“Very High standard for the UK”

Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel
Ranked #234 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed June 17, 2009

Hotels in the UK are not generally a great standard, but the Grosvenor was surprisingly nice and to a very high standard. I would recommend it highly. It was very modern and very high class it you want a good standard for London stay here not cheap though.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed June 12, 2009

I have stayed in all types of hotels before and I have never before lost anything in any of these places. Although the staff was friendly at JW Grosvenor House (except security manager), they were not able to solve the mystery of disappearance of my personal items from the room. It partly ruined my vacation and I cannot recommend this hotel to anyone as I wouldn't want anybody to be worried about their things left in the room while they were out and about.

Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank raine04
Reviewed June 11, 2009

Just back from a 3 night break in London. Stayed at the JW Grosvenor House Park Lane. Travelled with my husband. The whole experience was wonderful. The location is perfect easy walking distance to sights - Hotel looks onto Hyde Park. Tubes are only minutes away eg Marble Arch to the right while Hyde Park corner to the left. Buses stop on Park Lane, so your choice is endless. Hotel staff were excellent. Never had such a wonderful breakfast from a hotel. This hotel is a little bit expensive but considering the area it is worth it and don't forget Marriott rewards - we got three nights for two. Restaurants in the area are fab. Had a wonderful meal in KAI - by far the best chinnese meal I ever had. Worth travelling to London just for that. Aslo ate in Piccolino - italian restaurant just off Regents street (twice) wonderful food and staff so frendly. Excellent service

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DublinLin
Reviewed June 10, 2009

The location was fantastic, the staff was friendly and welcoming.

The room looked as if all the furnishings were brand new!

Room service was prompt & delicious.

The shower had the most complicated on/off system, but I was able to figure it out & then enjoy the robe & slippers in the room.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank bluewillow29
Reviewed June 9, 2009

Stayed here over Valentines weekend and was immensly impressed. The refit has been completed and is a credit to the Marriott brand. The staff are attentive without being overbearing, the rooms immaculate, and having Corrigans restaurant on site means you bearly have to leave the building. However if you do it is perfect for all of central London's attractions and with Hyde Park literally over the road you could not wish for a better location.
All in all I can't reccomend it highly enough.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Trevor_L_Dorset
Reviewed June 7, 2009

My husband and I spent the Christmas and New Year holiday in London.
Although we arrived early in the AM, the front desk staff was able to check us in.
After viewing several rooms, we settled on a smoking room on the 4th floor.
Thankfully the room had no residual smoke odor. The full english breakfast was wonderful. We found the restaurant staff very attentive. Our only complaint about the hotel was the poorly trained concierge staff and doormen. When we asked the concierge to book an afternoon tea appointment for us, he only dialed the number and handed me the phone. As someone who is used to quality and personal JW Marriott service in the states, I was quite frankly shocked. My second complaint occurred when we were leaving. The day before we left, my husband checked with the concierge desk about getting a taxi early in the morning to the airport. He was assured that it would not be a problem on New Year's Day. The next morning when we were leaving, we could not find a doorman and this was at 9 AM!!!! Nor could we find someone at the concierge desk. We had to get someone from the front desk to go behind the concierge desk to look for the doorman. Apparently he was too busy socializing with the concierge that morning. As I waited for my husband at the door, several other hotel guests came out of the hotel looking for a cab. After standing around for awhile, those guests decided to walk to the main street to look for a cab. Other than those incidents, I would say the hotel was acceptable.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2009

its one of a kind place to be in when your in london its excellent beautiful and classy

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank suri1111