was ok with a decent selection. The waitress was very friendly.
Biggest, only?, positive was the location which is excellent for Oxford street
I would suggest there are numerous better quality and priced hotels in London. I certainly will not be back

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Stevie V
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us, although naturally I am disappointed that you feel your stay was not as it should have been.

Our room sizes varies from 15 to 60 square meter, depending on the room type and therefore I would advise you to perhaps book a deluxe room which are always more spacious than the standard category.

Please be assured that we do take all comments seriously and we try to rectify them as soon as possible.

Once again, I do apologise for the inconvenience caused and hope to welcome you back to the Berkshire hotel in the near future.

Kindest regards,