“Great Location”

Ranked #621 of 1,064 Hotels in London
London
“Great Location”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

This is a good tidy hotel in a great location just two roads up from the busy Oxford Street and Hyde Park corner.

Rooms are clean and generally a good size (I've stayed over 4 times) the breakfast is a buffet and also very good selection the only real negative is the bar service from the tiny bar which always means you have to go searching for a barman/server.

But this wouldn't put me off staying again.

Room Tip: Try and get a top floor room the views are a very good.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham UK
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed here for one night on business. Five minute walk to Oxford Street. Welcome from reception staff was very good and recognised my Priority Club status. Check-in and out were both very smooth with no wait and courteous service. When I got out of elevator I noted that the paintwork immediately opposite was heavily chipped and in need of repainting, this did not give a good first impression although my room was newly decorated which was good. Room was fairly small but had all I needed and bathroom was clean and functional. Window looked out over courtyard so was quiet with no road noise. I could hear noise from adjoining rooms but only during the day, had no disturbance at night. Would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Portchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Wevhad a great time at this hotel ,the staff were most helpful ,The room spotless and quiet .and the breakfast to suit all tastes and plenty of it!!!!When we left we left behind a present for a friend ,I phoned the hotel and it was sent to me with no problem at all so the members of staff go the extra mile for you ..we woulld always use this hotel when visiting London.

Room Tip: Front room very large and quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Upon arrival checked in front office staff not friendly,no porter to take my luggage into my room I took my suite case into my room. The room was as bad as the service the top cabinet in the room full of dust as well as window area,also for 3 star hotel should be at least bar fridge in the room but nothing.wiFi not free have to pay for not cheap while these day can get wifi connection for free places like Victoria train station or kings cross station.The bathroom was very bad state the need repainting pilling of paint from the ceiling one will think hotel have maintenance department to look after all this issues. After checked out complained took couple of weeks to respond via e mail they will look at it very bad hospitality experience.

Room Tip: At times the pictures from the net showing the hotel rooms and all the amenities look better then re...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank George E
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford Circus, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Dear George E,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for.

I am very disappointed to hear about your experience. I want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service and quality of its product and as such, I apologize if you didn't find some amenities to your liking and if the level of service provided didn't meet your expectations.

We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class a world class experience. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Thank you again for your comments.

Dhan M
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We had a lovely stay after a concert, We were able to get food late on & breakfast was very nice, As much as you could eat, And all freshly made
Staff very friendly
Great location for shopping in London.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed August 6, 2013

It's a Holiday Inn, need I say more? (evidently Tripadvisor requires more!). The location is very good. The hotel is average. (Their follow-up survey is far too long.) Having stayed at a half dozen hotels in the area, I prefer the Hotel Indigo near Paddington.

Room Tip: Ask for a queen-size room on the top (6th) floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Edward H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford Circus, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Edward H,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We are pleased to see you enjoyed your time at the hotel, and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Ben J
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We had been led to believe that the hotel had been refurbished - not our room - number 272! The furniture looked like it had been left over from other rooms and dumped in our room. There were unfinished skirting and plug sockets and the bathroom was a little tatty! The overall décor was drab but it seemed clean. The beds were comfortable and clean and I have to confess I slept very well. Noise was limited for central London, which is nice. We tried 3 times to pre order taxis and gave up in the end, as they never showed up! We ended up hailing them ourselves. We were very shocked to find a foreign gentleman smoking (downstairs in the basement) where breakfast is served. The waiters could clearly see him (it was right next to where to you wait to be seated for breakfast) but no-one challenged him! We asked at reception if smoking was permitted in the hotel and were informed no - having said that, the lady on reception did not seem to worry when we said we had witnessed smoking by the breakfast lounge! Overall - ok! We are due to go back to London in November and although the location is good, I think I will try somewhere else!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford Circus, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Helen B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the service you received from our hotel. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction.

Krysllin G.