“Somewhat cramped”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire
Ranked #349 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed June 13, 2013

If you are expecting high ceilings and spacious interiors then you won't want to spend your time here. The lobby is so tight quartered that even a small queue at reception is uncomfortable. After a somewhat lengthy check-in the next step is to get to your room. That is when you encounter the elevators. Tiny is too big a word for them. More than two persons is a crowd. When you do get to your room you will not find it much bigger, at least in my experience. My room was also L-shaped, which was awkward. Several times I bumped into the wall mounted television because of the limited space. The bathroom, on the other hand, was large in comparison to most hotels I've stayed in. It was also clean and modern. The Ascot restaurant is the main food establishment within the hotel. I ate breakfast there and found it to be appealing, and the food fresh and wholesome. On the ground floor is the bar where you can also order something to eat.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms on the street side. They're renovating the property opposite and the work is don...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Timothy F
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at the Berkshire Hotel.

I am sorry that we did meet your expectations with the room you were allocated on this occasion. We have a variety of different rooms varying in size, style and layout, and I feel confident that should you be returning to the hotel we would be able to accommodate you in a room more to your liking.

I sincerely hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back and I would be grateful if you would contact me via the hotel prior to your next visit so I may personally oversee the details of your reservation and ensure that you receive one of our best rooms!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I have already answered this survey but forgot to mention the great support and extremely assistance received from Mr. Aimee Manester who understood a tough experience lived in London when my wife was robbed at the Harrolds Department Store. Mr. Aimee Manester was human and extremely helpful guiding me on how to proceed.
The Hotel is great, well located and clean. I will certainly return.

Room Tip: "Rooms on the south side are quieter"
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Mauricio F
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Berkshire Hotel. I am delighted that your stay with us exceeded your expectations. I will certainly pass your comments onto all departments concerned to thank them for their hard work.

We pride ourselves on the superior service that we offer and I am always pleased to read kind comments such as yours regarding our staff and in particular from Aimee.

I am so pleased at the recommendation you have given us and I do look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area. I would be delighted to hear from you.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Second stay at this hotel and selected because of the location. Straight off the Tube from Heathrow to Bond Street station and there it was, diagonally opposite the station. Stayed 5 nights in a double room (205) and yes they are a bit small but very clean and with tea-making facilities. Our cupboard doors were a nightmare and although we reported the fact that they closed of their own accord, because they were badly hung in the first place, nothing was able to be done to fix the problem. The reception staff are excellent. We had room only,which at breakfast prices, we were pleased to have done.
Late check-out (3pm) wasn't a problem. They seem to be geared to travellers. Expensive but worth it if you want convenience to shopping, sightseeing and the wonderful St Christopher's Place for all sorts of lovely food including a healthy breakfast at Pret-A-Manger.. Our air conditioning worked very well. We were facing the side of Debenhams and they are renovating, but made very little noise. Free wifi was a goodness. The downstairs bar is obliging when waiting for friends or a cab.

1  Thank Glennis W
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor, it is much appreciated.
I am ever so glad to read that you are a loyal advocate of The Berkshire hotel and that you enjoy every stay with us! We always aim to provide a friendly and efficient service. I really appreciate your staff recognition, please be assured that I have passed on your kind comments to the rest of the team.
If there is anything I can be of help with or to assist with any future reservations please don’t hesitate to let me know directly via the hotel reception.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stayed for one night at the Radisson when going to the London Palladium. Excellent location for this theatre, the west end shops, and Hyde Park is 5 minutes away. It is also down a side street off Oxford Street so is not that noisy at all. There is some building work going on at Debenhams just opposite but it didn't ruin our stay.
We had booked a standard double room and when we arrived got upgraded to a deluxe room. The room itself was very clean, and a good size, it contains everything you need. The next morning we had an excellent breakfast (the full English) included in the rate (booking.com) and the hotel looked after our suitcases whilst we took a stroll to Hyde Park in the lovely weather. All the staff in the hotel were very friendly and helpful. I can't think of anything negative to say about this hotel at all.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gotobedspotty
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your patronage, it is hugely gratifying to read when staff efforts are acknowledged by our guests, I shall ensure your comments are shared with the entire team.

We appreciate your time you have taken on post this review which will indeed help other travellers to make an informed choice on their accommodation when in London. I am glad that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and you found our Super Breakfast very tasty.

If I can be of any assistance with future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel.

Kind Regards

Reviewed May 31, 2013

my wife and I like the hotel very much. very good location. anything is in the walking distance. safring department is only 3 minutes walk. We stay in the deluxe room. the size is ok compare other european country.

2  Thank frankkongwd
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate that you took the time to review The Berkshire on Tripadvisor.

May I also thank you for highlighting what a wonderful location we enjoy here at the Radisson Blu Berkshire Hotel. It really is one of the best in London and so convenient for anything and everything!!

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Berkshire Hotel in the near future. If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me personally via the hotel reception.

Kind Regards

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stayed here last month and wanted to share some feedback with the world about this Hotel.

I came down from my Home town of Coventry for my birthday with my partner as I had never been into the depths of London before.

When I first saw the Hotel I couldn't believe what an amazing location it had, smack bang on the famous Oxford street. I then walked into a very tranquil and warm feeling reception, (not massive but I prefer hotels that way) The staff were very friendly and helpful, the concierge was also great as I had little to no knowledge of London. So their advise was very helpful.

Our room was great, very clean and comfy, we felt that a lot had gone into the room in terms of design because it felt thought out as apposed to thrown together. Very clean and spacious.

We didn't eat dinner in the restaurant but the breakfast was fantastic, so from that i can only assume that the dinner would also be to a very high standard. (Good enough for us simple folk)

In the evening after a few delicious cocktails in the bar by a very welcoming and skilled member of bar staff, we retreated to our room and slept like babies.

Overall I am more that happy with my stay here and will recommended it to many of my friends and family, and if I return down to London again I know where I will be staying.

Room Tip: Personal opinion really, I like I being higher up for a better view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Laura B

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely feedback on the Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Hotel following your recent stay and I am delighted to hear that you liked the location, found the service excellent and enjoyed our beautifully decorated rooms. We take great pride in our little gem and I am thrilled to hear that you will be staying with us again when you visit London. Our dedicated and friendly team will be waiting to look after you.

I have passed you kind words to all the team and who very much appreciate it.

Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can be of assistance.

Warm regards,

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My 3rd stay at this hotel and was probably my last. The location of the hotel was excellent and we were so impressed with our two previous stays with friendly and helpful staff that we did not bother to look for another hotel. The latest stay was a total disappointment.

I booked a deluxe room with a request for an early check-in as our flight landed at about 8AM. On the day before, I checked and was able to make a dummy booking of up to 4 rooms for the same evening suggesting that there were still quite a few rooms available for sale for the night before my arrival. I am also a Carlson Gold Elite level member, so I was quite confident that I could get a room “right away”. On arrival, I was told that no room was available. It’s a lie. However, I realised that early check in was never guaranteed and there was not much that I could argue. In the meantime, I had to walk to Oxford Street to get a cup of coffee. This hotel was so cheap that it could not even afford to treat its waiting customer a free cup of coffee! It was not until shortly after noon before I was given a room.

A week or so before my arrival, I contacted the hotel to assist with some restaurant bookings, etc. I sent at least 4 e-mails but did not receive any reply. On my very first trip, after I checked in, I asked the Concierge to make some restaurant bookings. Some restaurants were fully booked and then I was told to e-mail them as soon as I confirmed my itinerary on my next visit so that a booking might be secured if requested earlier. This was what I did on my second trip and everything worked perfectly. I was told on my most recent trip that this service is no longer provided until I have actually checked in. E-mail was too voluminous that they no longer answer them. I suggest that the hotel should simply delete the e-mail address on its web site.

The room is small, even for an upgrade deluxe room. Although this is a Radisson Blu franchise, the Carlson Gold Elite status is not recognised. Sound insulation is marginal. Daily newspaper was also no longer provided. Staff was unfriendly. No one greeted us as we walked pass the reception area to the lift several times a day. Everyone “looked” busy at the computer.

The location of this hotel is excellent and this is about the only good thing for this hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid room facing Oxford Street due to noise
2  Thank TeddyBTraveller
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

I would firstly like to thank you very much for taking your time to bring your dissatisfaction in regards to your recent stay with us to our attention. We are taking our guest feedback very seriously as without constructive criticism we are unable to constantly monitor and improve our levels of guest satisfaction and attention to detail.

I was very disappointed and concerned to read the comments and may I kindly ask you to contact me directly at your earliest convenience to discuss the issues further you faced during your stay. We would certainly like to make things right for you. I look forward to hearing from

With kind regards