Our family of 4 (including 2 children aged 3 and 6) stayed here for 5 nights.
I booked through Expedia and selected this hotel on the basis of it being the most reasonably priced hotel that could accommodate a family of 4 within one room, and also after referring to trip advisor reviews that the location was good.
The location was ok. It is extremely convenient to the closest tube station, but it is at least a good 25 minute journey to make it into central London shopping, sightseeing and the theatre district. This includes changing train lines once. So not the easiest lugging a stroller up and down all the time. If you enjoy being close to the action, shops and restaurants, I would suggest that this is not the place to be.
It's helpful to know that the cab ride from Heathrow Airport to the hotel was approximately 90 pounds, but we prebooked a transfer to take us back which was half the price. If you are using a taxi service, look into Hummingbird as an option. The booking service was helpful and efficient.
Aside from this, the actual accommodation and service is of a reasonable standard- what I would expect from Novotel.
They do have an Xbox in reception which is fun for the kids, computer and printer access which was very handy and they do give a small welcome gift to the children on arrival.
Our first room had a bathroom sink that was not draining and the bathroom had a very bad odour. Since maintenance was not available on a Sunday, with prompting by myself, we got an upgrade to a refurbished corner room. This was much more spacious, classier and had Korres toiletries. This room was very comfortable for us, and the reason for the 4 star rating.
Eating at the hotel proved to be reasonable value when compared to eating out which is good considering there didn't appear to be that many alternative options nearby. We ate dinner in one night, had room service another and ate breakfast there twice. They cater well for kids with a well priced kids menu and free buffet breakfasts for children. The children enjoyed the breakfast selection.
If I had my time again, I would have perhaps contacted some of the more central hotels individually to see what they could do for a family of 4. It was a bit too far from the action for our family - a bit too inconvenient to return for naps, etc.
However, we did have a fantastic time in London, a nice bed to sleep in and you can expect clean, modern rooms and for the most part a good level of service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel London Tower Bridge is located in the City of London. Offering 6 meeting rooms and WiFi internet access for business travellers, the hotel is also a superb base for those on holiday in London. Situated opposite the Tower of London on the Thames close to Tower Bridge and St Pauls Cathedral. Take a short tube ride to the London Eye, Tate Modern, Millennium Bridge or the West End theatre and shopping areas. The hotel has Keepers Lounge bar and kitchen, gym, sauna and steam room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Novotel London Tower Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel London Tower Bridge Hotel London
- Novotel London Hotel Bridge
- London Novotel
- Novotel Tower Bridge
- Novotel London Tower Bridge England