“Excellent hotel with superb service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of London Lodge Hotel

London Lodge Hotel
Ranked #277 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Oslo, Norway
“Excellent hotel with superb service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

Lovely hotel, in a quiet street in a very nice neighbourhood. Walking distance to Earls Court tube station, which gets you to Heathrow for £1,40 off peak in about 40 min.

I had a very nice room with air condidtion, bath tub (sa requested) and television.
Hotel is in a victorian building in a proper English style.

Breakfast is basic. Staff is lovely, and so is the location. Stroll up to Holland Park, continue to Notting Hill and the Portobello road market and take the tube back.

Will definitely com back with my hubbie.

Check out the Scarsdale Tavern or The Troubadour - two very charming spots in the neighbourhood.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
MerileaLondon, Manager at London Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear NoodlesOrIceCreamSir,
Thank you SO much for a wonderful review.
We look forward to welcoming you back and welcoming your husband!
Lea

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Vanderbijlpark, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

We visited London for a conference. The London Lodge Hotel was the perfect place to stay, clean, comfortable and affordable. It is a safe clean neighbourhood. It's close to the underground, busstops and all the necesarry shops, lots of foodhalls etc. The Hotel's own restaurant, Stephanie's Restaurant, is also recommendable. The staff were outstanding at all times. They gave us useful traveling tips and help us to plan our trips. Lea, I thank you and your staff for outstanding service. See you soon.

Room Tip: Just ask Lea for advice!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ria500
MerileaLondon, Manager at London Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear Ria500,
Thank you so much for your review - it is really appreciated.
See you soon?

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

This was my 4th trip to London. I prefer to stay around the South Kensington area because it is very nice and safe neighborhood. When I decided to go to the the Olympic Games, I booked this hotel through Expedia because it is within my targeted area and the price was reasonable (by London's standard). As it turned out, I could not be happier with my choice.

This hotel is located in a very quiet neighborhood, yet within walking distance to Earl's Court station, so there are many restaurants and shops around. I booked a small single room for 10 days during the Olympic Games. It was decent sized (again, by London's standard; plenty for me), and very clean. The lady at the front desk was exceptionally friendly and absolutely tried her best to make me feel welcomed. She personally guided me to my room, which was unheard of in the States. The room has a flat panel TV - great to watch the morning sections of the Games at the comfort of my room. The continental breakfast (included in my booking) was equally great, with fruits, milk, juices, toasts, among other stuff. You may also order omelette and other cooked hot breakfast at a reasonable price. The service people there were just as friendly.

Overall speaking, I absolutely loved this hotel because they made me felt that I was staying in a friend's house. This is not Hilton, so don't expect marble floor in the bathroom etc. But if you are looking for a nice and cozy hotel in a fine neighborhood while within easy access to all the major tourists sites (via subway), this hotel is unbeatable in multiple fronts. I would not hesitate to book it again for my next trip to London.

Room Tip: The WiFi is on the slow side, but this could be a generic issue in London during the Olympic Games...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
merilea, Manager at London Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Dear Sean J,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review, it was a pleasure to accommodate you.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

Great wee hotel. have been staying there for many years now as I work alot of exhibitions at earls court and olympia
Every year.
The London lodge is very close to the tube at earls court and Kensington high street and very close to many bars and restaurants within a 5 minute walk.
The hotel it's self is very clean well staffed and the management both Mandy and lea are so helpful.
I can't knock this hotel.
I live in Belfast and would not stay anywhere else in London.

• Stayed March 2012
MerileaLondon, Manager at London Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear Rawcy66,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon!
Castlederg,Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

Just back from the Olympics.Fabulous experience and congratulations to the UK organising team who are doing a wonderful job.
Our stay in this hotel was the only disappointment of our trip.Yes I do expect to pay more for a stay in London during this busy time.However when you pay expensive prices(which is more profit for the Hotel) you expect good quality.This is an average hotel-nothing special.Breakfast is poor-3 types of fruit-bananas,bitter mandarin oranges or Royal Gala apples,unexciting cereals,croissants and toast.Anything else is extra.
The option to make coffee or tea in your room is offered but was removed early on our departure morning-so even though check out is at noon the tray is removed at 9.30 am.

At £240 per night I would expect free wifi.a decent breakfast and the facility to make coffee during all of my stay.I definitely will not be staying here again.
I travel to London 4 times per year and feel this Hotel has sacrificed long term custom for short term gain.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear TheOHareclan,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay with us.
With regards to the breakfast, we also offer yoghurts, ham and cheese free of charge. As I explained to you, we usually take the tea and coffee facilities out fo the rooms when we check the mini-bars on departure as most people don't need them after breakfast and before check out - my apologies if this was an inconvenience and we would certainly have bought them back if you had called us.
I wish you would give us the opportunity of proving that our hotel is a great place to stay and value for money the rest of the year, but I would understand if you prefer to stay elsewhere.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

My sister & I stayed here for a week during our tour of London. It is a very convenient location with nice rooms. The first time we tried to eat at the restaurant for dinner, we were told a party of 17 was expected & they couldn't seat us (the party of 17 never showed up!). The next time we tried, we were able to get a seat but the food was just OK. Our waitress did not speak much English which made it difficult to order.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Labbymom
MerileaLondon, Manager at London Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Dear Labbymom,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.
I apologise if you had a bad experience in our restaurant, you should never have been refused entry as there are at least 25 seats in our restaurant.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay regardless of the bad experience.
See you again soon?
Jacksonville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

Stayed here for five nights during the Farnborough Air Show. The location is fantastic - convenient walk to the Earls Court tube station and several restaurants and pubs. The staff is very friendly and accomodating. Unlike many London hotels, this one does have air conditioning, although it was not really necessary during my stay. The bar area was very bright and cheerful and a nice place to relax at the end of the day.

For those guests visiting from the U.S., be aware that you may not find some of the amenities in your room that we are used to finding: no iron/ironing board (although you can request one from the reception desk), no complimentary Wi-fi (it's available for a surcharge), no alarm clock (you can request a wake up call from the front desk, but if you need to keep track of time, have a watch or cell phone handy.) The hotel does offer complimentary breakfast, however, it is only available after 7:30 AM and my schedule for the week required an earlier departure from the hotel, so I can't comment on the quality of the breakfast.

I would definitely stay here again if traveling for pleasure, but this is not the best option for business-related travel as some of the business amenities like Wi-fi, and early breakfast, and an alarm clock aren't readily available.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
MerileaLondon, Manager at London Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear King615,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to write a review.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay.
For future refernce, we can arrange corporate rates for business travellers that include wireless internet access (your group would meet our criteria), there is a clock on the television which can also set an alarm for you and we have 24 hour room service so breakfast could have been served in your room for a small tray charge of £2.00. We also have a trouser press in every room (apart from one, which may have been your room - apologies!), we tend not to leave an iron & board in the room as it takes up space (which comes at a premium in London).
Feel free to contact me directly if you are staying next year and we can negotiate a deal that is more suitable for your trip - we are VERY flexible here.
Glad to hear that you returned home safe and sound and hope to see you in the future.