“Noise”

Ranked #348 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Noise”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband booked us into this hotel as it is right off Oxford Street and convenient. He was told that a subway was being built next door. We asked to be far away from the noise and dust. Whilst the hotel rooms are fine inside the noise was not! The contractors worked on the subway during the day which was fine as you are out. Our room being on the shopping centre Debenhams side where they are also renovating the building. The contractors were working at night putting up scafffolding and the Jackhammer went all night from about 1am till about 5 am in the early hours of the morning. I did not sleep a wink. The following morning I asked to be moved, which they did. This noise carried on the whole week I was there, but I feel when guests book a room they should be told about the night work. I also feel that those rooms should not be booked out at all.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Adele F
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your feedback. Naturally I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay with us and can assure you the issues that you experienced are being taken very seriously and have been discussed with the rest of the senior management team.

With regards to the noise made externally by the works currently being carried out on Oxford Street we are sorry that it disturbed you. We are in constant contact with the council to try and manage the situation however we do understand that it is an annoyance to our guests, however it is a situation which is currently out of our control. I am pleased to see that we were able to move your room to a different one.

I hope that you might be willing to give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves. Should you choose to stay with us again, please drop me a line so that I can make sure you receive the level of service you deserve.

Barbara Frigiolini

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Pompano Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

If you are expecting high ceilings and spacious interiors then you won't want to spend your time here. The lobby is so tight quartered that even a small queue at reception is uncomfortable. After a somewhat lengthy check-in the next step is to get to your room. That is when you encounter the elevators. Tiny is too big a word for them. More than two persons is a crowd. When you do get to your room you will not find it much bigger, at least in my experience. My room was also L-shaped, which was awkward. Several times I bumped into the wall mounted television because of the limited space. The bathroom, on the other hand, was large in comparison to most hotels I've stayed in. It was also clean and modern. The Ascot restaurant is the main food establishment within the hotel. I ate breakfast there and found it to be appealing, and the food fresh and wholesome. On the ground floor is the bar where you can also order something to eat.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms on the street side. They're renovating the property opposite and the work is don...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Timothy F
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at the Berkshire Hotel.

I am sorry that we did meet your expectations with the room you were allocated on this occasion. We have a variety of different rooms varying in size, style and layout, and I feel confident that should you be returning to the hotel we would be able to accommodate you in a room more to your liking.

I sincerely hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back and I would be grateful if you would contact me via the hotel prior to your next visit so I may personally oversee the details of your reservation and ensure that you receive one of our best rooms!

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

I have already answered this survey but forgot to mention the great support and extremely assistance received from Mr. Aimee Manester who understood a tough experience lived in London when my wife was robbed at the Harrolds Department Store. Mr. Aimee Manester was human and extremely helpful guiding me on how to proceed.
The Hotel is great, well located and clean. I will certainly return.

Room Tip: "Rooms on the south side are quieter"
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Mauricio F
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Berkshire Hotel. I am delighted that your stay with us exceeded your expectations. I will certainly pass your comments onto all departments concerned to thank them for their hard work.

We pride ourselves on the superior service that we offer and I am always pleased to read kind comments such as yours regarding our staff and in particular from Aimee.

I am so pleased at the recommendation you have given us and I do look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area. I would be delighted to hear from you.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

Second stay at this hotel and selected because of the location. Straight off the Tube from Heathrow to Bond Street station and there it was, diagonally opposite the station. Stayed 5 nights in a double room (205) and yes they are a bit small but very clean and with tea-making facilities. Our cupboard doors were a nightmare and although we reported the fact that they closed of their own accord, because they were badly hung in the first place, nothing was able to be done to fix the problem. The reception staff are excellent. We had room only,which at breakfast prices, we were pleased to have done.
Late check-out (3pm) wasn't a problem. They seem to be geared to travellers. Expensive but worth it if you want convenience to shopping, sightseeing and the wonderful St Christopher's Place for all sorts of lovely food including a healthy breakfast at Pret-A-Manger.. Our air conditioning worked very well. We were facing the side of Debenhams and they are renovating, but made very little noise. Free wifi was a goodness. The downstairs bar is obliging when waiting for friends or a cab.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Glennis W
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor, it is much appreciated.
I am ever so glad to read that you are a loyal advocate of The Berkshire hotel and that you enjoy every stay with us! We always aim to provide a friendly and efficient service. I really appreciate your staff recognition, please be assured that I have passed on your kind comments to the rest of the team.
If there is anything I can be of help with or to assist with any future reservations please don’t hesitate to let me know directly via the hotel reception.

Warmest Regards,
London UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stayed for one night at the Radisson when going to the London Palladium. Excellent location for this theatre, the west end shops, and Hyde Park is 5 minutes away. It is also down a side street off Oxford Street so is not that noisy at all. There is some building work going on at Debenhams just opposite but it didn't ruin our stay.
We had booked a standard double room and when we arrived got upgraded to a deluxe room. The room itself was very clean, and a good size, it contains everything you need. The next morning we had an excellent breakfast (the full English) included in the rate (booking.com) and the hotel looked after our suitcases whilst we took a stroll to Hyde Park in the lovely weather. All the staff in the hotel were very friendly and helpful. I can't think of anything negative to say about this hotel at all.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gotobedspotty
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your patronage, it is hugely gratifying to read when staff efforts are acknowledged by our guests, I shall ensure your comments are shared with the entire team.

We appreciate your time you have taken on post this review which will indeed help other travellers to make an informed choice on their accommodation when in London. I am glad that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and you found our Super Breakfast very tasty.

If I can be of any assistance with future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel.

Kind Regards
Beijing, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

my wife and I like the hotel very much. very good location. anything is in the walking distance. safring department is only 3 minutes walk. We stay in the deluxe room. the size is ok compare other european country.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank frankkongwd
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate that you took the time to review The Berkshire on Tripadvisor.

May I also thank you for highlighting what a wonderful location we enjoy here at the Radisson Blu Berkshire Hotel. It really is one of the best in London and so convenient for anything and everything!!

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Berkshire Hotel in the near future. If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me personally via the hotel reception.

Kind Regards
Coventry
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stayed here last month and wanted to share some feedback with the world about this Hotel.

I came down from my Home town of Coventry for my birthday with my partner as I had never been into the depths of London before.

When I first saw the Hotel I couldn't believe what an amazing location it had, smack bang on the famous Oxford street. I then walked into a very tranquil and warm feeling reception, (not massive but I prefer hotels that way) The staff were very friendly and helpful, the concierge was also great as I had little to no knowledge of London. So their advise was very helpful.

Our room was great, very clean and comfy, we felt that a lot had gone into the room in terms of design because it felt thought out as apposed to thrown together. Very clean and spacious.

We didn't eat dinner in the restaurant but the breakfast was fantastic, so from that i can only assume that the dinner would also be to a very high standard. (Good enough for us simple folk)

In the evening after a few delicious cocktails in the bar by a very welcoming and skilled member of bar staff, we retreated to our room and slept like babies.

Overall I am more that happy with my stay here and will recommended it to many of my friends and family, and if I return down to London again I know where I will be staying.

Room Tip: Personal opinion really, I like I being higher up for a better view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Laura B
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely feedback on the Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Hotel following your recent stay and I am delighted to hear that you liked the location, found the service excellent and enjoyed our beautifully decorated rooms. We take great pride in our little gem and I am thrilled to hear that you will be staying with us again when you visit London. Our dedicated and friendly team will be waiting to look after you.

I have passed you kind words to all the team and who very much appreciate it.

Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can be of assistance.

Warm regards,