“Great for meat lovers”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City of London
Transit: The nearest Underground station is St Paul's on the Central Line (2 minute walk). Mansion House and Cannon Street stations on the District and Circle Lines are also within walking distance
Description: Jamie Oliver's Barbecoa is all about fire, smoke & the best meat we can get our hands on, cooking it using fire-based techniques from all over the world
“Great for meat lovers”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Opposite St Pauls which gives a fabulous view. Huge inside but extremely dark (not sure what its like in daylight). Meatlovers will enjoy the enormous lumps of meat but the steak I ordered as medium was delivered rare. Not a problem as I swapped with my husband who asked for rare but his was cooked more than mine. No idea how expensive it was as it was paid for by the company. Would not be in a hurry to rush back here and was slightly disappointed that it did not reach my expectation of a restaurant to which Jamie Oliver attaches his name.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
“awful.”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Horrible service and HORRIBLE food. The staff was very rude, and everything is very overpriced.
I will not be returning, and I really do not recommend anyone else goes!
The view is lovely... however everything else is terrible. 0/10 ... maybe 1 point for the view!

Oh, and also... for such a pricey place, you'd think they'd have the funds to hire someone to clean the bathrooms??

2 Thank George H
London, United Kingdom
“Not Jamie Olivers best, skip this and save your money!”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Okay I agree with other reviews here, the view is great! This is the only positive! We were out to celebrate with friends in London tonight. Worth pointing out we live in London. The evening started with our appetiser which was good ( Salmon Gravadlox.. something) good but not what you would expect, to say the portions were small is an understatement. (one and a half bites at best for eight pounds) Ordered the special, which was a mistake. The sole had more bones than fish, I complained to our waiter that passed on the comments to the manager. She decided that this was not worth her time to visit our table and passed a message back to our waiter that this was my bad luck and not their responsibility. Would you like desert he asked? Well since I could not eat my dinner without putting my hand into my month on every bite to pull out fish bones, no thanks! My partner ordered the chicken and it was overcook and dry, hard to mess up chicken but they managed it with ease. Bad food, poor service, overpriced.. if this is what you are looking for... then this is your place. If not, try the bar on the six floor, which has a better views, then head out into London and have lots of quality restaurant to choose from, great food that is not over priced. Shame on you Jamie... you should be embarrassed.

3 Thank John G
“Only go for the view”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Grossly overreated in my view. I took the advice of someone which I shouldn't really. Newish steak restaurant in the City of London owned by Jamie Oliver. So what does it mean? Good food, good steak, or good meat. Not as far as I can see.
Great views of the St Paul's cathedral though!

1 Thank anidioteverywhere
Athens, Greece
“Great lunch in the City”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Went for late Sunday lunch, the food was great and the view of St Paul's even greater, pity about the service!!