“Cramped”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire
Ranked #360 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The breakfast room and food were excellent. Location was very good. However, the lobby is tiny, the elevator is small and my single bedroom was very small - not a place to spend any time if the weather is inclement; however, it was clean. I thought the single room was over priced at 297 sterling for a Thursday night and 153 sterling for Friday was reasonable for the size.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

Firstly may I thank you for staying at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Hotel and for sharing your experience with us on Trip advisor, it is very much appreciated!

Thank you for your comments regarding the location and the team at the hotel – we are very lucky to have a wonderful group of employees who are passionate about delivering the best service that they possibly can.

In regards to the size of the rooms, because of the historic nature of the building room sizes can vary greatly, however should you wish to stay with us again, we will be more than happy to organise larger room for you

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon for a return visit. If I can be of any further assistance please don’t hesitate to let me know via the hotel phone.

Barbara Frigiolini

Write a ReviewReviews (2,060)

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

We booked a room for 3 day with family and truly it was outstanding .. Starting from the reception where we were greeted by Barbara the General Manager which was a supprise because other hotel General Maganer doesn't interact with the guest but she felt us like some special guest . We were escorted to the room with the luggage . The reception helped us in finding near by places ..
In the bar we were served by Sandeep I thing the manager was excellent in service . We were tired from shopping and he made us feel relax by making us a really nice cocktail .. Food was excellent ... I would say this hotel is a perfect mixture of excellent service and location . Value for money ..

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Sherry767

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at The Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Hotel and for taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor.

The team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your room , location and service. It really is encouraging to read such a wonderful review, and keeps us motivated to deliver the absolute best service we can provide so that every guest enjoys every second of their stay!!

May I also thank you for highlighting what a wonderful location we enjoy here at the Radisson Blu Berkshire Hotel. It really is one of the best in London and so convenient for anything and everything!!

Once again, thank you for sharing such kind comments, I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

If I can be of any help or assist with any future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel reception.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Great experience in the Radisson, food and staff were great, close to all the attractions in London and would highly recommend my experience to all travelers and to anyone attending for business. Thanks to head chef Rene preparing such a wonderful dinner and breakfast was also tasty!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen R
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

May I thank you for staying with us and for sharing such positive feedback.

I am ever so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found all our staff great. We always want our guests leaving the hotel having had a fantastic experience, and we do our up most to achieve that goal!

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon for a return visit. If I can be of any further assistance please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband booked us into this hotel as it is right off Oxford Street and convenient. He was told that a subway was being built next door. We asked to be far away from the noise and dust. Whilst the hotel rooms are fine inside the noise was not! The contractors worked on the subway during the day which was fine as you are out. Our room being on the shopping centre Debenhams side where they are also renovating the building. The contractors were working at night putting up scafffolding and the Jackhammer went all night from about 1am till about 5 am in the early hours of the morning. I did not sleep a wink. The following morning I asked to be moved, which they did. This noise carried on the whole week I was there, but I feel when guests book a room they should be told about the night work. I also feel that those rooms should not be booked out at all.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Adele F

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your feedback. Naturally I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay with us and can assure you the issues that you experienced are being taken very seriously and have been discussed with the rest of the senior management team.

With regards to the noise made externally by the works currently being carried out on Oxford Street we are sorry that it disturbed you. We are in constant contact with the council to try and manage the situation however we do understand that it is an annoyance to our guests, however it is a situation which is currently out of our control. I am pleased to see that we were able to move your room to a different one.

I hope that you might be willing to give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves. Should you choose to stay with us again, please drop me a line so that I can make sure you receive the level of service you deserve.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

If you are expecting high ceilings and spacious interiors then you won't want to spend your time here. The lobby is so tight quartered that even a small queue at reception is uncomfortable. After a somewhat lengthy check-in the next step is to get to your room. That is when you encounter the elevators. Tiny is too big a word for them. More than two persons is a crowd. When you do get to your room you will not find it much bigger, at least in my experience. My room was also L-shaped, which was awkward. Several times I bumped into the wall mounted television because of the limited space. The bathroom, on the other hand, was large in comparison to most hotels I've stayed in. It was also clean and modern. The Ascot restaurant is the main food establishment within the hotel. I ate breakfast there and found it to be appealing, and the food fresh and wholesome. On the ground floor is the bar where you can also order something to eat.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms on the street side. They're renovating the property opposite and the work is don...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Timothy F

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at the Berkshire Hotel.

I am sorry that we did meet your expectations with the room you were allocated on this occasion. We have a variety of different rooms varying in size, style and layout, and I feel confident that should you be returning to the hotel we would be able to accommodate you in a room more to your liking.

I sincerely hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back and I would be grateful if you would contact me via the hotel prior to your next visit so I may personally oversee the details of your reservation and ensure that you receive one of our best rooms!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I have already answered this survey but forgot to mention the great support and extremely assistance received from Mr. Aimee Manester who understood a tough experience lived in London when my wife was robbed at the Harrolds Department Store. Mr. Aimee Manester was human and extremely helpful guiding me on how to proceed.
The Hotel is great, well located and clean. I will certainly return.

Room Tip: "Rooms on the south side are quieter"
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Mauricio F
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Berkshire Hotel. I am delighted that your stay with us exceeded your expectations. I will certainly pass your comments onto all departments concerned to thank them for their hard work.

We pride ourselves on the superior service that we offer and I am always pleased to read kind comments such as yours regarding our staff and in particular from Aimee.

I am so pleased at the recommendation you have given us and I do look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area. I would be delighted to hear from you.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Second stay at this hotel and selected because of the location. Straight off the Tube from Heathrow to Bond Street station and there it was, diagonally opposite the station. Stayed 5 nights in a double room (205) and yes they are a bit small but very clean and with tea-making facilities. Our cupboard doors were a nightmare and although we reported the fact that they closed of their own accord, because they were badly hung in the first place, nothing was able to be done to fix the problem. The reception staff are excellent. We had room only,which at breakfast prices, we were pleased to have done.
Late check-out (3pm) wasn't a problem. They seem to be geared to travellers. Expensive but worth it if you want convenience to shopping, sightseeing and the wonderful St Christopher's Place for all sorts of lovely food including a healthy breakfast at Pret-A-Manger.. Our air conditioning worked very well. We were facing the side of Debenhams and they are renovating, but made very little noise. Free wifi was a goodness. The downstairs bar is obliging when waiting for friends or a cab.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Glennis W
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor, it is much appreciated.
I am ever so glad to read that you are a loyal advocate of The Berkshire hotel and that you enjoy every stay with us! We always aim to provide a friendly and efficient service. I really appreciate your staff recognition, please be assured that I have passed on your kind comments to the rest of the team.
If there is anything I can be of help with or to assist with any future reservations please don’t hesitate to let me know directly via the hotel reception.

Warmest Regards,