“The room was small but perfectly formed”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire
Ranked #356 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Needing a room in the West End at short notice I was booked into the Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire at the bottom end of Marylebone Lane, adjacent to Oxford Street.

I was really just there to sleep for the night with meetings before and after my stay.

Having stayed there a number of times before I knew what to expect and was not disappointed.

Although my single standard room was quite small, all the room facilities were there, including quality toiletries, complimentary mineral water and free WiFi access. The very expensive B&O televisions are a bit dated now in the age of flat screen TV, but the room boasted an iPod docking station and effective air conditioning. (The bathroom was very warm, so to keep the bedroom at an ambient temperature, keep the bathroom door closed).

The bedroom and bathroom were spotless; no bath but an excellent shower with a shaving mirror at the sink.

Breakfast in my bedroom the following morning was excellent and up to the usual Radisson standards - on time, hot and well cooked with the required soft-poached eggs.

The only small irritation was the 'courtesy' phone call/TV message/alarm voice mail soon after I arrived to check all was well while I was in the shower. Apart from that, the rooms service and reception staff were helpful, friendly and courteous.

Great location, but expect West End prices.

Room Tip: Generally the rooms are on the small side, but made up for by the hotel location in the heart of the...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank angusM25
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor, it is very much appreciated.

I am ever so glad to read that you are a loyal advocate of The Berkshire Hotel, and I have taken much pleasure in sharing your very kind feedback with each and every member of my team here.

We look forward to welcoming you back in a near future.

Warm Regards,

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire

Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Very satisfied with the hotel, service and location. Walking distance to Soho, underground near by and Oxford street for shooping straight out the door.

High quality for Londonhotel, did get a great deal when booking through hotels.com

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Lars K

Dear Guest ,

Thank you very much for taking the time out to leave such kind comments about your recent stay with us at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Hotel. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to satisfy your needs. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights Thurs - Sun gone in this hotel. Very close (2min walk) to bond street undergound, so very easy to get around london. The hotel room itself was small, we booked a Deluxe room, thankfully we didn't book a standard room, as the Deluxe room was quite small, I know London hotels are in general small bedrooms, but this was tiny, just a double bed and the ensuite you could just about manage to work around and Im not a big lady!! The bed in the room needs to be replaced, there was a massive dip in the bed from use and I had a sore back when I awoke in the morning, which is something I dont suffer from normally. There was an awful smell in the corridor of wet dog!!?? We booked room and breakfast, and the breakfast was by far the most hectic I have seen in any hotel, and very badly laid out. It was buffet style breakfast which is fine and good selection, but had to wait for a table each morning, asked for tea and received coffee, asked for bread (not toast), I am still waiting for it!! It was a busy weekend I believe for the hotel, but the breakfast was very unorganised and by far the worst I have come across in any hotel. The staff were not very pleasant and not great english speaking, so maybe some language barriers.
All in all I think you might find a better hotel in the same area with better service, however, If you are looking for a base for shopping and site seeing and will be out and about more, then this is the one for you!

Room Tip: For a few extra ££ you might get a better/bigger room!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review about your recent visit to the Radisson Blu Berkshire Hotel.

I was sorry to read that your stay was not to your complete satisfaction and may I assure you that I have highlighted the issues raised to the relevant Head of Department so they may investigate further and take any action necessary to ensure such issues do not reoccur.

May I offer my sincere apologies. I would be grateful if you would contact me prior to your next visit to London so I may organise something a little special for you.

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel for over 10 times now and always someone there to give me a a warm welcome... Rooms are large for London standards and no need to mention the location, 350 Oxford Street :-)

Room Tip: better to take room facing not to Oxford Street as street is always busy and also new construction n...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Serkan A

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you back in a near future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Excellent location for central shops. Attentive and courteous staff. rooms small but the use of space was excellent. The only down side was being central and being close to bars meant noise from the street when the clubs kicked out. Thats the price you pay for such a great location would stay there again without question no will stay there again

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Zola M

Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a wonderful review. I was so pleased to read so many different positive comments from you and I shall pass on your comments to the team!

It is heartening to see that the little things we do are noticed & it makes us even more determined to get things right for our guests.

I look forward to your return to The Berkshire!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed April 22, 2013

My niece and I were really glad that I found this Hotel, just 10 yards from the main Oxford Street in London. It is a pedestrian walk-way so cars can't drive in from Oxford Street (between Debenhams and the Disney Shop). It has a great location, steps away from the now under-construction (new?) Bond Street station. But one can cross the street and get into the station from under the mall opposite. It's 15 minutes' (slow stroll) to Selfridges and easy access (even if you walk) to Regent Street, the shopping rows (where you can reach Leicester Square/Chinatown easily).
The Reception as well as the Lobby Restaurant staff's service were exemplary! Thanks go to especially Akin and George, for your gracious assistance -- and the lady who helped us booked the car to Heathrow.
While the twin-bedded room we were in was small (probably due to the booking which was made online), we were happy with the amenities that came with the room - and the FREE WiFi internet made our stay so much more enjoyable.
On my next trip to London I WILL definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Happenings2

Dear Guest,

Firstly may I thank you for staying at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Hotel and for sharing your experience with us on Trip advisor, it is very much appreciated!

Thank you for your comments regarding the location and the team at the hotel – we are very lucky to have a wonderful group of employees who are passionate about delivering the best service that they possibly can

Once again, thank you for sharing such kind comments, I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel very soon. If I can be of any help or assist with any future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me.

Warm regards,

Reviewed April 22, 2013

The staff are very friendly and helpful. The location is great in the heart of oxford street so you're close to eveything. The rooms are clean and provided with iron, kettle, wifi, but they are a bit small. We really enjoyed our stay there and will definitely spend our time in Radisson Blu Berkshire if we go to London again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SuzanAlSaheb

Dear Guest,

May I thank you for staying with us and for sharing such positive feedback.

I am ever so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found all our staff friendly and welcoming. We always want our guests leaving the hotel having had a fantastic experience, and we do our up most to achieve that goal!

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon for a return visit. If I can be of any further assistance please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Warmest Regards,