Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel
Trip.com
  • Pool
$185
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$175
Rosewood London(London)
$456
$409
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
$136
$115
Agoda.com
2,829 results
All reviewspark lanethe executive loungered barpark roomafternoon teamarble archoxford streetgreat roomupgraded to a suiteturn down serviceconcierge staffluxury hotelan upgradebuckingham palacewonderful hotellondon hoteltube station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 16, 2012

One of my favourite hotels in London, Location is great. My room was upgraded and it certainly had the wow factor. The service and staff were fantastic, nothing was too much trouble. I look forward to returning.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank jane01030
Morten S, Manager at Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

Jane,

On behalf of the entire Grosvenor House team, we would like to thank you for your great review and for being ranked as one of your favorite hotels in London. It is evident that we have made a great impression and we cannot wait to welcome you back.

Please do let me know when you are planning your next stay with us so that we can ensure your stay is nothing less than your first one!

Warm Regards

Morten Skumsrud
Hotel Manager

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed at the Grosvenor House with my parents over 35 years ago when it was still one of London's grandest hotels. I returned in the late 1980s when the Forte family restored it to its former glory, and once more prior to Marriott's renovation, when it had become a terrible shadow of the former grand hotel. We returned last moth for a 10 night stay. I am a Marriott Rewards Gold member and a great fan of the JWs. JW Marriotts are truly outstanding hotels with superb service in every area. Service, although not bad, was definitely not equal to other JW properties. One night I had to call three times for toilet paper, the third time, incredibly, the "at your service" operator told me she needed to ask the night manager for permission! This to a customer that was paying £600 a night!
The American style style steak house was a terrible idea and breakfast there was average at best. The Executive lounge was small, crowded and noisy. A big disappointment for such a famous historic property. I will not return as there are many other better choices in London.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lhbz
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Check-In was very warm, friendly and efficient but it was all downhill from there. For a 5 star hotel on Park Lane there are expectations and, sadly, Grosvenor House fell short on most of them for me. Poor standards of housekeeping would be the only explanation as to why I discovered the previous occupant's disposable contact lenses and packaging along with a half empty toothpaste tube on the sink top. One of the robes had clearly been worn and the general state of the cleaning of the room was nowhere near what I would expect from a 5 star. On our first trip out we returned to find that the keys would no longer open the doors and the very busy reception desk resulted in it taking such a long time to rectify the situation and provide replacement keys. Little niggly things like paying £20 for high speed internet connection and discovering that the email with the login details was not sent therefore limiting my connection to just the laptop was most frustrating. Eventually, after reporting these concerns, the hotel agreed to upgrade us to a suite. The process of doing this was staggering in its stupidity and red tape - all conducted by a less than helpful young lady on the desk who was clearly frustrated that a colleague had made us this offer. It was like a Monty Python sketch at times. Not to go into too many boring details we were told that she could not allow us to have two rooms at the one time, therefore we would not be able to get our luggage and possessions out of the original room to move to the suite as she had now completed the process on the system. Staggering. Anyway, we were eventually moved to the suite which clearly was a 'smoking' room as it was equipped with ash trays and smelt awful. We had clearly asked for a non smoking room as an essential element of our booking but we were so traumatised by the process of being 'upgraded' that we did not have the heart to go back and start all over again. The final insult was on looking out of the window of the suite. I have attached a picture and I think that this needs no further explanation! We did order some afternoon tea from room service and it was very pleasant. Service was quick and the selection of cakes and sandwiches was lovely.
I would most certainly not consider going back to this hotel and would definitely not recommend it to others.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank DCG
Reviewed October 14, 2012

On a trip to England we stayed at the Grosvenor in London and found it to be extremely well located, a short walk from Buckingham Palace. Unfortunately the Queen was in Australia. Great people, even had a fire drill which was very well handled,

Room Tip: try alnd get a room to the font of the hotel
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank donnelson
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This hotel is very lovely and the staff is excellent! They were always smiling and very helpful. The manager in the lobby one day took his time to ask us the kids and I have planned. He gave us some helpful tips of getting around. The kids loved the revolving door to enter the hotel. The location is fantastic. You are only a couple of blocks from the Bond tube station. There is the central line and the jubilee line. Plus you can walk to Buckingham Palace and Green Park easily. The hotel was very clean and neat. The colors in the room were very inviting. The bathroom was updated and full of granite. The only complaint I have is the frames built around the double beds... I hit my foot on it and the kids hit their knees on it several times, Other than that the hotel is perfect. The morning we left, the hotel was very helpful with arranging a taxi to the airport for us. Thanks for a great nights rest.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family