“Great hotel close to Oxford Street at a reasonable price”

Grange Langham Court
Ranked #523 of 1,073 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 2, 2013

This hotel has just been renovated and has been very tastefully done, yes the room is small but how much time are you going to spend in your room, had all the facilities we needed and was very comfortable and modern.

We booked on the hotel website and breakfast was included which was continental but a very good choice.

It was about 5 mins walk from Oxford Circus which was great but it was not noisy.

Will definetly stay here again, and would recommend

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Grange Langham Court

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I booked a room that was described as Superior Double, so I was expecting something superior! I was very disappointed, the size as previous people have said is far too small luckily we only stayed one night I wouldn't like to have stayed longer. The price was £155 which is far to pricey for what you get. We could only access the bed from one side or you would hit your head trying to get in. I have previously stayes at the St Giles much cheaper and better value for money, I will not be recommending this hotel or using it again. For this price we didn't even get breakfast that would have cost a further £18 each!!!!!

Room Tip: Visit the web site for St Giles Hotel
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I had to stay in London fairly last minute in the week before Christmas. I trawled around the various websites looking for a good deal. Lastminute.com and others came up with a single room at this hotel for £84 which certainly seemed like the best deal I was going to get. I double checked on the hotel's website and lo and behold if the price didn't come up as £53! So I booked it direct with the hotel. The single room was tight and compact but when you're on your own and are not going to be spending ages in your room that's fine. I gather that the hotel has just been refurbished so they're building trade back up again and this was a special pre Christmas offer so it might not be the same price next time! It's only a 10 minute walk from Oxford Circus and is in the hear of the old rag trade area off Great Portland Street so it's pretty handy to get anywhere in the West End. I might have been lucky with the price but I had a very comfortable night's sleep in a good hotel in the West End.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

The room i shared with my 4 year old son was the smallest room i have ever seen not at all suitable for a child, the website never specified certain rooms doesnt have a bath tub so please bear this in mind if you want a bath.

The room was so cramped i had to store the luggage in front of the shower cubicle as there was no where in the room to put it, i couldn't even get to the window to open without climbing over the bed because the desk and chair was cramped in at the foot of the bed not ideal if elderly to have to climb the furniture to reach the window which by the way the room was so hot and there was no air con the window most definitely needs to be opened.

the desk was really small and i struggled to get seated as the chair was crammed in so tight and im a slim person a larger person or the elderly wouldn't even be able to use the chair at the desk.

The toilet struggled to flush more than 2 sheets of loo paper and had to be flushed 2-3 times before the waste was removed.

The shower was was so poor little pressure and the drainage didn't work properly because the shower tray filled up with water not a pleasant experience and trying to shower a toddler with the cubicle door open proved tricky.

on a plus the decor and fixtures and fittings was very nice and the carpet was a good quality also the tea and coffee making facilities was also good and the room in general was very clean.

I personally wouldn't stay here again due to the lack of bath tubs which some rooms do have for the same money its just luck weather you get one or not and the size of the room was shocking plus no air con.

Room Tip: Ask for a bigger room with a bath tub. not ideal hotel if travelling with small children.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank avidtraveller033
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I decided to stay in his hotel, since the hotel I usually stay at it was booked on Sunday, so for one night and due to the location I thought it would be fine. It is about 10 minutes walk to Oxford Circus tube station or about 20-30 minutes to Picadilly street.

The room was tiny, modern and clean. As below post says be careful moving around, you might bump into something.

It is a good thing I didn't have anything to put in the closet because it wouldn't have fit anyway. I put the extra pillows from the bed and it was full. The closet was too close to the bed, in order to sleep in that side you would have to crawl on the bed and then sleep in that side. I had to cram my 2 suitcases by the desk, next to the window.

There was a cold draft coming from the window. I tried closing the window better but there was nothing to do. I put some towels and sweaters and close the blinds to stop from coming in. But it was still cold.

The bathroom was clean, very small with a small toilet and a small tube/ shower in the other side. The shower is somewhat high and you have to be careful stepping in/out or you might fall. The shower door didn't close properly and some water came off.

The area is residential and very quiet at day and night. I felt safe walking by myself at night and early morning to go to the office.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Langham Court is literally a stones throw from our central London office but I had been put off using it for business trips due to previously poor reviews. However with a recent refurb I was keen to give it a shot, and I am glad I did.

The rooms were well renovated, clean, comfortable and well equipped. I had a great nights sleep in the very comfortable bed, helped by the blackout blinds, a great addition to any hotel room in my book! Yes the rooms were small but this is central London and I have stayed in a LOT smaller in the past. There was no aircon in my room which while fine in December may be a bit of an issue come mid summer. The downsides were a slightly drafty window and thin walls meaning the conversations of the couple next door could at times be overheard, aside from these niggles it's a great value stay right in the centre of town.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Extreme care is need when moving around the room, trying to avoid bumping into the furniture at the same time ducking under or around the TV.
Apart from that the hotel is in a nice location and room was nice, modern and a vast improvement on my last stay here. They have obviously spent a lot of time and money on the refurb.
The breakfast was ok but a little unimaginative. Nice touches include complimentary newspapers but no free wifi.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business