We would definitely stay here again, the location was fantastic - opposite Gloucestor Road Tube, 5 mins walk from the Natural History Museum, and close to local parking (at the Holiday Inn, 2 mins walk away, £33 for 24 hours). Staff were very friendly and on-the-ball and the food and drink in the Polo Bar was both delicious and reasonably priced.
We were upgraded (FOC) with no fuss to an Executive double as our standard King didn't have a bath and the upgraded room was much nicer and bigger, with a dualit coffee machine as a bonus. If getting ready to go out (as we were) I'd recommend an executive room as the standard room would have been way too small to cope with two people moving around it.
Only downside was the noise from other rooms and from downstairs, the floors and wall seemed very thin. Noise from reception and the bar/function rooms seemed to carry very easily into our room of the 1st floor, I think in future I'd try to stay on the 2nd floor and up in order to combat noisy evenings and mornings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rydges Kensington London is a four star deluxe design inspired boutique hotel which has been fully refurbished in 2011. Facilities include wired and wireless internet, fitness suite, Restaurant & Wine Bar, Lounge Bar, 24 hour room service etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rydges Kensington London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Kensington London Hotel London
- Rydges Kensington Plaza London
- Hotel Rydges Kensington Plaza
- Hotel London Rydges
- Rydges London
- Rydges Kensington London England