“Excellent Hotel”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire
Ranked #354 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My girlfriend had booked us into the Radisson Blu Berkshire for my birthday weekend and wasnt let down.

The hotel staff were extremely helpful and assisted me when trying to organise a surprise champagne breakfast for my girlfriend for the next morning.

My girlfriend had mentioned upon booking that it was my birthday on the day of checking in, and whilst we were out shopping, they popped in a free bottle of red wine, free chocolates and a birthday card!

The room all in all was very nice, we had a King Room, which provided a comfortable king size bed, and full marble bathroom and spacious wardrobes.

Out of the whole wonderful experience, there were two slight issues which need to be addressed. The shower, although powerful, kept flickering between freezing cold and scolding hot despite being midway on the dial. And the other is a bit picky, but for the price of the room and being so common place now, you would expect a flat screen TV in the room and not a 19" CRT that was on the wall which didn't show the whole screen.

Like I said, all in all was a fantastic place to stay and will def look at this again the next time we venture into London

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a very balanced review of the Radisson Berkshire Hotel.
I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay overall and that you would consider returning to us – thank you!

I hope on your next visit you will have a moment to relax in our restaurant and enjoy our British cuisine sources from our local supplies

If I can be of any service with regards to future reservations please don’t hesitate to contact me via the hotel.

Kind regards

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Would never stay at this hotel again.. And thats very unlike me too ever say that about a hotel. Unless you would want the staff to come into your room, pack your things up and put them in a different room without your knowledge because they put you in the wrong room, then I wouldn't stay here at all!!!!

Lets start from the minute we walked in the door too check in- everything just went downhill from here.. Check in was a nightmare, took us half an hour too book into 4 rooms, in which only 2 were ready and we needed too get ready as we was going the Ritz for my aunties 65th birthday surprise. So 8 of us were cramped into 2 rooms too get ready. Terrible!! We was told the rooms would be ready for 3pm, and were they!? Nopeee.
Anywho, after a lovely afternoon at the Ritz, we had too return too the hotel and finally our rooms were ready now. Rooms are quite small and cramped, wasn't happy with what we were given for the price we payed each.. The best times we had in the 24 hours we spent in London, was being out and as far away from that hotel as we could be!! Some staff are friendly and helpful, the breakfast I wouldn't rate at all to be honest. We left a birthday cake from the Ritz behind for the staff too look after, went too collect it the next morning and it had either been misplaced or someone had taken it, we will never find out which one as we had too leave sharpess too catch the train, but im sure this hotel will get some bad complaints coming its way.The checking out was ridiculous!! Express checkout, hahaha yeah yeah.

The good and only good thing I would say about this hotel is it is clean, very clean. But that wouldn't be enough for me too visit back this place ever again. And I certainly wouldn't recommend it too anyone else either.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Billie W
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a detailed review.

I was so sorry to read your comments and would like to take this opportunity of offering you my personal apologies for the inconvenience and frustrations you have experienced.

I will certainly be following up your feedback with the departments concerned in order to avoid any reoccurrences of the situations you have explained in your review.

I understood that the F&B manager has contacted you personally to go through the error and action has been taken to your satisfaction. However feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss anything further

Kind Regards

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Please beware. Half the building is exposed to massive and excessive noise from the long term construction site related to Bond Station. While worst in the day, the noise at night was maddening. Although London hotel quality is notoriously poor, the broom closet sized room, impossibly small bathroom and noise were deal breakers for our business group. We can't in good conscious recommend this property, although the staff were very well trained and quite lovely at every turn.

Room Tip: Insist on avoiding the side of the building with construction and don't accept a "standard...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I would firstly like to thank you very much for taking your time to bring your dissatisfaction in regards to your recent stay with us to our attention. We are taking our guest feedback very seriously as without constructive criticism we are unable to constantly monitor and improve our levels of guest satisfaction and attention to detail.

I was very disappointed and concerned to read the comments and may I kindly ask you to contact me directly at your earliest convenience to discuss the issues further you faced during your stay. We would certainly like to make things right for you. I look forward to hearing from

With kind regards

Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

This really is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in and couldn't believe it was part of the Radisson chain!

On entering the hotel you are straight into a tiny reception area where you will be ignored by staff. When you eventually do get served you will be served by someone who has no idea what they are doing and will ask you the same questions three times.

The hotel is extremely run down inside and looks uncared for. There are parts that definitely cannot have web cleaned daily.

We were 'upgraded' on arrival but the room was tiny and not of the standards you would expect. The only extra I could see was a sofa included in the already cramped room. There were marks all over the bedroom walls and the leather effect was peeling off the furniture.

The hotel has no wow factor and the attention to detail present in every other radisson I have stayed in, is severely lacking in this hotel.

We also visited the bar which is very small but looks quite well decorated. On closer inspection it is also not as clean and is breaking and worn. Make sure you double check your drinks with the waiters as with each order there was a random drink served to us.

This place is definitely not worth the money. I would rather have stayed in a premier inn.

The only thing going for this hotel is the Oxford Street location.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank HenL87

With kind regards

Reviewed January 28, 2013

This hotel is located in a great location with tons of shopping and food very close. It's right next to Bond underground train station which made it easy to hop on and really go anywhere in town. It's also a short walk to Soho, theatre and more shopping.

The hotel was clean with a great staff. They were helpful and knew the area. Loved that they had tea time every day that all guests were welcome to. The rooms were not as updated as other Radisson's that I have been to but the locations cancels that out.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank MisMelly
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

Firstly may I thank you for staying at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Hotel and for sharing your experience with us on Trip advisor, it is very much appreciated!
Thank you for your comments regarding the location and the team at the hotel – we are very lucky to have a wonderful group of employees who are passionate about delivering the best service that they possibly can
Once again, thank you for sharing such kind comments, I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel very soon. If I can be of any help or assist with any future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel reception.

Warm regards,

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed for one night after friend's party. Good central location, clean rooms, excellent bath products and tasty breakfast. Some service excellent, e.g. Jonathan at reception on arrival. However, some service definitely below par. Not enough staff at breakfast so left waiting with no apology when served. Most importantly was shockingly asked to pay on leaving, having already paid on arrival. I was greeted with obvious disbelief when i questioned it, then not a hint of apology when the hotel realised their mistake. If you choose to stay here, do check you are not made to pay twice.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank JJOLondon

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review although naturally I am disappointed that you feel your stay was not as it should have been.

I would like to assure you that I have discussed your comments with the hotel management team so they may investigate further and take any corrective action necessary as it is clearly not the usual standards of the hotel.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused and feel free to email me prior to your next visit and I will make sure that your stay will be 100% to your satisfaction.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Berkshire in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I chose this hotel because of the location, in the oxford street, behind the disney store, is a shopping district and lots of restaurants too

The lobby pretty small, the room is not big either, but everything are here, even iron board too.
The buffet breakfast are very good

The corner room with twin room are bigger more space than the normal double bed room, but everything are good quality

When i was check in the reception staff really helpfull spent more than 30 minutes just to find alternative room , a twin seperate 2 beds for my daughter and my son, which based on our original booking only confirmed 2 double one bed rooms, he managed to find a room for them as we stayed for 3 nites here in london

I will stay again in rhs hotel due the location location location !

Room Tip: Rq a room facing the oxford street, we are able to see the crowded oxford street but abit noise from...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate that you took the time to review The Berkshire on Tripadvisor.
May I also thank you for highlighting what a wonderful location we enjoy here at the Radisson Blu Berkshire Hotel. It really is one of the best in London and so convenient for anything and everything!!
I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Berkshire Hotel in the near future. If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me personally via the hotel reception.

Warm Regards,