“"Me Man; Me love steak!"”

Hawksmoor Seven Dials
Ranked #144 of 23,234 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Description: An exquisite British steakhouse and a sensational cocktail bar, Hawksmoor Seven Dials is found in the old Watney-Combe brewery. The fine steaks are cooked on an authentic charcoal grill. With a reputation for the best steaks in London, Hawksmoor serves up critically acclaimed British cuisine alongside exquisite wines. Covent Garden Tube Station is just a 3-minute walk away.
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Took the other half for a manly anniversary meal and we loved it.

The underground dining room amongst cavernous brickwork brings a wonderful, intimate atmosphere. The service was fast, friendly, high quality and yet not overly-formal.

We ordered from the pre-theatre express menu which, although reduced in options, was absolutely delicious. I had the tomato salad to start. I can't remember what my partner had to start - I was too busy tucking into my lovely salad to notice! We both had the Rib Eye for main and it was quite honestly the best steak we've ever had in London. Absolutely divine.

We had to leave promptly to make our show before getting to sample the dessert - of which the waiting staff were very accommodating, but we loved it there so much, we went back after the show hoping for a late night sweet and some cocktails.

Unfortunately by this time there were no tables free :o(

There are newer reviews for Hawksmoor Seven Dials

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Booked this after reviewing on the Internet and had a fantastic visit with my partner. This was a delicious meal and after having ribeye, recommended by waitress who helped choose the appropriate sizes and sides, I don't think I'll every eat another fillet steak. Food and ambience was worthy of pricey bill...you only get what you pay for...so if your looking for great steaks then head here you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank kenny_shaw_uk
Reviewed June 29, 2013

When in London some weeks back we had dinner with friends at the Hawksmoor in Air Street ,we enjoyed it so this time we visited the Seven Dials restaurant.
We took 4 friends from the USA who "know their steaks". Wow the steaks were cooked to perfection as was my wife’s fish. Chips were great and the small Caeser salad sublime. Puddings were rich and a great end to the meal.
Service in both bar and restaurant was exemplary.
Three courses for six with three bottles of wine and a couple of cocktails each to start the bill was a shade over £500, very reasonable I reckon.
I would be happy to eat there again.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

This is a prime ( sorry) example of a the proven model of, get high quality ingredients, cook simply, good quality servers and you've cracked it.

Nearly walked passed it having booked by phone 45 minutes earlier - call could have been a bit less functional - but hey ho - nice welcome - directed downstairs - slightly disjointed - but once in eating area - slick and helpful.

Nice lighting avoids this basement being gloomy. We were up against a pillar which gave a bit of privacy.

We had a set two course lunch, which was excellent value. How refreshing ( sorry again) to be offered tap water as well as other choices.

Robust marrow bones as a starter set the tone for the meal. rib eye steak of excellent , clearly well hung, perfectly cooked. Outstanding - made you won't to come back and work through the cuts. I wonder if the fish option is as exciting?

Niggles? The meat looks unattractive when it arrives - i noticed when walking in on other plates - maybe its the food without fuss approach, but a brush of unsalted butter or parsley would lessen the dull appearance from lighting. The horseradish sauce didn't match the meat for distinctive quality and the chips may have been waiting a while. That's the the downside of sharing the plate with meat that potentially blows you away!

The service was fast, helpful and attentive despite becoming incredibly busy and noisy. 12.5% service charge worth it and assurance it goes to staff.

A robust reasonable Corbiere was found, although you can move up market easily. More than enough in two courses so didn't get to dessert- next time!

Highly recommended.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

The meat was tasty as described really lovely and each agreed they liked their meat best so all cuts were good. sauces were forgettable, spinach and mushrooms ditto. Scallops were nice but too butter however £14 for 3 scallops? Chips nothing great neither the triple cooked (what this fad about anyway) nor the dripping one's. I liked my shrimps on toast but not everyone likes brown shrimps. Roast marrow bones swam in butter but not browned enough.
a good Malbec at reasonable price (for them) only £65.
Puddings nice but popcorn ice cream didn't taste of popcorn only of caramel.

their service friendly but not attentive, we needed to wave to a few each time we wanted a waiter to come. being subtler completely bypassed them.
4 ppl. eating well, couple of cocktails (not worth the money) a bottle of wine service £370

worth it ? you judge