“Top steakhouse”

Hawksmoor Seven Dials
Ranked #136 of 22,552 Restaurants in London
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Description: An exquisite British steakhouse and a sensational cocktail bar, Hawksmoor Seven Dials is found in the old Watney-Combe brewery. The fine steaks are cooked on an authentic charcoal grill. With a reputation for the best steaks in London, Hawksmoor serves up critically acclaimed British cuisine alongside exquisite wines. Covent Garden Tube Station is just a 3-minute walk away.
London
“Top steakhouse”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I visited Hawksmoor to celebrate a friend's birthday, we had all been looking forward to it for months, given the hype. We were not disappointed.

Food - most of us had the bone marrow with onions to start, my first experience of bone marrow and it was delicious and a good portion size. We followed with steaks of course, which were cooked perfectly to order and the sides were just as tasty. There were numerous cuts of steak available on the day, which aren't on the standard menu. I would have liked to have been offered a sauce when ordered, as I forgot to do so, however when the steak came and I realised, it only took two minutes to receive the sauce. My pescatarian friend ordered the crab to start, which was a little on the small side, and was disappointed to learn the lobster was not available.

For dessert, I have to recommend the chocolate and salted caramel tart, with popcorn ice cream. I thought I would never manage it but it was so delicious and not too rich, that it went down easily. So easily, we ordered some macaroons to finish. The mint one was a light refreshing end to the meal.

Service - I could not fault the service. The waiters are extremely friendly, making personal recommendations when asked. Service was not too stuffy and formal, but was efficient, each waiter who brought dishes over knew exactly where to place them without asking. When one of our coffee liquers looked cloudy they did not serve it, but made a fresh one. The atmosphere in the restaurant is relaxed and of course it's a good location.

2 Thank Sarahk1986

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Derby, United Kingdom
“Outstanding Sunday roast”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Best Sunday lunch I've had anywhere. The meat was superb, huge Yorkshire puds and crunchy roast spuds. £19.50 may seem a lot but worth every penny in my opinion.

London, United Kingdom
“As amazing as I hoped for”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Last time I visited this restaurant I was a vegetarian, and have been waiting for over a year for a return visit as a carnivore - and what an amazing meal we had. Roast lunch + cocktail & a bottle of wine to share was well worth the wait. The meat was superbly tender and more veggies than you can shake a stick at. Have booked for a return family visit in April !

Perth, Australia
“Birthday Steak”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We went to the restaurant for a birthday in December 2012. The reception staff upstairs were very helpful and sent us downstairs to the restaurant to be seated even though we were 20mins early. Once seated we placed our order for one of the steaks on the board but the sizes were incorrect therefore we had to order a larger one, this was the only negative.

If you are in a rush please think about what you order as the 800g steaks take about 30-40mins to cook therefore its not somewhere to run in for a quick bite if you want a serious steak. The food quality was amazing and impressed with the cooking of the huge steak. The staff were very attentive and talkative which is becoming something you don't get anymore.

Overall was high quality and would definitely go back but be aware you pay for the quality of meat!

• Visited December 2012
Westchester, New York
“No Sure Why So Special”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We recently ate at Hawksmoor. It was strange because the restaurant is a steak restaurant but they were almost out of a couple of cuts (e.g., porterhouse). The service was okay but definitely not memorable. The steak that came was good but not huge and the prices were very steep. We live near NYC and eat at many of the well known steak restaurants which have equally if not better steak and are less expensive. The food in London does appear to be higher priced in general and perhaps there are much fewer steak restaurants so Hawksmoor stands out. For us, it was okay but nothing really special.

• Visited December 2012