Stayed for one night Monday 15th July for business reasons.
The location of the hotel is good for London, 3 minutes walk from Bond Street tube but far enough down Welbeck Street to be surprisingly quiet.
Was greeted at reception by an extremely pleasant young woman.
Had breakfast delivered to the room the following morning and it was very good.
That's were the good stuff ends I'm afraid.
The room, whilst spacious by London standards was just horrible. Tatty, smelly, faded, just old and drab and horrible. For £200 a night I just didn't expect that crap.
Walls were paper thin, so be warned - take ear plugs. I didn't, so had to resort to stuffing toilet paper in my ears to have any hope of sleeping through the noise from Egyptians in the rooms on BOTH sides of me. I've lived with and worked with Egyptians and love them. But they will admit themselves that they are extremely loud whether it's 3 in the afternoon or 3 in the morning. Not the hotel's fault of course, but as I said, the walls are paper thin. You can hear people having a wee in the next door bathroom!
I would possibly stay here again for the convenience factor - IF IT WAS £50 PER NIGHT!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn London Oxford Circus hotel which is located in a quiet Edwardian terrace in Marylebone, just 2 minutes walk from London's famous Oxford Street. The Holiday Inn London-Oxford Circus is ideally suited for both business and pleasure travellers. Centrally situated, London's historic and famous attractions are all within walking or a short distance to the hotel. These are Theatreland, Harley Street, West End Shopping including Debenhams, Selfridges, Harrods and Bond Street; Hyde Park, Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly Circus, Madame Tussauds Lords Cricket Ground, The British Museum, London Eye Nearest underground station is Bond Street on the Central and Jubilee lines, within 2 minutes walk from the hotel. Oxford Circus underground station on the Bakerloo and Victoria lines is just under 10 minutes walk.Please note that all rooms are for a maximum of 2 people. If interested in family rooms please make sure it says maximum 4 people. All rooms have air-conditioning. Internet access, WiFi, playstation games, voicemail and modem points.Hotel is in congestion charging zone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, IHG, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn Oxford Circus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Oxford Circus Hotel London
- Oxford Circus Holiday Inn
- London Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn London
- Holiday Inn Oxford Circus London, England