“Fab fab fab”

Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel
Ranked #219 of 1,089 Hotels in London
“Fab fab fab”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

We booked very last minute for one night and the room was superb,the atmosphere in the lounge bar was really nice,we had long lingering drinks,impeccably served .the beds were amazing as were the bathrooms. Will definitely return

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (461)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

What a fantastic Hotel from the moment we droped the car off at the garage we where met with polite kind and most of all professional people the hotel was spot less and the whole expereance enjoyable we would definatly stay again
thank you all at the Hotel.

Clive and Dawn Lennon

Room Tip: Just ask at the desk we had a suite but the rooms are big enough
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Clive L
Morten S, Manager at Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear Mr. & Mrs. Lennon,

It was with great pleasure I read your recent review and I am delighted to read your comments about the service provided by our team. The hotel truly has a great history and tradition, and I am glad you got to experience just that during your stay here with us. I do look forward to welcoming you back to the Grosvenor House in the future.

Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

Great location and excellent service. We were upgraded to a room overlooking Hyde Park and could not have enjoyed our visit to London and this hotel more. Conveniently located, we were able to walk to Central London attractions.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to share with us your experience from your last visit with us here in London. I am delighted to know you enjoyed your stay and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Henley in Arden, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

I was on a business trip, checked in approaching midnight and was given a junior suit room that was very nice, good bedding great bathroom, new superior towels etc. The staff where friendly and efficient. No queue checking in or out. The room I got had no view - pointing at a wall in an internal courtyard but as I was on business this was not an issue and meant it was nice and quiet for central London but if I had been on holiday I would have been disappointed.
The wireless network was very poor, worked a bit then virtually no bandwidth, after 5 minutes worked again then froze again. I reported this in checking out and they did take a note so maybe that is not the normal experience - if I had been charged the £20 list price for that I would have objected but I qualify for free access.
I have a gold card and the executive lounge for breakfast had great quality and variety of food BUT the only free table had not been cleared. I pushed stuff to one side to make room but this was not cleared while I was there. It appeared only one person was working and at the 8am rush they could not cope with the number of people accessing the lounge which spoilt the whole experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay in one of our Junior Suite with it's plush bedding and spacious accommodations. Please accept my sincere apologies for the problems you encoutered with our WIFI service during your stay. Although your review does not indicate the dates you visited with us, I belive this may have taken place during a 48 hour period where the hotel experienced some siginificant issues with our telecommunications lines. I can certainly undersand how frustrating this must have been, but can assure you that the proper follow up has been taken with our various partners in this regards. Thank you for sharing your experience in our Executive Lounge. I am happy to see that you enjoyed the food quality and selection, but am at the same time sorry to see that this was overshadowed by the fact that tabels were not cleared and prepared in a timely manner. It is evident we could have done a better job in this regards, and your comments have been shared with the various managers overseeing this particualar area.

Please do let me know should you return to London and elect to stay here at Grosvenor House, so that we may be given the opportunity to restore your faith and ensure you have a most pleasurable stay

Bristol, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

I attended a function here recently with 700+ other guests the dinner was dreadful

Starter was not hot

the Vegetarians on our table had to chase up the staff to get their meals served and when they did they were not piping hot and really not worth the bother - an 8cm diameter 2cm deep circle of sliced potato garnished with 2 pieces of carrot and 1 asparagus spear sliced in half swimming in cream.

very poor show from one of London's best hotels

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Morten S, Manager at Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Dear Ken S,

I am very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the quality of the dinner you attended in our Great Room.

As the information you provided in regards to the event you attended is limited, I have taken the liberty to contact you in a separate message. I am looking forward to hearing from you and to working together with you towards a positive resolution.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed here on the 4th Sept 2012 for the second time and the experience was even better than before.
Firstly, the front office manager was accommodating in changing my room date (something they were not obliged to do contractually). Then we arrived early to check in, so popped out to do some shopping and their excellent receptionist Ai contacted us and informed us that not only was the room ready but we had been upgraded!
When you factor in the location (leave from back door you are on Oxford Street in 5 mins, back door Hyde Park in 2 mins), the service, the quality of the rooms, there is no where else I would stay in central London!! Will be back there on my next trip 100%!

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Kieran,

Thank you for your recent review of the Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel. It is great to hear that this was your second time staying with us and that we exceeded your expectations once again. I am especially pleased to see that our Front Desk Manager and our receptionist, Ai, took so good care of you. I am very proud to have them both as part of our team, and I will make sure they receive a recognition for a job well done. Please do let me know the next time you visit us, as it would be my pleasure to personally welcome you back to the hotel.

Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

This hotel is top notch. My wife is a Platinum Rewards member and they upgraded us to a suite over looking Hyde Park. The suite was larger than my first apartment. Very refreshing for a hotel room in a large city overseas. The room was spotless and the king size bed was very comfortable. The lounge is small but the food was good and there is free wi-fi. The lounge had breakfast, afternoon snacks / tea time, and hors d'oeuvres with complimentary liquor in the evenings. All hotel staff I interacted with were helpful and friendly.

The hotel is in a convenient location. We were able to travel to the hotel using the Tube. You can take the Piccadilly line from Heathrow to the Hyde Park Corner stop without any transfers. Exit the underground using Exit 1, cut through Hyde Park Corner, and you are on Park Lane. You need to cross Park Lane using the pedestrian subway. Continue about 100 yards north on Park Lane and you will arrive at the hotel entrance. Using the Tube to get to the hotel wasn't a hassle, even with rolling luggage.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelingGuido7
Dear TravelingGuido7,

First of all let me thank you for your recent posting here on TripAdvisor. It was a true pleasure having you here with us as our guests. From your comments it appears that you had a great time exploring London and I am happy to see that we fulfilled all your expectations. I trust we will get the opportunity to welcome you and your wife back in the not too distant future.

Yours Sincerely,