“Lovely”

Ranked #348 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Rome, Italy
“Lovely”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

The room is a bit small, but very nicely thought. Gadgets, bathroom, all in good position, clean, working well. Helpful nice staff, attentious and ready at all times. Breakfast is really good, the best I tasted in England. Location is just perfect, near the subway and thebest shopping streets of London. I`ll definetily be back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for writing a review in regards to your stay with us .

It was a delight to read your positive comments relating to our great location, close to all shopping and major sights as well as our fabulous staff who are always there to help and serve you. I was very pleased to see you enjoyed our Super Breakfast buffet which indeed does not leave anything to wish for.

We are very much looking to host you again in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Barbara Frigiolini

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Johnstone, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Booked this via last minute as a secret hotel and was glad with what I paid, right on Oxford St so handy for tube station (Bond St) is closest.
Bit noisy during the day if you are planning to catch up on work but apart from that great value.

• Stayed May 2013
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire on Tripadvisor.
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were overall happy with the services provided by our colleagues.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Berkshire in the near future.

Kindest regards,
Reston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

I hate to post this review as I don't want others to find the place!!! Great central location close to a lot of things. The staff is just great. The rooms are always clean and well maintained. They are a bit on the small side at times but typical for a hotel in London. They have really thick curtains that absorb a lot of the sound from being just off Oxford street. I love the place for staff, comfort and location. Not cheap but nothing in central London is. Well run small hotel. I love it and the staff, who always seem to be helpful!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Wow, Thank you for posting your wonderful review on Tripadvisor.

It is always a pleasure to read that we continue to execute service delivery with a bar of excellence and create an experience for our guests whilst in our hospitality. I have shared your review with my team and we are extremely delighted.

I trust others travellers will find your review helpful and very much look forward to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Hotel sometime in the future

United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

If you want to go shopping on Oxford St, this location is unbeatable. It's central and straight across the street from Bond St tube station.

And herein where the problem lies.

Many rooms overlook the currently-being-redeveloped tube station. Whilst in theory this isn't a issue, in reality it means (if you have the misfortune of being allocated a room overlooking this) diggers and noise from 7 am each morning until 6 pm. No lie-ins for you!
Windows are poorly sealed as they appear to be the original windows which don't offer the same noise reduction benefit as double glazing. They are pretty though and give lots of character!

Everything was ok, I think I expected more having stayed in similar price bracket hotels in London in the past.

Reception is small and felt a little chaotic at times. The bar is small and lovely though and offers a serene haven from Oxford St.

Room Tip: Request as high as you possibly can and get a room not facing the Tube Station redevelopment.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate that you took the time to review The Berkshire on Tripadvisor.
May I also thank you for highlighting what a wonderful location we enjoy here at the Radisson Blu Berkshire Hotel. It really is one of the best in London and so convenient for anything and everything!!
With regards to the noise made externally by the works currently being carried out on Oxford Street we are sorry that it disturbed you. We are in constant contact with the council to try and manage the situation however we do understand that it is an annoyance to our guests. Our product team are currently looking in to the installation of secondary glazing to eradicate this issue.
I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Berkshire Hotel in the near future. If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me personally via the hotel reception.

Home counties
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

Needing a room in the West End at short notice I was booked into the Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire at the bottom end of Marylebone Lane, adjacent to Oxford Street.

I was really just there to sleep for the night with meetings before and after my stay.

Having stayed there a number of times before I knew what to expect and was not disappointed.

Although my single standard room was quite small, all the room facilities were there, including quality toiletries, complimentary mineral water and free WiFi access. The very expensive B&O televisions are a bit dated now in the age of flat screen TV, but the room boasted an iPod docking station and effective air conditioning. (The bathroom was very warm, so to keep the bedroom at an ambient temperature, keep the bathroom door closed).

The bedroom and bathroom were spotless; no bath but an excellent shower with a shaving mirror at the sink.

Breakfast in my bedroom the following morning was excellent and up to the usual Radisson standards - on time, hot and well cooked with the required soft-poached eggs.

The only small irritation was the 'courtesy' phone call/TV message/alarm voice mail soon after I arrived to check all was well while I was in the shower. Apart from that, the rooms service and reception staff were helpful, friendly and courteous.

Great location, but expect West End prices.

Room Tip: Generally the rooms are on the small side, but made up for by the hotel location in the heart of the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank angusM25
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor, it is very much appreciated.

I am ever so glad to read that you are a loyal advocate of The Berkshire Hotel, and I have taken much pleasure in sharing your very kind feedback with each and every member of my team here.

We look forward to welcoming you back in a near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Very satisfied with the hotel, service and location. Walking distance to Soho, underground near by and Oxford street for shooping straight out the door.

High quality for Londonhotel, did get a great deal when booking through hotels.com

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Lars K
Dear Guest ,

Thank you very much for taking the time out to leave such kind comments about your recent stay with us at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Hotel. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to satisfy your needs. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards,
Galway, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights Thurs - Sun gone in this hotel. Very close (2min walk) to bond street undergound, so very easy to get around london. The hotel room itself was small, we booked a Deluxe room, thankfully we didn't book a standard room, as the Deluxe room was quite small, I know London hotels are in general small bedrooms, but this was tiny, just a double bed and the ensuite you could just about manage to work around and Im not a big lady!! The bed in the room needs to be replaced, there was a massive dip in the bed from use and I had a sore back when I awoke in the morning, which is something I dont suffer from normally. There was an awful smell in the corridor of wet dog!!?? We booked room and breakfast, and the breakfast was by far the most hectic I have seen in any hotel, and very badly laid out. It was buffet style breakfast which is fine and good selection, but had to wait for a table each morning, asked for tea and received coffee, asked for bread (not toast), I am still waiting for it!! It was a busy weekend I believe for the hotel, but the breakfast was very unorganised and by far the worst I have come across in any hotel. The staff were not very pleasant and not great english speaking, so maybe some language barriers.
All in all I think you might find a better hotel in the same area with better service, however, If you are looking for a base for shopping and site seeing and will be out and about more, then this is the one for you!

Room Tip: For a few extra ££ you might get a better/bigger room!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review about your recent visit to the Radisson Blu Berkshire Hotel.

I was sorry to read that your stay was not to your complete satisfaction and may I assure you that I have highlighted the issues raised to the relevant Head of Department so they may investigate further and take any action necessary to ensure such issues do not reoccur.

May I offer my sincere apologies. I would be grateful if you would contact me prior to your next visit to London so I may organise something a little special for you.

Kind regards,