“Fantastic backdrop”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City of London
Transit: The nearest Underground station is St Paul's on the Central Line (2 minute walk). Mansion House and Cannon Street stations on the District and Circle Lines are also within walking distance
Description: Jamie Oliver's Barbecoa is all about fire, smoke & the best meat we can get our hands on, cooking it using fire-based techniques from all over the world.
Reviewed February 8, 2014

When you have a floodlit St Paul's cathedral as a backdrop to your table it certainly adds to the experience. The ambience was modern and relaxed and the booths were very comfy. Staff were attentive and friendly and the food was good. Chateaubriand was beautifully cooked and the chips just as I like them. Not cheap, but did not expect any different.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,415)

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Took my wife there for her Birthday, the food was third rate! A very tough steak and rip off prices. After trying a few of Jamie Oliver's places and his parents said gastro pub I would never eat anywhere associated with him again.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Visited here recently with friends and had a very enjoyable evening here. The varied menu was excellent.We shared some starter plates including some wicked chilli ribs ... yum ! Our mains were mainly steaks which were all good without being wow .. What is wow though is the stunning views of St Pauls. Amazing !Make sure you book with "the view". Its a long restaurant so you shouldn't have a problem. We got stuck into some pretty nice wine so the bill wasn't cheap but worth the money. Babarcoa is well worth a visit !

Reviewed February 5, 2014

I am not a Jamie Oliver fan because you don't seem to be able to avoid a Jamie Oliver restaurant in London. HOWEVER, I was impressed by the Barbecao. The restaurant is huge but with a brasserie kind of atmosphere; busy and elegant at the same time. Overall a very good atmosphere. The meat was obviously the main attraction (apart from the dome of St. Paul's) and it was very ably cooked. A great treat actually with a good open grill taste. Good and friendly service (for London) and we shan't talk about the prices.
I'll be back!

Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Myself and my boyfriend came to London at the weekend for my birthday and after looking at several restaurants online beforehand, I chose Barbecoa. It didn't disappoint! I opted for the bread board as a starter whilst my boyfriend opted for the chicken liver pate with brioche. Both were lovely. But on to the main... Both of us opted for the steak; me with a sirloin and my boyfriend with a t bone. Both were cooked to perfection, even if I do like mine 'ruined' as my other half would say, by having it well done! The chips were nice and crispy and the saffron fried egg was gorgeous! By the end, both of us were completely stuffed and feeling like our waitress would have to roll us out! For me, dessert is always the most important part of a menu as I have quite the sweet tooth! Seeing the words 'chocolate brownie' on the menu was enough for me but I have to say I was very disappointed when it arrived. It didn't taste or have the consistently of a brownie but more of a dark chocolate torte which I'm not a fan of. Very disappointing as a pudding lover but the cocktails and steak more than made up for it. To be fair, I was just being greedy by having pudding anyway, but my boyfriend was more than happy to eat it for me! The cocktails were gorgeous if not a little overpriced and I highly recommend the 'Jessica rabbit' cocktail! Our waitress was so polite and friendly despite it being a busy night.. We couldn't have asked for more! Overall, the food was fantastic, pudding aside, and we'll definitely come back here the next time we go to London. Word to the wise, it's quite expensive, but the food quality is worth the money.

1  Thank Tania W