“Great location, small gym.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Oxford Circus

You added Holiday Inn Oxford Circus to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Oxford Circus
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   57-59 Welbeck Street, London W1G 9BL, England (Marylebone)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Lowest Price Promise
Ranked #504 of 1,066 Hotels in London
York, United Kingdom
“Great location, small gym.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

It's a Holiday Inn - good service, standard breakfast (which got really busy at certain times). Rooms are small, but perfectly comfortable. The gym room is tiny but the location of the hotel is spot on. If you want a bit more luxury go for the Cumbernauld or Marylebone but.......it will cost you a whole lot more.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford Circus, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear 1finny,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. am pleased to know that you find our location great and apologize for the gym size. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Luton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

too bad I was bit dissapointed, because the small so small, it's no surprise for place at England, might be I was just too much expected, but everything just fine, because the location is really good, near to tube and it located in central london, near to all the famous place in London, If you want to go around and just spend few hours to take a rest at the hotel, that would be fine, but for the level stars of the hotel in that size of room, quite uncomfortable

Room Tip: Well, I just let you know, don't expect too much, actually, but for the location absolutely grea...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford Circus, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear FannyRediastuti,

Thank you for your comments about your visit with us. I regret that this visit was a disappointment due to the size of the room. Despite this, it is nice to know that you found our location to be of convenience.

We would welcome the opportunity to serve you again and make your stay as best as it can be.

Regards,

Pam G
Rhuddlan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel frequently over the years and have always found it to be a good experience.The reception staff were very friendly and efficient.We were booked in within a few minutes and directed to our room which was spotless and very comfortable.
I must say this is an excellent place to stay if like us you are on a shopping trip or a theatre visit.Plenty of restaurants and wine bars are within walking distance, and the tube is about a five minute walk( Bond Street) a little more if you want the Oxford Circus tube.
I must mention the porter who greeted us like old friends, a very pleasant man who is full of helpful hints to enhance the London experience.
Looking forward to staying again soon!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the side of the hotel, avoiding the road at the front, as it can be noisy.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
East Midlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Stayed for one night Monday 15th July for business reasons.
The location of the hotel is good for London, 3 minutes walk from Bond Street tube but far enough down Welbeck Street to be surprisingly quiet.
Was greeted at reception by an extremely pleasant young woman.
Had breakfast delivered to the room the following morning and it was very good.
That's were the good stuff ends I'm afraid.
The room, whilst spacious by London standards was just horrible. Tatty, smelly, faded, just old and drab and horrible. For £200 a night I just didn't expect that crap.
Walls were paper thin, so be warned - take ear plugs. I didn't, so had to resort to stuffing toilet paper in my ears to have any hope of sleeping through the noise from Egyptians in the rooms on BOTH sides of me. I've lived with and worked with Egyptians and love them. But they will admit themselves that they are extremely loud whether it's 3 in the afternoon or 3 in the morning. Not the hotel's fault of course, but as I said, the walls are paper thin. You can hear people having a wee in the next door bathroom!
I would possibly stay here again for the convenience factor - IF IT WAS £50 PER NIGHT!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford Circus, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Dear madlycurious,

Ferdinand G
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I have stayed here a number of times on business and was last there on 28th October.Reception was friendly and efficient as usual and as I am in the IHG Rewards Club, I was allocated room 691 on the 6th floor. The room was spacious and comfortable with well appointed modern fittings and all appliances worked. The bathroom was spotless. I had an excellent night's sleep and was woken efficiently by my arranged call. The selection at breakfast was comprehensive and porridge was freshly made. The hotel is very convenient to Oxford Street and public transport and could not be more convenient for me as my business commitment was just around the corner. I will certainly continue to use it in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank DLFD
Westgate on Sea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I stay in this hotel roughly once a month for business and everything about it is average- the service is nothing to write home about, the rooms need attention - they are all very shabby. I suppose the only redeeming factors are the closeness to Oxford Street and the price we pay. I f I paid full rake rate for this hotel I would complain.

Room Tip: If you want a double room make sure you are really explicate when booking - most double rooms have t...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Mary S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford Circus, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Mary S,

Ben J
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I use the HI Oxford Circus frequently through my job. I have to say that the staff are always excellent. There is never a queue at the desk and your needs are always dealt with when identified.
My slight annoyance this week whilst I was there for two nights is that the air con in the room did notwork at all. I understand that this happens, but when you nare paying what you do and check in at 23:00 after a long day, I do not think i should have to point out the obvious. Also i cannot believe that this hotel does not have an iron in the room.
Other than this, the hotel is very good I suppose but the basic amenity levels are not as good at the Thistle in Euston as an example which is cheaper?
Sorry to be negative when the staff are so good but IHG need to invest here... i know its always busy but it wont be if this is not addressed at some point.

I hope this helps you improve

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Hospitalitygav007
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford Circus, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Hospitalitygav00,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. It is our pleasure to accommodate our guests needs the best way we can and we are so pleased you were satisfied with the service you received from our staff. We apologize for any inconvenience experienced due to the room amenities. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen C