$158
$181
$281
$260
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$149
$258
$244
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Park International Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$105
Hotel 41(London)
$389
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $451/night.

All reviewsthe natural history museumearl's court stationremote controlbudget hotelreception staff were very helpfultwo double bedscheck in was easybit datedstayed here for two nightscontinental breakfastshort breakmin walkbuckingham palacecromwell
Reviewed October 20, 2011

I have driven across the US and stayed in some pretty questionable hotels, but when I come to London I know that I have to be, shall we say "flexible" about my expectations for a hotel room. I realize that when traveling through Europe it's wise to bring your sense of humor however I was totally unprepared for my experience at the Oliver.

The first thing you think as you walk through the door is "What's the cancellation policy again?" I was dutifully interrogated by the ex KGB employee who manned the front desk and ushered off to my room.

Surprise, yes the room was small...well tiny actually: so welcome to London! All par for the course... but then I saw the bathroom... oh my God. I'm 5 feet 8 inches, not exactly tall but there wasn't enough room for me to sit on the toilet, I had to sit sideways to accommodate my knees!

Well that was good for a laugh. (remember, sense of humor required)

But I wasn't particularly amused when I tried taking a shower and discovered that there wasn't enough space in the stall to move my arms, I literally had to soak under the water, step out of the shower to soap and scrub and step back in to rinse off!

Thank God I was only here for one night.

After my shower I made the mistake of going downstairs for the "Continental" breakfast that was included with my stay. What I wasn't told was that the continent in question was Antarctica! Undrinkable coffee, rubbery egg (singular), slimy yogurt and miserable service, there was not one edible thing in the room.

And speaking of miserable service...not a single smile the whole time I was there from any of the employees. They offered consistently "Soviet" service that led me to believe that I was really just an annoyance...or an inmate.

Needless to say unless you're fresh from the Gulag avoid this place like the plague...which I suspect is being incubated in the bed linens!

One last thing, I would love to hear from anyone, ANYONE who has stayed at this hotel and gone back to stay another night.

Room Tip: Any other room in any other hotel...perhaps a park bench...under a bridge...trust me you'll thank me later
  • Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank Kevin F
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Be warned, stayed one night and woke up the next day blotchy and itching all over. Now having to have everything worn dry cleaned / thrown out so as not to transfer home. Avoid room 7, not just for the fact you'll be bitten to death, but you get the added bonus of the kitchen staff making lots of noise just after 6am.... yes, horrible!!! Avoid.

Room Tip: just avoid room 7
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 1, 2011

Firstly it is not 24 hour reception. If you arrive after midnight you have to knock on the door as your key , even if you happen to sneak it out, does not open the main front door. If you can wake somebody up they will let you in at their discretion. My female travel companion arrived back around 2am and was initially refused entry. When he finally let her in he had to escort her to the room for some reason as I had the key and thought it ok to actually attempt to fondle her from behind. She spokento management next day who appeared not surprised yet no real apology or remorse. The matter is now with police.
So not only is it not really 24 hr reception it advertises that its only 15 to 20 minute stroll to Oxford st , Harrodsburg etc. This is laughable, we wondered why walking and asking people the directions they looked at us weird. It takes approx 90 mns to walk to Oxford st and that's at a great rate of knots. Avoid this hotel, the rooms are rabbit warrens, staff shonky and sleazy and basically have nothing to offer what they advertise. The breakfast btw is stale toast and hard boiled eggs. Simply a joke.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Its funny as i've seen so many reviews on here bashing this hotel and I really don't know why?!?! It was in a perfect location being only 5-10 min walk to Earls Court and 5 mins to the tube, the breakfast was spot on each morning and the staff friendly. We arrived early on the day of checking in (10.45am) and was expecting to wait a few hours before we could check in. However after little more than 30 mins our room was ready. In the meantime the staff looked after our luggage and got us some teas and coffees. The room (while a tad small) was very clean and was perfect for me and my girlfriends needs. While it wasn't the Ritz I really don't what some people expecting for £90 a night for a double room in such a location. Also if you spend so much time in your room (in central London) that the size becomes an issue you need to get out more! PS. I note some people were saying that the wi-fi only worked in the breakfast area....well they must have updated this recently as we were located on the top/4th floor and got a perfect signal for the 3 days we were there.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Hotel Oliver is in quite location on a main road within walking distance to The Natural History Museum and to Earls Court Tube, buses, also to restaurants and food stores. We liked the breakfast service, coffee and tea faciltites available for free in the tea room 24hr. Also liked the family room. We would definately use again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family