What we liked about this place:
1. The location - good and close to lots of things
2. The Steak House Restaurant has some atmosphere, and some good Bourbons
3. The reception staff tries to be helpful
4 The room on the 8th floor was ok - the one we got after asking to be moved from the one we originally got - awful, on the first floor.
What we did not like:
1. The first room we got - the views from the window will be attached! Claustrophobic!!!
2. The service at the Tea room and the breakfast - one expects a lot more for this price.
3. Most of the things are old and urgently need renovation!
All in all, I wonder what is happening with the hospitality industry in Europe / UK? The standards are diverging - for the same price somewhere in the Middle Ease or SE Asia, one can get several times better place / service!!!!!
On top, this hotel was offered to us by British Airways, we bought it in a package with business flight tickets, and I do not understand why the divergence between the expectation created on the website (when we booked) and the reality was so huge? Why were we stacked in that windowless hole? Why a good hotel is using this place as a room at all? it should be used as a closet or some service room....More