Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel
$288
$279
Orbitz.com
2,856 results
All reviewspark lanethe executive loungered barpark roomafternoon teamarble archoxford streetgreat roomupgraded to a suiteturn down serviceconcierge staffluxury hotelan upgradebuckingham palacewonderful hotellondon hoteltube station
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Marriott delivers at all other JW properties where I have stayed. This one misses the mark.

The breakfast for Gold folks (normally the concierge floor) is terrible. There was some Romanian guy outside my room shooting nails into the baseboard during the day while I was on conference calls and the room smelled like hamburgers were being cooked inside. The hotel is tired and worst of all I got this great service for 598 GBP per night ($900 US). Marriott should make this a Holiday Inn, it will save their reputation.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Morten S, Hotel Manager at Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Dear Jeff Y,

Thank you for your taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us. I very much appreciate your candid feedback.

First and foremost I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused by the work being completed in the nearby vicinity of your guestroom. I can certainly understand how frustrating this must have been as it clearly impacted your work. Additionally, I have taken note of the smell that was present in your guestroom. Clearly these are not the service levels we pride ourselves on and I have shared your feedback with my management team.

I am disappointed to learn that the full Continental breakfast including a selection of hot items did not meet your expectations. On the contrary, the Executive Lounge breakfast is regularly marked as one of the highlights among our Gold and Platinum members. Being a frequent traveler myself, I truly feel that our lounge offering is of excellent quality with a very good selection. I am sorry you did not get to experience just that on your visit.

Please do let me know if you should return back to London and select to stay at Grosvenor House as it would be my pleasure to ensure you have a most memorable stay.

Yours Sincerely,

Morten Skumsrud
Hotel Manager

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Very nice Hotel in the heart of Mayfair, good food and well appointed. Close to Hyde Park and Oxford Street short cab ride to Harrods. One of London's most prestigious traditional Hotels.
The Red Bar on the ground floor is a very nice evening venue and their traditional Engish breakfast is to die for.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Park.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank James D
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We spent several days at the Grosvenor House in May. We arrived from the US on an early morning flight and were in the lobby waiting for some time, with many other travelers. The management noticed, and opened the Red Bar for complimentary juice, coffee, and pastries while we waited.

We had an Executive Room on the seventh floor, which was very large, clean, quiet, and had a nice view of the Palace, London Eye, and the city. The room had a king bed, chair with ottoman, another seating chair, desk with chair, small refrigerator, and mini-bar. The bath was all marble with a large tub and huge rainhead shower. While there, we enjoyed room service, high tea, and other meals. We also enjoyed complimentary breakfast, wi-fi, and use of the mini-bar, because the executive lounge was undergoing renovations.

The concierge and other staff were all very pleasant and professional. The only slight downfall was service in the tea room. Our food was excellent, but we happened to receive a very poor server. Thankfully, the other servers noticed we were not receiving any service, so they pitched in and brought us our food and drinks.

On our departure day, we were waiting a long time for our shuttle to the port at Harwich. The Concierge noticed, and took it upon himself to call various contact numbers and determine the situation. When he say us still waiting almost half an hour later, he called again. Service above and beyond!

We have been to London a number of times, and would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again. The location is terrific for walking (through the park), shopping, and restaurants, and the staff are outstanding.

Room Tip: Seventh floor back side was extremely quiet, which is what we requested.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank jannielee
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Stayed here on overnight through London on way to Italy. Not really close to a tube stop but otherwise is a great location near park. If travelling light, it is a nice 10 minute walk through the park to the hotel from Hyde Park Corner stop. It is also a very short inexpensive cab ride to Victoria station.

Hotel staff was attentive and hotel was clean. The room was a little on the small size compared to the room I had at the Marriott Park Lane several months before. The bathroom was very historic and old with great white marble but it had been updated with modern conveniences while retaining the historic charm.

The room mini bar fridge is the type where if you remove something it automatically charges you so don't count on any cold storage in room if you need it for medicine etc.

The property appeared to be well taken care of and the staff were more than friendly. It has a great lobby area for sitting around and relaxing. There is free wifi in the lobby and charge wifi in rooms. The rooms have tea and coffee in them.

This is a typical high end Marriott where it is done well and is consistent. I would probably stay at the Park Lane Marriott has it is a little closer to Regent Street and a tube stop It also seems to be a little better value. However, I would not hesitate to book here again either.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank okcJohn
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights and could not be happier. It is right across from Hyde Park and near Marble Arch. Very nice accommodations, minimum of a superior suite would be highly recommended, with excellent, friendly, and well dressed staff. We are a Platinum Marriott Member and used points for the stay or else we would have been looking at close to $ 750 a night per room. Came with breakfast which was simple yet elegant, but the coffee left a lot to be desired. The one saving grace is there is a Starbucks in the facility but again with the exchange rate, a venti will cost you over $ 7.00. But I guess if you travel to the UK you are aware that the rate is not favorable. All and all a great place and would defiantly consider staying there again. This was the second time my wife had stayed there.

Room Tip: Request a Superior Room as it has a small living room area which makes a nice area for three or four to gather and watch tv without having to sit on the beds.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family