“Out of this world!!”

Ranked #241 of 1,067 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Out of this world!!”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed for 1 night for my daughters 18th birthday. The hotel was fantastic. Andras and his team made my daughters birthday very memorable at breakfast by presenting her with a lovely cake and singing happy birthday to her along with the rest of the restaurant. We can not fault the hotel in any way, it is the best hotel we have ever stayed in and hope to revisit very soon!

Many thanks to all the staff at the hotel, hope to see you soon!

David Jones and family

1 Thank Davidjones1438
NLTB, Manager at Novotel London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Mr Jones, thank you so much to have taken time to review your stay at our hotel on Tripadvisor and giving us such an overwhelming feedback as well as a much appreciated 5 star rating.
It’s is such a pleasure to see that you and your family had such a great time with us and that you found our hotel being fantastic as well as being the best one you have ever staid in.
I will extend your thanks to Andras and his team and I am sure they will be very happy to hear that their little extra gesture for your daughter was such a memorable moment to her and your entire family.
We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Novotel London Tower Bridge for your next visit in London.
Christophe Pfeilstücker, Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I've found this place handy for visits to the City, and the general standard of accommodation is high. Staff - who seem to be mainly French - are very friendly and helpful, particularly the guy who supervises breakfast.

I used the gym on my last visit and I did find it quite small and crowded - and the elliptical trainer didn't seem to be working, However other than that relatively minor point I think this hotel is a fine spot in an area which doesn't have that many good options.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank GarMcQ
NLTB, Manager at Novotel London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment your experience on Tripadvisor following your stay at the Novotel London Tower Bridge.
I am really happy to see that you value our hotel so much. It’s pleasant to read that our teams were very friendly and helpful, particularly our breakfast supervisor and the standard of our accommodation is so high.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel for your next visit in London.
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The hotel is very clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel is conveniently located near to the tube station as well as a Whetherspoons and Tesco. The bar service was good, giving out free nuts with your drinks was a nice touch and there is a massive tv in the bar area you can watch too.
The bed is really comfy with enough pillows which was good. We booked for two nights so was good value for money. On our check out day we were able to leave our bags safely at reception while we went out for breakfast in Wetherspoons which was nice to be able to do.
The aircon in the room was not very cold and because you cannot open the window very much it did mean the room was hot at night which was a bit uncomfortable. It would also have been nice to have a bath as well as a shower after a long day shopping in London! Overall had a really good stay there and it was good value for money.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for giving us your feedback online following your stay at our property.
It’s a real pleasure to read that you enjoyed our prime location, within the City of London as well as being only a minutes’ walk away from the nearest underground station and that you enjoyed both the service and the atmosphere of our bar. I am also happy to see that our staff was friendly and helpful and that we were able to help you by storing your luggage whilst you have been away from the hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back to at the Novotel London Tower Bridge for your next stay in London.
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Amazing breakfast; patient and helpful staff; okay rooms; very clean; perfect location i.e. it's central and close to a tube and bus station and even the Tower of London but it's not nearly as busy or loud as other parts of the city. Overall, I was reasonably impressed with my stay in this hotel but I have stayed in better all the same.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank StephenN778
Thank you for taking the time to comment your experience on Tripadvisor following your stay at our hotel.
I am particularly pleased that you have been impressed by our hotel and that you liked our central, still very quiet location, next to the underground station of Tower Hill, bus stops or local attractions such as the Tower of London or Tower Bridge. It is also a great satisfaction to see that you had an amazing breakfast and that our staff was always patient and helpful.
Kind regards, Christophe Pfeilstücker, Operations Manager
HK
Reviewed September 26, 2012

This hotel was almost 400gbp the night I stayed. This is totally absurd for a three star hotel. While they have tried to make it nice ob the outside, it is very average inside. When checking in, despite showing a UK drivers licence showing my UK address, they forced me to show my passport, which is just unnecessary and annoying. They also had my accor number showing my UK address, but it seems because they are untrained, we all had to show a passport. Lucky I had it on me...second, they make you pay when you check in, they don't take a guarantee, which means I could not charge the restaurant to my room and could not order room service and I could not even make a phone call. They made me walk back downstairs to give them my credit card to make a phone call. This hotel is just hopeless, staff didn't care.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Fair123
NLTB, Manager at Novotel London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
I am very appreciative that you brought this to my attention and I will straight away make sure that our whole staff is perfectly aware of all of our procedures. I can assure you that our staff is usually very careful as you can read in other comments and I honestly believe that this in a one off situation. Finally, I would like to inform you that our property is a 4 star hotel and that the rate you have paid is common for London during a busy business week. Please be aware that we do offer very attractive rates if you don’t book last minutes but beforehand.
Mc Leansville
Reviewed September 26, 2012

This is a really nice hotel - clean, beautiful, comfortable, BUT a few things could be improved. First, we asked at the front desk on two different occasions if there was free internet. We were told to connect through the television, but there is a charge for connecting through the tv AND through your own laptop. I have no problem with not having free wifi, however neither of the two employees we spoke with sounded like English was their first language & were not able to answer this question (a simple yes or no would be good). Secondly, the hotel is quite proud of their energy/green rating and one of the features is that the room lights only work for about 5 seconds unless you leave your room key in a specific slot next to the door. If there were clearly posted signs that EXPLAIN this, that would be fine, but the slot says insert card to turn on lights (no mention of leaving the key card there). When you're exhausted from returning from a busy London day, dealing with lights in the dark are not much fun.
I can say that the bed and pillows in our room were the most comfortable ones I have ever found in a hotel. The area is extremely convenient because it a very short walk from the tube, quite close to the Tower of London, and if you search there is a Tesco that is open so that you can pick up breakfast the night before, if you don't want to pay hotel rates!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
I am very grateful for your feedback regarding your room and our front desk. I will look into it and make all possible arrangements to improve this. I am extremely satisfied to read that you found our bed & pillows are the most comfortable you ever found in a hotel and that the hotel was very nice, beautiful as well as clean.
Kind regards, Christophe Pfeilstücker, Operations Manager
England
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Just returned from a wonderful weekend stay. Hotel location is great, seconds from tower hill station, next to tower bridge, Tower of London and minutes to the Thames for great views of the water, the Shard and City Hall. The city is quiet at the weekend which was nice after the busy shopping and tourist areas.

The hotel itself was excellent. The service from the evening staff on friday, to the bar staff and checking out. All friendly and courteous. The room was upgraded at no cost which was a nice gesture. Great size room with nespresso machine, tv and iPod dock.

Would definitely recommend.

3 Thank yanni120
Thank you for giving us this feedback following your stay at our hotel online and we are very appreciative of your great 5 star rating
I am also happy that you found out hotel excellent, that you were so please by your free upgrade and enjoyed our newly renovated executive room so much. Finally im very pleased that our service was always courteous and very friendly throughout your whole stay.