Rydges Kensington London
galahotels.com
$288
$279
1,253 results
All reviewsgloucester roadpolo bargreat locationan executive king roomtube stationthe royal albert hallcontinental breakfastthe natural history museumhyde parkmini barpiccadilly linecoffee machineheathrow airportbed was very comfortablebus stoplovely hotelreception staff
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I stayed at Rydges for three nights with my two children ( 8 and 7) to go and see the Museums . The location is really good, there are always cabs and the tube is literally across the street. We were in an executive studio suite and had a King size bed and a pull out sofa bed for one of the children. It was really well decorated however the room was small. I am really glad my husband wasn't with us as we would not all have fit in! To be honest we only used the room to sleep in as we were lucky with the weather but if we had had to stay in the room for any length of time it would have been too small. The bathroom on the other hand was a great size.
What interaction I had with the staff was always good , the a la carte breakfast menu was a good option rather than the buffet which was pricey.
There is a really good Waitrose over the road for water , snacks etc.
In summary I liked the hotel very much but next time we go to London I think if we were travelling as a family of four I would certainly either have a bigger room or go to a hotel where the room sizes were bigger

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Claire M
Merrin J, General Manager at Rydges Kensington London, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

Dear tilmeg

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your experience at Rydges Kensington London.
Unfortunately due to the hotel previously being Victorian Townhouses, the rooms do all vary in size. We do however have suites which can accommodate 2 adults and 2 children so I hope this hasn’t put you off hopefully coming to stay with us again.

I’m glad you found the location to be right for your needs and that your interaction with the members of our team was positive.

Kind regards

Reviewed May 18, 2012

I stayed at the Rydges for two nights after a two week European vacation and I was never so excited for such a comfortable bed! After sleeping in twin beds for most of the trip this king sized bed was absolute heaven. A friend and I had the Kensington Suite (no more expensive than a superior room when booked through hotels.com) and it was heaven. Two rooms, two tvs, an amazing soaker tub and a nice shower with a rainforest shower head. The room more than met our needs and made us feel very VIP. We even contemplated asking to purchase the nice cream that was left in our bathroom each day as it was so luxurious and different. The front desk staff were also friendly and helped us find restaurants, Hyde Park (not far) and the best way to see the sights. Perhaps more beneficial though is the fact that the hotel is right across the street from the Gloucester tube station which is on the Picadilly line. Made shopping, dining and getting to Heathrow super easy. All in all, I am certain I will be back to the Rydges and would recommend to anyone travelling to London.

Room Tip: The Kensington Suite was perfection
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank travelbug1995

Dear travelbug1995

It is wonderful to read such a lovely review of the hotel. I’m so pleased we could make your stay in London special after such a period of travelling around.

I’m also glad you enjoyed the “different” toiletries we have in the hotel. Unfortunately these are not available to the retail market but if you would like to find out more about them, the range is called “Get Flirty”.

Thank you for your recommendation to other travellers and we look forward to seeing you back at the hotel again soon.

Warm regards

Reviewed May 13, 2012

Beautiful hotel, well appointed, but slightly small bedroom and excellent facilities. Ideal for a one night, or even more, stay. Very close to underground. Only concern was the early closure of the kitchens at 10.30pm. Even though the bar was advertising food until 11.00pm we were advised the kitchen closed at 10.30pm. However there are plenty of restaurants close by.

Room Tip: Ensure it is a god sized room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Glenys H

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback about your stay. I was sorry to hear that you were advised the kitchen closed at 10.30pm as this is incorrect. I am addressing this with the food and beverage team as you should not have been declined food service.

I hope this negative experience hasn’t put you off the hotel and we will be able to welcome you back soon to enjoy some of the delicious food either in The Jam Cupboard restaurant or Polo Bar Kensington.

Kind regards

Reviewed May 9, 2012

Rooms are nicely appointed, all very modern, quite small but good use of space. Tiny bathroom, but brand new, clean and nice toiletries. Stayed on room only so can't comment on the breakfast, coffee shops within spitting distance, waitrose too- handy for a cheeky bottle of champagne etc. round the corner from Natural History and Science museum, Albert Hall is 10 min walk. Gloucester road tube is two mins across the road which is perfect to get into the centre of town. If you go for a weekend and arrive after 130pm it's free parking outside the hotel until 8am Monday morning (limited spaces though) We go to London a lot and will stay here again as its not as expensive as the hotels right in town yet only 4 tube stops from all the action. Only comment I would make is on getting back to the hotel the bar was closed at 11ish, we're used to it stAying open for residents. Small irritation though.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nickie_lou

Dear Nickie_lou

On behalf of all the staff at Rydges Kensington London I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review about the hotel.

It was great to read you had an enjoyable stay and that you found the location to be perfect for your needs. I appreciate your feedback in relation to the hotel’s bar as well. Unfortunately we are restricted by local Council policies and our licence, however this is something we will be looking into in the near future.

Hopefully we will see you back at the hotel again soon.

Best regards

Reviewed May 8, 2012

After an initial resistance by a junior member of desk staff to rectify a problem encountered after booking through the Priority Guest Rewards scheme, a level of management was reached and the problem fixed adequately. I was set on fixing the problem rather than cancelling the booking as I had a hunch from the research I had done online, that this hotel could be something special in Central London. I have stayed in many London hotels and have often been disappointed or disgusted.

My hunch paid off as every expectation I had was met and in some instances exceeded. The location is fantastic (less than a minute to Gloucester Rd tube) with many amenities on the doorstep. The hotel's public areas and rooms alike are immaculately presented. I stayed in an executive double. I have stayed in larger rooms but the size and layout of this executive double was perfect. The recent refurbishment has not spared a penny, with top end finishes all round...from the fittings, to mattress and linen, and the best hotel soaps I have ever come across. All the little things added up to make a most comfortable stay.

The breakfast was more than adequate with a lovely assortment to cater to various palettes and the service was never rushed.

Other than the initial bad experience while trying to sort out the booking problem, the staff were fantastic throughout the hotel which left the booking problem as a distant memory and I will be staying at Rydges Kensington on every future trip into London.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Bern P

Dear bern p

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We do always try our best to rectify problems as soon as a guest (current or potential) brings them to our attention so I am pleased that we were able to in your situation.
I am even more pleased that you had a wonderful stay with us and enjoyed the newly refurbished hotel.

We look forward to seeing you back at Rydges Kensington London again soon.

Warm regards