“Great, but...”

Novotel London Tower Bridge
Ranked #234 of 1,076 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Lovely hotel. I visited with my two children and paid extra for a Superior Premium Room. My children loved the opaque glass in the bathroom! Really pleased that the bathroom was spotlessly clean. The room was nice, but we were disappointed not to have a 'room with a view'. That would have really made the stay special. I do have a slight niggle. Why are the mattresses not covered with mattress protectors? (Room 523) I discovered this at bedtime but we had unpacked and I had two exhausted children who just wanted to go to sleep, otherwise I would have mentioned this to reception to see whether we could change room. I didn't mention the problem to my children but I spent the night wondering whose bodily fluids I was laying in. Not pleasant! I would expect better from a 4* hotel.

Room Tip: Room 523 has no lovely view :(
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank ChelseaGirl25
Steven K, Manager at Novotel London Tower Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to describe your experience following your stay at our property. I am very grateful you brought this to our attention.
After reading your detailed comments regarding the mattress protectors I have immediately gathered my housekeeping manager and we have put in place all the right measures to avoid future occurrence.
I sincerely hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again and it will be our pleasure to ensure that your will have a great stay at Novotel London Tower Bridge for your next trip to London.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We booked this hotel for its location, what a fantastic surprise when we got into our room. Not only was the room light spacious,well equipped and very clean, we had the most fantastic view from our window. London Tower,Tower Bridge and The Shard, what a bonus, we never get that lucky. We were in Room 641 and would recommend floor 6 and above. The staff were very helpful and very friendly. We were late back from a West End show and thought the restaurant would be closed but we were able to have the same menu in the adjoining bar which had a really nice atmosphere. The food was of a very high standard. Recommend a visit to Camden town! it was buzzing with people and atmosphere, loved the street food at Camden Lock.

Room Tip: 6th floor and above facing The Tower
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Bradensharp
Steven K, Manager at Novotel London Tower Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback, I'm glad you had a good visit to London and appreciated our location near London Tower Bridge.
And thank you very much for your kind review about the nice atmosphere in the bar and the high standard of our kitchen. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I have stayed at this Hotel on a number of occassion over the past few years. Whilst this is part of a large chain of Hotels, I always get the feeling that I am well looked after. The staff are courteous, helpful and efficient. The rooms are spacious for central London, well equipped and always clean with everything working. This is also a handy Hotel to see the Tower of London and other attractions, should you be in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I stayed here for a night on a personal side trip while in England on business. The location was great - just a 3 minute walk at most from the Tower Hill tube station, 5 minutes from the Tower DLR station, and 5-10 minutes walk from the Tower of London, Tower Bridge and the Thames walk.

I had an Executive room with came with espresso and Bose docking station and free premium WiFi, but the room is supposedly the same otherwise as the Superior room. The bathroom was well laid out in this arrangement, particularly the shower, and as long as you don't need a bath tub I would recommend this room.

Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful, and the food quality was good. The neighborhood just the other direction from the tube station is a little less ideal, and of course my good price came from a fare sale. If you can find this hotel at a discount, it's definitely worth a stay.

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms have a much nicer bathroom setup if you can get them.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Matthew H
Steven K, Manager at Novotel London Tower Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Dear guest,

I am delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I am glad you had a good visit to London and appreciated our location I would like to thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Regularly stay here for business. Great stay with family Friday night. Brilliant location, next to Tower Hill Tube Station and close to Tower of London. Exec room, very modern with sofa bed and pull out bed for 2 kids. Great breakfast, fantastic shower room , with clever shower glazing. Decent price and kids loved Mac computers.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank JohnB72
Steven K, Manager at Novotel London Tower Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your nice review, we're glad that we have maintained the good standards you have experienced on previous visits to Novotel London Tower Bridge and again appreciated our location and rooms.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Stayed at this great hotel for the weekend of the Carling cup final in March 2014!! Excellent location, room ideal for a group of 3 young ish lads. Just round the corner from London Bridge and London Tower. 1 minute walk from the Tower Hill tube station. Staff friendly and helpful. Room wasn't ready when we arrived but that wasn't a problem. Staff took our bags this allowed us sometime to do a bit of sightseeing. Would recommend this hotel and would go bak.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your very kind words and for giving us this great five stars rating, following your stay at Novotel London Tower Bridge.
This is very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in our hotel.
I look forward to welcoming you back at Novotel London Tower Bridge for any of your future trips to London.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

We stayed in the Novotel for 2 nights. Welcoming staff at reception and in the bar and "good mornings/evenings from all of the staff". The rooms are a simple but comfortable design but I had two misgivings. Number 1: The size of the toilet which is seperate from the Bathroom is tiny. I am of average build and height and barely got to sit on the toilet! Number 2: The TV/Music is a right pain in the backside to use having to repeat all steps from the menu just to change the channels or music station. Apart from these small misgivings the hotel is very well situated and within 1 minute of Tower hill underground. The bar is quite modern and staff were lovely but they have no residency policy and the bar was closed by 1am on a Friday night, all myself and my other half wanted was a nightcap. Would we stay in Novotel Tower bridge again? Yes because of location and pleasant staff.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Steven K, Manager at Novotel London Tower Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear guest,

Many thanks for your comments. I am delighted that your experience in our hotel was a positive one and you enjoyed the warm hospitality from our team here and you appreciated the location of Novotel London Tower Bridge. I’ll look into the point you raised, and in the meantime, I hope we can welcome you back to Novotel London Tower Bridge.