“Amazing steak!”

Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Description: An exquisite British steakhouse and a sensational cocktail bar, Hawksmoor Seven Dials is found in the old Watney-Combe brewery. The fine steaks are cooked on an authentic charcoal grill. With a reputation for the best steaks in London, Hawksmoor serves up critically acclaimed British cuisine alongside exquisite wines. Covent Garden Tube Station is just a 3-minute walk away.
“Amazing steak!”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

ate here for my 5th Wedding anniversary.

Shared starter of Tamworth belly rib - melt on the mouth rib and the flavour was brilliant

Shared main 900g Porterhouse steak, creamed spinach, triple cooked chips, mushrooms, bernaise sauce and peppercorn sauce. Everything about this was amazing and i can not fault any of it.

Desert - White chocolate cheesecake with fresh strawberries and chocolate and salted caramel tart with popcorn ice cream. Sensational both of them!

Would and will be going back soon.

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
“Amazing amazing amazing!!!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

From walking through the door the amazing service starts. Helpful happy and friendly staff EVERYWHERE! We had a drink in the bar first & they didn't have the cocktail I wanted but they said give them minute & he went away googled it & made it for me ( didn't expect that service), it was amazing & really started the night off well. We moved onto the restaurant, I had the fillet steak & it's the best steak I've ever had (&ive had a lot of steak), cooked to perfection. Afters was just as good & we were served a plate with three chocolates & a happy anniversary message written in chocolate (not expected as I still don't know how they knew it was our anniversary as I booked the table & didn't tell them) absolutely lovely. The whole time our waiter was amazing (very happy & helpful, made us feel right at home & welcome). After all that I recieved an email a couple if days later asking for feedback about our service/meal (very happy to respond to email & glad to see a restaurant wanting to improve anywhere possible) I can't see where they could improve the service & meal was just superb. Thank you Hawksmoor staff for making our night amazing.

“Best steak in London”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Eaten here time and time again, never disappoints. Love the macaroni and cheese, all the cuts f steak are fab too. Save room for the triple cooked chips.

Highly recommend their Sunday lunch - perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon and amazing value.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Anna J
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Good side dishes, but that's all. Don't go here for the steak!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I visited the Hawksmoor with my girlfriend as part of a short break to London, after having researched the best-reviewed steak restaurants in the city. Unfortunately I left quite disappointed, having paid over £80 (excluding drinks) for the two of us.

We both asked for our steaks cooked rare. The fillet steak (the most expensive single cut on the menu) was leaning far more towards medium, whereas the ribeye was leaning towards being blue! I would have thought that consistent and careful cooking would be the highest priority for a upmarket steakhouse, but it was not, which was really disappointing.

The steaks had a... decent... flavour, but that is all. I've had far better beef from my local supermarket (and no, that is not an exaggeration).

The peppercorn sauce was terrible. We left it mostly untouched.

The side dishes were better. Bone marrow was cooked well, and improved the flavour of the steak, but I would not recommend it as a starter on its own. The mashed potato was buttery and rich with gravy.

As for the much-admired beef dripping fries, they taste exactly the same as you will get from any fish and chip shop in Scotland (since any good chippy here cooks with beef dripping anyway). Their bone marrow gravy - while nice - is also identical-tasting to the chippy's packet mix.

The atmosphere was decent - it was busy, even late at night, but I found it very dark and therefore a bit difficult to see either the food or the menus in detail.

All in all, a disappointing experience, and if you want a remarkable steak I would recommend against going to the Hawksmoore.

“Meatastic......”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

The venue is informal & simple, the menu is a carnivores haven

The service was very attentive and non intrusive.

2 things to notes, 1) the portions are large! 2) rare means rare!

The only let down was the ribeye was slightly over salted, and bone marrow lacked a little flavour...

I would return