I stayed here in April 2009 and had a terrible stay. I returned recently and thought things would have changed.....sadly not. The hotel is nicely placed near Oxford Street which is convenient.
Checked in and quite a good experience - the staff member was friendly. I was staying for two nights and was allocated room 177. The room was spacious for sure, the worn tired looking chair and table said it all. The walls were heavily marked and dirty and the AC unit was dripping water. I asked about moving but was told the hotel was full and it was not possible. The bathroom was clean (thankfully) but very basic and the shower gel had not been refilled....which was not an issue as I had my own.
A flat screen TV was in the room but looked out of place in the dated surroundings but was welcome none the less. The plug sockets did not work and the whole room just needs work. In fact, the whole hotel looks like it needs work, it's dated and tired looking throughout.
I had a room service breakfast and dinner but both though generous portions really lacked anything else - bland and boring.
All night long you could hear doors closing, banging and at one point was disturbed by the hotel staff because water was pouring out into the floor below and they were trying to secure the source, that's fine but no apology and nothing heard about it.
My room overlooked the front but I wasn't disturbed by traffic noise which was good. In short, a really disappointing stay. It's expensive but you are paying for the location. The hotel needs a refurb in my opinion and the staff need direction to improve the customer experience.
I will avoiding in future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn London Oxford Circus hotel which is located in a quiet Edwardian terrace in Marylebone, just 2 minutes walk from London's famous Oxford Street. The Holiday Inn London-Oxford Circus is ideally suited for both business and pleasure travellers. Centrally situated, London's historic and famous attractions are all within walking or a short distance to the hotel. These are Theatreland, Harley Street, West End Shopping including Debenhams, Selfridges, Harrods and Bond Street; Hyde Park, Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly Circus, Madame Tussauds Lords Cricket Ground, The British Museum, London Eye Nearest underground station is Bond Street on the Central and Jubilee lines, within 2 minutes walk from the hotel. Oxford Circus underground station on the Bakerloo and Victoria lines is just under 10 minutes walk.Please note that all rooms are for a maximum of 2 people. If interested in family rooms please make sure it says maximum 4 people. All rooms have air-conditioning. Internet access, WiFi, playstation games, voicemail and modem points.Hotel is in congestion charging zone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Oxford Circus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Oxford Circus Hotel London
- Oxford Circus Holiday Inn
- London Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn London
- Holiday Inn Oxford Circus London, England