“Great food, great view, great service”
Review of Barbecoa

Barbecoa
Ranked #2,461 of 24,250 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City of London
Transit: The nearest Underground station is St Paul's on the Central Line (2 minute walk). Mansion House and Cannon Street stations on the District and Circle Lines are also within walking distance
Description: Jamie Oliver's Barbecoa is all about fire, smoke & the best meat we can get our hands on, cooking it using fire-based techniques from all over the world
Reviewed December 22, 2013

This was my 2nd visit to Barbecoa - this time for my best friends 30th birthday and, again I was not disappointed. The staff are friendly and welcoming, not pretenious. Food was great. My friend said the steak was the best she'd ever had.
The view and ambience are lovely and the extra touch of "happy birthday" piped onto my friends dessert really made for a special dinner.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,388)

Reviewed December 22, 2013

We got there 6 people in total on a Wednesday evening. Nice environment, great view of St. Paul's. The steaks were well cooked (though some of us thought that the fillet was not as good as the rib-eye's). Reasonably priced (~60pp). I would definitely go back again.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

We had a business lunch here last week. The meal was excellent and we had steaks and burgers. The wine list was good and the views were superb across St. Paul's. However, the service was rather slow but that fortunately did not cause us a problem. In all it was a good restaurant.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

It's the City crowd here, which means great steak and good, deep red wine. The server's response of "Oh." to our "A bottle of house red, please" partially detracted from the delicious sirloin, but I'd go back.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Had dinner in a group of 5 on a busy pre-Christmas Friday. I really enjoy this restaurant - the food is generally very good, with lovely flavours (though acoustics in the dining room are pretty bad.) They make a lot of their dry-aged, locally-sourced and organic meat. It was unfortunate therefore that all 5 of us who had ordered steak of some form or other found their cuts over-cooked. All of us had requested rare or medium rare and they were all medium. Such a shame because the meat is excellent quality. It won't put me off this place though. I still like it.
All the sides, desserts and cheeses were excellent. A special mention for the house-made Brie - magnificently creamy and superb with a lovely, robust red.
If it's all about the meat, Barbecoa, then make sure you're cooking it to the customer's preference.