“Expectations Exceeded”

Novotel London Tower Bridge
Ranked #236 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My entire experience was great, starting with the pleasant staff who checked me in. The room was spacious, clean, and modern, with a nice bathtub, free wireless internet, a kettle and minibar ~ everything you'd need. There are complimentary use computers with printers in the lobby, and as I urgently needed to print something, erasing my anxiety about something I needed urgently to print. In the elements restaurant, I requested a meal conforming to my various dining constraints, and I was brought a delicious dish, hot, quickly.

For such a great location, I would have tolerated a cramped room with no bathtub; it was a pleasant surprise to walk into a room as comfortable as this. The surrounding area is historical and rife with trendy and inviting restaurants and bars. I absolutely would choose to stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Christophe P, Manager at Novotel London Tower Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you for very your kind comments and for this fantastic 5* rating, left here on Tripadvisor following your stay in our hotel.
First of all, I am particularly happy to see that we have exceeded your expectations and that your stay was so great starting from our pleasant staff at check-in, our spacious rooms with all their complimentary amenities and the free Wi-Fi. I am also pleased to see that our business centre was such a great help to you and that conforming to your dining constraints we have quickly brought you a delicious meal.
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon In the Novotel London Tower Bridge.
Christophe Pfeilstücker, Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,007)

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I booked one night here as a refreshing treat for my partner's birthday. I emailed the hotel in advance and requested a room with a view and a late check out. I wasn't disappointed in either case. The room had a great view overlooking Tower Bridge and the Tower of London. The location of the hotel is great. Tower Hill, Fenchurch Street and Aldgate stations all within easy walking distance.

The room itself was lovely. Bright and airy with a comfortable bed. The TV was in a bit of an awkward position relative to the bed which I found a bit odd but we weren't in the room much to watch TV so it wasn't too much of an inconvenience.
However, the bathroom was AMAZING. For me, bathrooms are the make or break of a good hotel room. This bathroom was large with a double shower with both a rain shower and hand held attachment. Great power and great decor. Complimentary toiletries and more than enough towels.

It's a great value hotel and I found it better than the Doubletree opposite. (Sorry Hilton!)

Room Tip: Room 541's bathroom was amazing.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to comment your experience online following your stay at the Novotel London Tower Bridge.
It is a great satisfaction to see that you and your partner had such a great stay with us, appreciating our central location, very close to the underground station of Tower Hill and to the local attractions such as Tower Bridge or the Tower of London. I am also very glad to see you liked our newly renovated, spacious rooms with their comfortable beds and our modern bathrooms with their rain shower. I am of course very appreciative of this 4 star rating but I would be very grateful if during your next visit you could give us additional feedback as to how we can improve and get the maximum rating.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel for your next visit in London.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank HammyAthertron
Christophe P, Manager at Novotel London Tower Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I needed a 1 night stay in this location due to a conference nearby. I loved the design of the hotel lobby, bar and also the rooms - very cool! And cosy and comfortable at the same time. Breakfast was nice but not worth the GBP 16.00 I had to pay for it. Internet is available for free - enough to check e-mails, but if you need anything more powerful you have to pay extra for that - I only saw a deal of GBP 19.90 for movies and broadband combined but maybe there was a cheaper price for broadband only. If this is important to you I would suggest to check with the hotel prior to booking.
As for the question of value - well, it's London which is never cheap.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Christophe P, Manager at Novotel London Tower Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Thank you very much for your positive feedback following your stay at our property.
I am very pleased to see that you liked the design of the hotel, our bar and the rooms. It is even with more satisfaction that you also found it at the same time cosy and comfortable.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Novotel London Tower Bridge for your stay visit in London.

Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

The room was a reasonable size with good amenities, modern coffee machine, good sized tv, aircon, computer and USB ports, excellent lighting and bathroom (love the shower). All this for £85 a night - I've been to a lot worse for a lot more. Saying all this I didn't eat in hotel - 'reasonable' starts with the price of breakfast, and this wasn't. Probably will go back though.

• Stayed: February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience following your stay at the Novotel London Tower Bridge.
I am really glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us, like our spacious room with its modern amenities like for example the complimentary Nespresso machines, the large flat screen TV as well as our computer and USB ports inbuilt system. I am also very happy that you liked our new and modern bathrooms and of course that your will choose us for your next stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon in our hotel for your future visit in London.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Room was okay, bed actually very comfy and amenities fine (although the TV remote didn't work - some battery jiggling sorted that out though) adn the air con was completely ineffective, had it turned down to 5 degrees and it made not one bit of different; you can't sleep with the window open because of the noise (usual for London I would think). It all fell apart when we had our evening meal in the restaurant - without a doubt, the worst meal I've ever had in a hotel EVER! Because we were on a business account we could order dinner up to a fairly generous £30 for food and this was barely enough to have a starter, one of the cheapest mains and a dessert - and you'll need all three if you want to feel as if you've had a meal because the portion sizes were ridiculously small. Squid for starter, three small pieces. Beef noodles for main and I'd struggle to justify it being a starter size - insulting and quite frankly a rip-off at £16!! Hardly any beef, just some noodles and slices of pepper. Take my advice, go out of the hotel if you want a decent meal - the Natural Kitchen just over the road is similar prices but ten times the value and much better quality, with two very nice cocktails for a tenner from 5-8 pm...

Room Tip: Avoid rooms at the front of the hotel - colleagues hardly slept a wink it was so noisy.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank SarahJane3611

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience following your stay with us.
I am grateful for your extensive comments and we will look into the different subjects you have been referring to. I can already reassure you that your feedback will be very helpful to us.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Novotel London Tower Bridge for your future stay in London.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

On arrival the room was cold, so we turned on the air-con at maximum heat. No difference, so we reported the problem to Reception. A small oil heater was brought up, not really adequate - fix the air-con Novotel!
We ate a pretty average evening meal, I think my omelette arrived rather too quickly (?!), and was so not freshly cooked. Breakfast was a BIG disappointment; there were three very dried-up fried eggs left at 10.00am (brekky served until 12 noon) and a pan full of hard, dried-up inedible bacon. I asked the staff to cook fresh eggs and bacon; the response was two under-cooked eggs and two under-cooked rasher od bacon for me - and the dried-up stuff was left on the warmer. I asked one fo the staff why this inedible food was left for everyone else to suffer, and was met with a blank stare (not sure they understood the English). Very disappointing experience. I stayed at this hotel around 8 years ago, and it has definitely deteriorated since.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ptrdhrty
Christophe P, Manager at Novotel London Tower Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback following your stay at the Novotel London Tower Bridge.
I am really surprised to read your comments on our breakfast as well as on our hotel having deteriorated since your last visit, 8 years ago. Although I am very appreciative that you shared your experience with us, I am a bit confused that you are complaining on points, for which we are usually getting a lot of extremely positive feedback of our customers. Nonetheless, I will look into these matters, to make sure we didn’t fail on this particular occasion and if needed, take whatever measures to prevent future occurrence.
Once again, thank for your time and we look forward to welcoming you back to our property for your future visit in London.