“Great service”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire
Ranked #357 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed December 23, 2012

My partner and I are frequest visitors to Ascots restaurant near bond street. We were so tired after xmas shopping. We had a very nice meal there and were served by Asuman, who has looked after us very well. She was so friendly and made us very special. It was amazing because she was so funny and she made us laugh all night after our busy day. Thank you for great service.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Fernandogonz
BarbaraFrigiolini, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent visit to our Ascot Restaurant. We were pleased that you enjoyed a wonderful experience and felt that our quality of product was to a high standard, which was equally matched by the genuine friendly manner of service, that each of our team endeavour to deliver on a daily basis.

Thank you once again for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Yours sincerely,

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Recently stayed there for 3 nights. The location was close to Bond Street underground which had two lines that provided quick access around London. The staff was very accomodating and the room very clean.

I definitely would stay there again.

Booked through book.com, prepaid a week before & obtained the best rate.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 755Susan

Dear Guest,

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. As you mentioned, we are very lucky indeed to be in such a convenient location, a short tube ride and your in the middle of the city centre, then when all the shopping and sight seeing is done, there is simply no better way of relaxing then to have a nice afternoon tea in the lounge after a long day.

Once again, thank you for sharing such kind comments, I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel very soon. If I can be of any help or assist with any future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel reception.

Warm regards,

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I recently went here for afternoon tea on a very busy shopping day in December! I was initially impressed that we could simply walk in from the street without booking but found because of this the staff were not attentive, the food was rushed and slapdash, Tea was cold, and we were not offered the special gingerbread apple martini that was advertised and when enquired the staff acted as if they could not understand us. I have been to many hotels in London for afternoon tea and this is one I shall not be visiting again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our restaurant while on Oxford Street and for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Tripadvisor.

I am naturally very disappointed that you did not enjoy your experience with us. I have spoken to the necessary Head of Departments to take action where needed so these issues do not reoccur.

We appreciate all feedback, positive and negative as it essential for the success of this hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel reception to discuss anything further.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed December 18, 2012

We went for afternoon tea. The afternoon tea was a treat from parents, and it was an amazing treat. All Staff were friendly lovely and attentive, and it was just perfect.. the staff were all very pleasant, especially ASUMAN...., who was welcoming, lovely and very friendly. Fantastic service from the time we arrived to the time we left. The staff made sure you were comfortable and were attentive and catered for all needs. It was great experience. Choice of tea and Coffee was offered straight away Then the tray arrived with yummy sandwiches and good scones. . Tea was replenished for us during our sitting. Choice of fresh sandwiches, cakes scones, clotted cream for the scones,An outstanding high tea - that I would easily recommend to any friend looking for good service.
If you want a good clean friendly hotel at a decent price then I would definitely recommend this hotel. .
Location is the best in London, less than a minute walk to the subway station. It is on Oxford St just 2 minutes from Bond St Tube or five minutes from Oxford Circus. Ideal for oxford street shoppers.
just outstanding........ Overall experience was excellent
Would definitely go again!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Julie M

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing the review regarding your recent visit in our restaurant

Thank you for your praises especially regarding our helpful and friendly staff. We take great pride in our staff and I am pleased to pass your kind and highly motivating comments to them.

The hotel is indeed very centrally located and the attraction such as Marble Arch and Oxford Street are just a short stroll away. I

We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you soon again.

With Kind Regards

Reviewed December 15, 2012

This really was a super break courtesy of Superbreak who provided theatre tickets, 1st class tavel with Virgin and this lovely central hotel. When we arived our room was not ready but Akin on reception arranged fr us to have a drink in the lounge while we waited. The room was spacious and had three large winsows with a view of the Oxford Street Xmas lihgts. The bed was huge and the bathroom was well equiped. There was a lovely couch in the room where you could watch the tv. This is the only thing I would change in this room, although the tv was a Bang + Olufson it came ut ot the ark and only had 6 channels and no movies. This room is big enough to take a 50" flat screen tv with freeview and a movie channel. I hope they get round to it soon. All round a very nice birthday trip.

Room Tip: Book a de luxe
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dr0dden

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your endorsing and detailed review of the Berkshire Hotel.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the highlights of our hotel - location and excellent staff, and I look forward to welcoming you back to London.

If I can be of any further help, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind Regards

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Great location for our needs, business appointment at the USA embassy and shopping for my wife.
We arrived early Sunday morning after an overseas overnight flight.
Front desk staff (Jonathon) was extremely helpful in making sure our room was ready earlier for us. He Showed us to our room and made sure everything was to our liking.
The room was not huge but exactly what we wanted, clean & warm and well equipped.
The staff in the bar (Diana & Robert) were also very helpful and friendly.
Having stayed at other central London hotels, this was the best we have stayed in.
We will definitely use this hotel again and highly recommend it to fellow travelers.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at The Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire Hotel and for taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor.
The team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your room , location and service. It really is encouraging to read such a wonderful review, and keeps us motivated to deliver the absolute best service we can provide so that every guest enjoys every second of their stay!!
May I also thank you for highlighting what a wonderful location we enjoy here at the Radisson Blu Berkshire Hotel. It really is one of the best in London and so convenient for anything and everything!!

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel many times, ideally situated for Oxford Street and Soho, Bond street tube is across the road and is a direct link for the 02, Great service and excellent staff, extremely clean and tidy, rooms a little small but you can overlook that as if you are like us you only tend to sleep in it. Surrounded by many restaurants and bars/pubs.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor, it is much appreciated.
I am ever so glad to read that you are a loyal advocate of The Berkshire hotel and that you enjoy every stay with us! We always aim to provide a friendly and efficient service. I really appreciate your staff recognition, please be assured that I have passed on your kind comments to the rest of the team.
If there is anything I can be of help with or to assist with any future reservations please don’t hesitate to let me know directly via the hotel reception.

Warmest Regards,