Holiday Inn Oxford Circus
galahotels.com
$288
$279
1,245 results
All reviewsbond street stationgreat locationmini gymcentral locationwest endfamily roomfew minutes walkfull englishdebenhamstubetheatre
Reviewed March 30, 2008

We booked this hotel becase of its location as we were going to see a show. It was a 3* holiday inn so we didnt expect the Ritz, but it was terrible. 3*.....More like 1/2* the rooms were tiny even by london standards. The reception staff couldnt even be bothered to tell us where our room was of when an were breakfast was. Then when we did get down to breakfast the next morning, the tiny resturant was jam packed an the woman who was "organsing" where people sat was trying to put us with on a table with some random poeple, i dont want to sit with randon people if i did i wouldve gone on holiday with someone i didnt know. So when i said i didnt want to share i got a very dirty look an was told that i had to wait whilst she seated almost all the other guests....30mins later we got out breakfast, which was cold. The room was clean enough though, just ugly an small,. an to be fair in a good location in a nice street. But if you want nice staff, an nice room then dont stay here. if all your bothered about is a room for the night with a tube near by then i guess its not soo bad but still £120 a night. also the hotel still permits some poeple to smoke in thier room so the hotel dosnt smell the freshest.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank ginacale
Reviewed March 25, 2008

I took my 16 year old grandaughter here for her birthday. I requested a hotel with a business center so that my granddaughter could use the email and stay in touch with friends and family. The Holiday Inn website said (and still does say) that there was a business center. Wrong. We ended up using an internet cafe with horrible computers. I have closets bigger than our room, 2 twin (???) beds and practically no floorspace.
On the positive side, the restaurant staff, concierge and bar staff were very nice. The breakfast buffet was good and plentiful and the dinner buffet was exceptional. Location is 2 blocks from Oxford Street and shopping, subway, etc. But still, of all the hotels I have stayed at in London, this is the one I won't return to. Value for money was poor.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2008

Yes, it's well located, being close to Oxford Street (although it's closer to Bond Street tube than Oxford Circus), but that's about the only good thing I can say about the place.

Check In - some London Hotels are notorious for their surly welcome, but this one took the award for the worst one ever. The receptionist managed to utter about 15 words to me throughout the entire process, in a tone that was as disinterested as a person peeling a tonne of potatoes. Oh, and like a lot of London Hotels, it looks nice on the way in...

Room - ....but dated everywhere else. Well, I guess it wasn't that bad, but you do feel a little bit deflated after the nice lobby area. Room was small, bed was a small double - glad I was on my own, and bathroom was small with only a shower and no bath, which is unusual for a Holiday Inn. So, in summary, small. But that's not the worst part...

Restaurant - Sorry, that should be "School Canteen", but I think that might even be overrating it. I didn't eat breakfast in the hotel, but imagine it would be the standard Holiday Inn fare. However, business travellers beware - this hotel has the worst place masquerading as a food establishment that I've been to for a very long time. Totally uninspiring menu, with items unavailable and my mushroom risotto was about the worst example of cooking I've had the misfortune of eating. I was expecting a nice creamy rice dish, with strips of different mushrooms in the sauce, freshly cooked. I got microwaved long grain rice, that had, at one point been shown some sauce before it being whisked away lest it impart some flavour unto the rice grains, with a few bits of mushrooms thrown on the top. Terrible. I'm glad I wasn't paying.

I won't be heading back in a hurry. If you collect Priority Club points, much better Holiday Inn options close by are the Regents Park or a little further away the Bloomsbury by Russell Square or Kensington (not the Kensington Forum).

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank superdaveuk
Reviewed March 3, 2008

My daughter and I stayed here for 2 nights this weekend. We had a twin room on the third floor. The room was not large but we did have a double wardrobe with plenty of hanging space. The furniture is well used but the furnishings were clean and the bedding was crisp and fresh. The bathroom was adequate, plenty of hot water and a powerful shower.
The breakfast was very good, nicely presented, lots of choice and well cooked. Our evening meal was disappointing the soup was good but the carvery was bland and the choice of deserts poor.
The staff were friendly and efficient. We had a late train so after checking out at 10.30am the concierge took our cases until 7.00pm which meant we could go out all day without having to drag them with us.
The location is excellent being one block back from Oxford Street very close to Bond Street underground station.
I would go back if I could get the same offer £95 per room per night bed & breakfast plus one evening meal, this also included all taxes.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank PollyA
Reviewed February 28, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Oxford Circus for 4 nights at the end of January 2008. We were aware that the hotel was a standard 3 star establishment, and knowing that 3* in SA is not neccessarily the same as Europe's idea of a 3* we did not really expect an amazing hotel.
The rooms were simple and comfortable. A nice touch was the "Pillow Menu" from which you can choose any type of pillow you desire. The bathroom was really small and my husband had to shower on his knees in order to get his head under the shower head (He is taller than most though). The walls are a bit thin, so made for some noise - though not excessive (Luckily we had good neighbours). The staff there are helpful and will assist with most enquires. Beware however of the concierge who was not at all helpful.
All in all, we went to London to explore the sights of London...all we needed was somewhere to sleep - and this hotel fulfilled that need perfectly.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple