“Great location, generous breakfast”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire
Ranked #357 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Convenient Location on Oxford street opposite bond station. Rooms were reasonable size. Tea & coffee making a bonus. Beds comfortable & bathrooms although a little tired were clean. Service at front desk was helpful. Breakfast was included & offered a wide range of options.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank parksideMelbourne
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for writing a review in regards to your stay with us .

It was a delight to read your positive comments relating to our great location, close to all shopping and major sights as well as our fabulous staff who are always there to help and serve you. I was very pleased to see you enjoyed our Super Breakfast buffet which indeed does not leave anything to wish for.

We are very much looking to host you again in the near future.

Kind Regards,

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The staff at the hotel was excellent and so helpful, from all aspects.
Starting with check in, room service, cleaning staff and restaurant.
I appreciated all of there help from holding the luggage to offering ideas for shopping.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank 390lisak
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Berkshire Hotel on your recent stay in London. Your review serves as a great motivator to the team and would help other travellers make an informed choice on their accommodation requirements when in London.

I would like to thank you for this very helpful feedback and hope to welcome you back to The Berkshire Hotel sometime in the future.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I relied on tripadvisors review when making the decision to stay in this hotel. it was the worst decision hotel experience i ever faced in my european travels in my life.

not only they have got my room requests wrong over the call reservations ( requested same floor, avoid construction site after reading one review - wrong info reassured by room reservations call line that the hotel wasn't near any construction site, bed type room etc) , they didn't meet my requests and gave me a take it or leave it attitude. It was 8pm when I checked in, didn't have much of an option but to stay for one night. Overall, the checking in experience was bad and the staff was unhelpful , no porter services( granted budget hotel type, pics look way better over the Internet ).

Checked out immediately after one night and paid via full in cash. That wasn't the end of it.

To top it off, they went ahead and charge my credit card the full billing amount even though i have already checked out from the hotel after 1 night !!! the staff at the check out counter mention they cancel all credit card transactions.....imagine the rude surprise when the bill come up when i am back in Asia.

I am now drafting an 3rd follow up email on refund, made 3 phone calls to radisson and credit card companies. Can honestly say this is certainly a real hassle after a great London trip.

I highly recommend just paying more and go for Royal gardens Kensington which is where I holed up in the rest of stay. Needless to say, I felt the monies paid were well spent there.

In any case, thought I will highlight my experience. Maybe mine is nearing the worst of the pits but factually this did happen so would to highlight this to all other travelers sharing my recent experience there.

Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Msrg

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Hotel.

I am naturally very disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay, please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I assure you this isolated incident and is definitely not an example of the level of service we pride ourselves on providing for our guests.

I kindly ask you to contact me directly so we can discuss this further and I can investigate the issues further. I can be contacted via the Hotel or by email on frigiolb@radisson.com.
I do hope to hear from you.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Hi all, This is a brilliant Hotel. The staff go out of their way to make you feel welcome.
The manager, check in staff and breakfast team were brilliant.
I travel alot in europe and must admit the Radisson BLu Edwardian team are very good at what they do.
We done guys, will see you again in 2 months.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank leslienulliah

Dear Guest,

I cannot thank you enough for the very kind words you took the time to write following your recent stay at The Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Hotel.

I was delighted that you found your whole experience during your stay to your liking and that you will join us again in the near future. We pride ourselves on the service we provide to our guests and as always I have passed on your kind words to the great team I am proud to have.

My kindest regards,

Reviewed April 5, 2013

This place is UNSAT. WHne I first arrived we were given a tiny room with less than a queen bed opposite an ACTIVE CONSTRUCTION sight that was extremely loud. Within 10 min of being in the room someone entered without knocking. I complained to the desk and they moved us to a room on the other side with a king bed. That room was cold and the heat did not work. Then the wifi was broken I was told they were updating it---really ? At the expense of the guests not being able to use it!! Finally, the next night I was awakened to construction work right outside the window at 2AM. For $250 per night---there are better places in London. Also TA says they have a fitness facility and they don't--they let you use the one at that Radisoon Sussex .5 miles away--and the fitness romm was not worth going there.

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank wtunick

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your feedback. Naturally I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay with us and can assure you the issues that you experienced are being taken very seriously and have been discussed with the rest of the senior management team.

With regards to the noise made externally by the works currently being carried out on Oxford Street we are sorry that it disturbed you. We are in constant contact with the council to try and manage the situation however we do understand that it is an annoyance to our guests, however it is a situation which is currently out of our control.

To ensure that your stay is as comfortable as possible if you do come across any issues please advise us so we are able to rectify them immediately, however I am pleased to see that we were able to upgrade you to a king size room from the double room that you originally made your reservation for. Please accept my sincere apologise that the WIFI was being upgraded and was unavailable for a few hours, however we do also have a business centre and in addition a plug-in internet connection provided in all of our rooms.

We would love to have the pleasure of being able to welcome you back to the hotel and would be grateful if you could contact our Guest Relations Team if you choose to return to us so they may personally oversee your reservation.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Dear All,

I just wanted to say that I enjoyed my stay and the people who work at the hotel are very friendly, hence I had a very nice experience over all.

I just wanted to add a tip and double glassing might be needed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank RioB451

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your kind comments on your recent stay with us.

It was a delight to read your very complimentary feedback regarding the excellent service that you received, which I will share with my team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I regulary use this hotel for meetings as it is a great location to my area of work. All staff are always friendly, welcoming and nothing is too much trouble.

The Bar manager and his staff are always very accommodating to my needs.The best coffees in London with the best service.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lynne1971
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor, it is much appreciated.

I am ever so glad to read that you are a loyal advocate of The Berkshire hotel and that you enjoy every stay with us! We always aim to provide a friendly and efficient service. I really appreciate your staff recognition, please be assured that I have passed on your kind comments to the rest of the team.

If there is anything I can be of help with or to assist with any future reservations please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Warmest Regards,