“Lovely hotel in nice & quiet neighborhood”
Review of London Lodge Hotel

London Lodge Hotel
Ranked #322 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We've had a very enjoyable stay in this hotel. Rooms are spacious and comfortable, and very quiet. We could even sleep with the windows open, all we heard were birds in the morning.

2 different busstops at a few steps away, taking you everywhere you want to go. But you can easily walk to Hyde Park, Royal Albert Hall, V&A, ...
There's a direct bus to Oxford street. Busses are much more fun than the Tube, tube station is quite a walk.
Overall, excellent place to stay when in London.
Would definitely go back there. Full breakfast was delicious, staff very friendly and helpful. Brochures, maps, ... on hand at reception area.

Room Tip: We were on top floor, overlooking several cute gardens
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Carolien K
MerileaLondon, Manager at London Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Dear Carolien_be,
Thank you so much for your lovely review - we are really glad that you enjoyed your stay.
Hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for London Lodge Hotel

Reviewed January 10, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here in October 2011. Not only was the location great but the staff was also very helpful and friendly. We had wanted to go out to the movies and dinner but didn't feel like hitting the West End again, and the receptionist who was working there at that time pointed us in the right direction and it wasn't too far to walk from the hotel itself. Rooms were clean and it was nice to put our head down after a long day out. Everything was within good reach. We are planning another visit this July for 16 nights and hope that there will be a room available for us then. We hope our travel agent has some good news for us tomorrow :-).

p.s. we can't remember the receptionist who attended to us at that time but she was expecting her first child and was due to give birth to her baby girl in December. If she is still there, we would love to see her again.

p.p.s....just ignore the rating on the pool and fitness centre. I had pressed the buttons accidentally! Its still a great place to stay!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ZaiF_61
MerileaLondon, Manager at London Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

Hi ZaiF61,
Thank you for your review. It's very sweet of you.
Mirka has had her baby now and she MIGHT be back in February.
We look forward to welcoming you back in July.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel for 10 nights with a group of 18 students and faculty. We have only positive things to say, such as:
Lots of hot water
Rooms extremely clean.
Staff - smiling, courteous, efficient. These folks really seemed to enjoy working at this hotel and went above and beyond many times, particularly during a crisis moment to help us. You can leave your key at the front desk with 24/7 reception to avoid misplacing it. This was an excellent feature for students sharing rooms and coming and going at all times.
Beds were comfortable and again clean.
Breakfast was simple, but nicer than most continental breakfast in the US. REAL DISHES, not plastic and a variety of fruit, cereal, yogurt, cheese, toast or croissant.
TV channels adequate.
Location is one of the best features. Close to the TUBE with enough places to eat, shops, grocery, pharmacy all within close distance. The street the hotel is located on is extremely quiet and the hotel itself was quiet as well. I was expecting some noise from our group of students, but only heard them one night.

There were a couple of complaints about the climate in some of the student rooms, but I did not have a problem in mine.

Wifi was expensive and my only complaint would be that perhaps there could be one hot zone for wifi in the hotel. The lobby is small, so I assume that is why there isn't one there, but it was difficult for our students to find free wifi nearby.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ketti T
MerileaLondon, Manager at London Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Dear Ketti T,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review,
We are hoping to arrange something for the wi-fi in this coming year.
I hope we have the pleasure in the future.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We wanted a quiet break away and we got it. Lovely staff made us very welcome. Had a good knowledge of London and things to see and do.
Room was comfortable and very clean and bathroom was cleaner than home. Breakfast (we choose the cooked for extra) was well cooked and served. The mislaid spoon was replaced with a smile (and a giggle).
Here's to another break in the future.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
MerileaLondon, Manager at London Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Dear BunnySurrey,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, it's always lovely to hear from satisfied guests.
Look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Warmest regards and Merry Christmas!

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Staff are friendly but inexperienced. Rooms are small and tired. My bed was very small. No air con and no temperature control. Location good for Earls Court. Fairly noisy with creaky floors anda loud and slow elevator. I have stayed in worse but not at these prices.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
MerileaLondon, Manager at London Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Dear KenCountyDown,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
We have air conditioning and temperature control in all our rooms so I'm not sure what happened in your experience.
Unfortuntely, we have recently had a changed of staff but that happens in the hospitality industry, quite often and we all have to start somewhere. I can assure you that this is not our usualstandard of service is very hgih.
Our beds are standard UK sizes are our rooms are typical if not larger than a standard 3 star in London.
I'm sorry that you were not happy with your stay and I certainly wouldn't say that we were the usual standard that you stay in judging by you previous reviews, but if you ever want to stay with us again please feel free to contact me directly and I will make sure that your stay is a more comfortble one.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

I will start this by saying that I am the first one to skip over bad reviews and thinking people are far too fussy. I also don't normally write reviews on here but felt I needed to because I feel so put out by the way I was treated.

My job involves a lot of travelling and stopping in hotels and I have seen allsorts but generally take it in my stride as even in a poor hotel I generally find the people try their best.

After a late night in the office I arrived at the hotel at 9pm, checked in and went up to my room. As I entered I was hit with a strong smell of cigarette smoke. Not wanting all my clothes and hair to smell, I went back to reception to let them know and see what they could do.

The receptionist informed me that they had no other rooms (which is fair enough) so I asked if someone had smoked in a room how would you clear the smell (expecting her to offer to spray the room or do something to clear the smell) to which she responded they would just open a window.... which is fine when it is though the day... but on a rainy December night in london, at -1.5C... an open window for the evening is quite a daunting prospect!

Up to here is all fine really.... It hasn't gone well, the poor girl on reception is doing as she is told by her manager... I'll just get another hotel and obviously not be charged for the ash tray room....

So I manage to get another hotel about half a mile away, no offer of a cab for the inclement weather but never mind. Just before I leave I clarify that I obviously won't be charged for the room, to which I was informed the full room cost must be paid?!?!

After I picked my jaw up off the floor I tried to understand why I would be charged for a room that wasn't fit to stay in? To which I was told point blank that the cancellation policy had passed therefore charges were applicable.... as if this was in some way me just being fancy, wanting clean air and all...

After a day of wrangling they have reduced the charge to 50%...

I can't believe they have the nerve to try to charge. It shouldn't even be a question!

Bad times

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank adam l
MerileaLondon, Manager at London Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Dear Adam1,
Thank you for writing a review.
I'm sorry that your return visit to our hotel was such a bad one. We are a non-smoking hotel, unfortunately if a guest chooses to ignore the rules there is not much we can do. My receptionist informsed me that she did offer to freshen the room for you with our de-odouriser but you didn't want us to do that. We also didn't get a chance to offer you a taxi as you didn't tell us where you were going.
As soon as we were contacted by your agent we apologised but, unfortuantely, that was the next day and we therefore had no opportunity to offer the room to some-one else.
I understand your frustration and apologise for any inconvenience. Please do contact me directly if you wish to discuss this matter further.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I and my husband spent last weekend at the London Lodge Hotel.
The room and bathroom were in good condition especially considering the price we paid.
A continental breakfast consisting of cereals, yogurt, fruit, croissants, toast and fruit was included in the price but cooked breakfast could be ordered at an extra price. The service at breakfast was well as in the reception was very good the staff being efficient, smiling and friendly.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Hleskogar
MerileaLondon, Manager at London Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Dear Hleskogar,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review.
Hope to see you again,