“Jamies, no not that one.”
Review of Barbecoa

Barbecoa
Ranked #2,390 of 24,404 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City of London
Transit: The nearest Underground station is St Paul's on the Central Line (2 minute walk). Mansion House and Cannon Street stations on the District and Circle Lines are also within walking distance
Description: Jamie Oliver's Barbecoa is all about fire, smoke & the best meat we can get our hands on, cooking it using fire-based techniques from all over the world.
Reviewed July 8, 2014

This was a first visit to the Jamie Oliver restaurant Barbecoa in the renovated New Charge/Cheapside precinct. The booking was to celebrate my wife's birthday and we wanted to try somewhere new. This small precinct is the only one of its type in the City of London and therefore we knew there would be a premium attached.
The ambiance was great, very busy and we had a good table overlooking New Change and St Paul's. The staff were attentive and very informative and helped us make the correct food choices.
The food, was excellent, the steak top notch and the deserts top quality.
We paid just under £100 per head for the two of us, this included 3 courses each, plus a bottle of wine and the suggested service charge.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,415)

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Went for a celebratory meal and I wasn't picking up the bill, which was nice. As we were a large group, I assume we were offered a limited menu - 3 to 4 choices for each course. However, the options were pretty broad and the food, service and atmosphere were great. Olives, breads and pork crackling were a great opener. Ribs were tasty, steak was tender and brownie was delicious.

If you want a view of St Paul's, I'd ask when booking, as not all tables had a view of the cathedral. Also steak only came medium rare. Not sure if this was because we were a large group but if you like your meat more well done, check before booking!

Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Great atmosphere with a unique view(St. Paul cathedral is few meters away) friendly staff, affordable prices and great dishes: short rib, bread board is amazing and also the burger. We had some italian red wine with a decent price (around 25£). We did't have desert but is impossible to not be great :)

Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

We went here with friend in the beginning of February. For our surprise we could get there without a reservation and a queue. We were seated in the nice place with a stunning view to St Paul's! The waiter was really professional and kind. The food was very good. Overall this place left very nice impression. Definitely I would suggest it to everyone! A bit pricy but to my mind it is worth it! :)

Reviewed July 1, 2014

I work in the city and I never usually use trip advisor, but I am that disappointed with my meal tonight that I just had to comment.

I have been to a lot of restaurants in the city and had saved barbecoa as a special occasion to go with family, but after going tonight I can safely say I will never go again.

What an absolute rip off - when you can walk 5 minutes up the road to hawksmoor.

Overpriced, poor quality meat, cold food, overly salted to compensate, smallest portions in the city, terrible creamed spinach.

Very very poor. I expect so much more for those prices and so much more considering the location.

To top it all off....I came out smelling like a smoke house.

Never again.