“Good food with a nice view of St Paul's”
Review of Barbecoa

Barbecoa
Ranked #1,115 of 23,211 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City of London
Transit: The nearest Underground station is St Paul's on the Central Line (2 minute walk). Mansion House and Cannon Street stations on the District and Circle Lines are also within walking distance
Description: Jamie Oliver's Barbecoa is all about fire, smoke & the best meat we can get our hands on, cooking it using fire-based techniques from all over the world
Reviewed March 6, 2014

First impressions of this place were that there was a relaxed, casual atmosphere - easy to find just on the outer parts of the shopping centre facing St Paul's. My friends and I got a table with a view of the Cathedral and there was ample space for all of us. The service was quick and friendly, with staff very knowledgable about all items on the menu.

Food was great, we got a variety of starters from olives to ribs which we were able to share between us. I went for the T Bone steak which was a little overdone for my liking, but my friends found no fault with the different cuts of steak which they went for. Sides are a little expensive but I do recommend the chips. Had a sorbet for dessert which I really enjoyed also.

Will come back again to try the other cuts available.

There are newer reviews for Barbecoa

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I went there with three friends during our visit in London with high expectations because of Jamie Oliver. The view is fantastic,the prices are normal for a steakhouse and the service efficient. However, their main courses are below average (if not awful). I had the sirloin which I asked to be cooked medium; a well done arrived instead. I also had a bite or two of their fillet from my friend; it was also average and for a steak served in a steakhouse, below average. As it concerns their starters and desserts there were just okay. If you are looking for a good steak this is not a place to go. Look somewhere else!

1  Thank Angelos M
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Had a great evening here, the food, cocktails, starters and desert was devine! Can not wait to go back! Jamie Oliver did not let us down. Only small down point was we asked for a break between our big starters and our main which they agreed too and they brought the food out anyway. The waiters also cleared our plates away while one of our friends was still eating which isnt the said thing to do and is rude but didnt take away how nice the food and atmosphere was. Will return!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Barbecoa is located just opposite the St. Paul's cathedral making it probably the location with one of the best views in town! The interior design is kept dark but elegant. The place is obviously very well visited and popular, since the empty tables get occupied just within minutes. It is a very lively place with excellent service!
The food is fantastic, starting from the aperitif to the desert!
We weren't disappointed at any time.
It's a place well worth visiting. We will come back!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I've been before, many times in fact. It has been up until now without fault, today however was unacceptable bad. The aged ribeye (special) was drowned in butter, which I had to return, my case in point was the ribeye if cooked and seasoned correctly doesn't require much more than a sauce, not swimming in butter which overpowered the flavour of the steak. Graciously, they switched it out for the burger, so fair enough. However the burger turns up and the bun is cold, toasted then left on the side to lose its heat, so meat hot, bun cold. How hard can it be to prepare a hamburger that comes to your table with all components hot? I ended up leaving annoyed, hungry, very disappointed and £110 lighter for the experience.

Final note, there is no kids menu, fair enough, but they wouldn't heat up my 2 year olds food so don't take the kids, especially the young ones because you will get no help from the staff.

1  Thank bunyip_dreaming