The Marble Arch London
$288
$279
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsoxford streetsister hotel across the roadclub roomon arrivalroom servicesteam roomhyde parkduty managernice roomwest endlocation was perfectrooms are smallmontcalmbathrobesdoormantube
Reviewed January 20, 2012

According to a groupon deal it is a 5* hotel, however it is not more than 3* so the price is too high for it. Just be warned it is not Montcalm.

I would not advise to stay in the hotel.

Room Tip: It is not Montcalm
3  Thank koenig_dublin
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Worst hotel I've stayed in for ever put me in room above reception staff didn't think people wanted to sleep ! At 2.55 still talking and laughing 5am gave up ! Had asked for wake up call on checking in for 6am again reminded reception at midnight never got call !!! Rang reception 12mins past 6 to be told yes they did make a call and a man answered I had 2 rooms booked and no man in either as going straight into hospital for 7am totallydisatisfied and on complaint they were only worried what I had out of the bar the meal the evening before was cold in the middle and on complaint I just received a smile !!! Obviously I shall never stay again and will advise anyone else with my thoughts I stay in London most months and have never been more dissatisfied

• Stayed: January 2012
4  Thank CorkyDerbyshire
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Small room but nicely done.
However, it was really noisy at night and the night porter and manager could not tell me where the noise was coming from..how bizarre!
I was looking forward to a good night sleep away from my 2 year old daughter and I was left disappointed.

2  Thank Tommel56
Reviewed January 7, 2012

We marched up the street to The Montcalm thinking oh this looks lovely, walked inside all was very grand, spoke to the lady on reception to find out we were in the wrong place.

Across the road we went....
Looking at all the photos and videos online it was all the montcalm, we were under the impresson thats where we were going, with 20 sq metre rooms and luxury. our room in the marble arch (by the montcalm) felt barely 1 metre sq! it was sooo tiny we could hardly unpack our suitcase. The rooms were positioned arkwardly, meaning our door opened practically directly onto another. The pillows on the bed had hairs on them, cleanliness left more to be desired.

SERVICE
We stayed for 2 nights, on the second night wed left the 'make room' light on at 9.30 in the morning., went out for the day and came back at 5.00p, to find the woman doing the room then. Baring in mind we had a west end show booked for 7.00 and needed to get ready etc and have something to eat. when we got there the woman was casually on her mobile phone in our room!!! then was very rude to us, repeating 'I doing my job' when we asked how long she would be. To be totally honest there was no point at all in her doing the room, she hardly sorted the bed and didnt replace the bathroom products!

SLEEP
there was an extremely annoying bright led green light in the doorway/next to the bed ceiling which lit up the roomd all night, for seemingly no reason!

BREAKFAST
I dont really know how to describe it, hardly edible? The bacon,egg,mushrooms and sausage were awful. The mushrooms were with onions and rosemary, who has onions with a breakfast? Disgusting. £15 per person - I wouldnt pay £5

Generally things weren't done properly, for the money they are charging it just isn't acceptable. 5 stars - no way!

One two slight shining lights were the excellent location and the bathroom facilities.

Hope you find this useful!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms, no pictures of the TINY rooms are shown in advertisement.
2  Thank Andrew B
Reviewed January 7, 2012

We were moved here from another hotel and found the staff helpful and efficient. Our only problem with the room was it was very hot over night making it difficult to sleep. Breakfast was very enjoyable especially the mushrooms.

• Stayed: December 2011