“Typical small private hotel in London”
Review of London Lodge Hotel

London Lodge Hotel
Ranked #306 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 27, 2013

The staff are very friendly and helpful but the room I had looked nothing like the photos on the website. Food mediocre to say the least, breakfast started too late to be of any use. Not really near the Tube. Food in the evening pretty grim so I didn't eat there. Sad really because it could be quite nice but really needs refurbishing. It looks dated and tired.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
merilea, Manager at London Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Dear Andrew J,
Thank you for your review.
I wish you had mentioned the problem with breakfast whilst you were at the hotel as we offer room service breakfast too at any time. Breakfast officially starts at 7.30am but we are very flexible as one of the staff lives on site and we have 24 hour room service.
Our menu has been changed today (29th November) and our refurbishment starts on 5th January 2014 so I'm hoping you give us the opportunity to prove ourselves in the future.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I agree with another reviewer (Carlos F) that this hotel "offered good value, but at the same time, quality accommodation". I stayed here just one night with a family member and was pleasantly surprised. The reception staff were exceptionally friendly and happy to help with any query, the twin-bedded room of a very good standard. The written feedback I gave was followed up immediately on my return home, so customer service is definitely high on their agenda.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear ChrisBatt,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to write a review, we really appreciate your feedback. Hopefully we wil see you again soon!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

First for the good. Exceptionally friendly staff at reception and the room was decent enough and clean. However lots of noise from the neighbours and the plumbing will gurgle into the night - best to keep the plugs in the sink and bath. Bring your ear plugs. Location is not too far from Earls Court tube station.

Breakfast was sort of OK, portions small and no black pudding so more like a half English than a full English. We were staying here with work and ordered 6 full English breakfasts to be served at 0730, as we had an early meeting in the City. The next morning we discovered that nothing was done, most made do with a continental breakfast, but I waited 20 minutes for their 'full-English' and had to pursue the waitress around the dining room twice to place my order - she forgot the first time.

Dinner was not OK. No English beer on the menu at all and the main course pasta dish was half a plate of pasta with half a plate of white rice. No one eats food like that and to top it off the chicken in the pasta was cold and had obviously just been put on top.

Even more annoying was the lack of free WiFi. This is definitely a must in 2013 and the charges were egregious.

So nice Staff, clean rooms, good location, but shame about the dining room and lack of free WiFi.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Avro105
Merilea13, Manager at London Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear Avro105,
Thank you for your review.
We have just finished installing new boilers today so (hopefully) that will solve that problem.
Our corporate rate included wi-fi, you just needed to get a code from reception which some of your colleagues did. We also have a computer in the lobby area which is free of charge to use at any time of day or night.
With regards to the breakfast, we used to have black pudding but VERY rarely do our guests eat it and it usually gets thrown away so we won't be changing that I'm afraid. We had cooked the breakfasts for you on the first morning but no-one wanted anything, I personally asked the group twice - I'm sorry if there was a lack of communication but we freshly cook all breakfasts to order and not everybody wants everything on the plate, to avoid wasting food we ask you what you would like for breakfast.
I do wish you had mentioned the problem with the dinner at the time so that we could have done something about it - it is very difficult for us to solve problems once a guest has departed.
We are sorry that we didn't meet your standards, maybe you could give us another try, next time you need to stay in London, feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

This is a quaint hotel, in a perfect location and with the friendliest staff.
Very close to the tube station and in a very quiet neighborhoood
Being a travel agent, I stay in hotels no less than 8 days out of a year. I find the London Lodge a pretty good place for a bussiness traveler or a tourist.

Carlos L. Fida, CTC

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank carlos f
MerileaLondon, Manager at London Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Dear Carlos f,
Thank you SO much for your wonderful review.
We look forward to welcoming you next time you are in London!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I was relieved to find this hotel on the net as many other London hotels seem to get poor reviews. Considering the prices of some places in London, this offered good value, but at the same time, quality accommodation. It is really convenient for Earls Court and transport links, has friendly, helpful staff and I had a pleasant single room. What's more, I had a good night's sleep (even though I would have liked the mattress on my bed to be a bit firmer) as the hotel is not on a busy road. The only thing that slightly let it down was the over keen breakfast staff, bringing all of my food onto the table when I'd barely started eating my cereals. This has happened at some other hotels and I wish waiting staff would realise that not everyone wants all of their food brought to them in one go. Having said this, I would definitely stay here again and next time, I will make sure that I remind the breakfast staff as soon as I see them.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank BenjaminBear
MerileaLondon, Manager at London Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear benjaminbear,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review.
Please feel free to tell the staff when you would like certain items, unfortunately lots of countries don't eat cereals and only want the bread so it is sometimes difficult for my staff to judge but they will be happy to oblige with your requests.
See you soon!
warmest regards,

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed this week on a business trip at the London Lodge Hotel. All In all a great stay. The rooms were very clean & a decent size, the bed was slightly small but comfortable. The staff were lovely, very friendly with a great sense of humour, extremely welcoming & nothing was too much trouble. We only had the continental breakfast which was very nice. My only gripe was that the corridors, lift and reception were sweltering hot, the room we had thankfully had air conditioning. Great stay and would stay here again

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MadameTussaud
MerileaLondon, Manager at London Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Dear MadameTussaud,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review.
As stated, all our rooms are air conditioned but, unfortunately, the corridors aren't.
I look forward to welcoming you i the future.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Just returned from a one week stay. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The bed was one of the most comfortable hotel beds we can remember. The location can't be beat - quiet and charming street, yet close enough to everything we needed. If you Google map the location to see how far the Earl's Court Tube station is, don't let that fool you into thinking that it's a long trek. It's maybe a five minute walk - not bad at all. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark S
merilea, Manager at London Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear Mark S
Thank you for your review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay.
See you again!